GrowIt!™ Garden Socially
By Ball Horticultural Company
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
We’re more than a Garden App.
Get Growing with GrowIt!
Start Gardening Socially today.
Whether you’re seeking inspiration, plant information, or just looking to connect with a community of people growing things around you, we’ve got you covered.
GrowIt! helps you figure out what you should be growing. Find plants for your apartment, your patio, or your yard. Plants grow differently depending on where you live. Rely on the community to help you figure out what’s going to work best for you. Pick a color and find out what people are growing around you, or around the world! Weigh in on which plants you like, and let people know what they should throw away. Maybe you want to show off your plants, or maybe you just want to find something that will ACTUALLY WORK in your garden; GrowIt! has something for every type of plant owner.
Annuals, Perennials, Flowers, Vegetables, Herbs, Trees, Shrubs, Aquatic Plants, Bulbs; our growing community covers it all.
- Find information on the plants you love! GrowIt! has detailed information on THOUSANDS of plant types.
- Upload pictures of your favorite plants to show your neighbors how great they look, or upload a picture of one of your least favorite to warn people!
- Have all of your plant and garden questions answered! You can now use our question and answer system to solve tricky problems and gain insight from community members around you.
- Plant Identification! Get your plants Identified by the community on GrowIt! Just tag a plant as “Help Me Identify” and the community will help you out.
- Add a project! Projects are the best way to detail something new that you’re working on. Maybe you’re just making a wish list of plants for your garden, or maybe you want to share some helpful How-To secrets. It’s a great place to keep track of things.
- Use the Explore feature to find the right plants for your garden. Sort plants by color, light needs, and plant type! Results are local so you’ll know that they should work in your area! The filter allows you to mix and match all sorts of search criteria. If you find something you REALLY LIKE you can even add it to a project!
- Find a Garden Shop near you! GrowIt! is working with the best local Garden Shops across North America to help you find where you can purchase great plants. You can even reach out to Garden Shops directly by commenting on their photos.
- Search for specific plants, users, comments and trends with the search feature. Even if you only know part of a plant name, GrowIt! can help you out.
- Rate photos of plants from your area! Anonymously give plants a “Leave It”, “Like It” or “GrowIt!” rating to let your neighbors know how their photos look.
- Show off your gardening knowledge by getting Gro*warded! The more you do on GrowIt! the higher your score will climb!
Let GrowIt! be your mobile gardening solution.
What's New in Version 4.9.3
Introducing the GrowIt! Ambassador Program!
Get rewarded for bringing more people into the GrowIt! community.
Visit your profile to start spreading the love.
On its way to being perfect, but not there yet
This app is generally good for its class, esp being free--not bombarded by ads, but I imagine that that will change. I would be completely fine with a paid version if they started added suggested plants, just NOT a paying member version. There is quite a community of gardeners where finding the more ambitious and adventurous growers is easy.
THE ONLY PROBLEMS with this app
1. There is a ton of redundancy in the plant list -- people take pics of their plants and post them as if on FB. And that's fine but if you're searching for a plant whose name you can't remember, that's a ton of extra scrolling. The "ALL" plants section is home base and the most popular, if there was a search option to scroll by plant name, that'd be great. Also,
2. Date search -- if you're searching for a plant whose name you can't remember, you'll probably remember the date you saw it. No way to search by date currently
3. is that for the 10 months I've had it, the Add Plant/Suggest Plant process leaves new additions in this Pending Approval status. I contacted their support in January reporting this. I understand if it took a 6 month turnaround, but going on 10 months, it’s officially ridiculous in my book. Original rating was 3 stars, now 2 stars
What gardener doesn’t love to speak of and show off their green babies?! GrowIt let’s you do that on a national scale. With its user friendly functionality, GrowIt will have you bragging on your beautiful roses and huge heirloom tomatoes in no time, with new friends across the US. You will also get the opportunity to see what other gardeners are growing in their part of the country. The helpful identification option and question section let’s you share your growing experience and learn from other gardeners who have been in your situation before.
Thanks GrowIt team for this great app!!
This app is getting worse, not better
I started using this app when it first came out, and some of the changes have been positive. The worst change has been the one where you can no longer scroll through and thumbs-up a plant you like without clicking on the plant and opening it first. I don’t bother rating plants any more because it’s so slow. I used to rate every plant because it was efficient and easy. This makes the entire app less social, I’d say, not more. Please change it back.
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: Sep 26, 2017
- Version: 4.9.3
- Size: 98.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Ball Horticultural Company
- © 2015 GrowIt!
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.