Inbox by Gmail
By Google, Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Your email inbox should help you live and work better, but instead it often buries the important stuff and creates more stress than it relieves. Inbox, built by the Gmail team, keeps things organized and helps you get back to what matters.
• HIGHLIGHTS - Get the most important information without even opening the message. Check-in for flights, see shipping information for purchases, and view photos from friends right up front.
• BUNDLES - Similar messages are bundled together so you can deal with them all at once. And get rid of them with one swipe.
• REMINDERS - More than mail, you can add Reminders so your inbox contains all the things you need to get back to.
• SNOOZE - Snooze emails and Reminders to come back when you are ready to deal with them: next week, when you get home, or whenever you choose.
• SEARCH - Inbox helps you find exactly what you’re looking for— from your upcoming flight to a friend's address— without having to dig through messages.
• WORKS WITH GMAIL - Inbox is built by the Gmail team, so all your messages from Gmail are here, along with the reliability and spam protection of Gmail. All of your messages are still in Gmail and always will be.
What's New in Version 1.3.171119
• Bug fixes and performance improvements
For the love of millions, please optimize for iPhone X
Since the launch of the iPhone X, Inbox by GMail has received multiple updates improving app performance and fixing various bugs. I really appreciate the attention given to refining the UX as much as possible for a buttery smooth interface and overall app dynamics. It's my go-to email app on my iPhone X, period. I have tried many email clients for iOS (and this includes the regular GMail app) but never felt like my experience was amplified by any of those. Inbox by GMail is perhaps the only email app that, since the first time I used it (on my iPhone 6 Plus when Google launched the app), floored me in terms of its UI (and UX); dwarfing any measly expectations I had from any email client out there and what the possibilities could indeed be.
However, it's been over a month since the iPhone X went live and even though there have been regular update releases week-over-week, it sadly feels as if my experience is handicapped now and every time I use the app, I'm left longing for how immersive Inbox by GMail could possibly be and how the UX could be that much richer.
I'm a huge fan of this app and I use it on several occasions during any given day. I enjoy using it so much that I would've given it a 5-star rating if I were using any other iPhone but I'm disappointed enough to only rate it 3 stars. I hope this issue gets the attention it needs because it truly does deserve it.
Google must not be aware...
Apple recently launched a new device called the iPhone X that sports a different screen resolution than older iPhone devices. However, it seems that no one at Google is aware of this new device, as the Google Inbox app has yet to be updated to support the new resolution. I have dozens of apps on my iPhone X and I'm pretty sure Google's Inbox app is the only one still rocking the black bars at the top and bottom. Even the Informed Delivery app from the USPS supports the iPhone X. Something is not right when the snail mail folks are doing a better job on the technology front (particularly on mobile) than Google. Most other apps updated prior to or on the day the iPhone X launched. Unfortunately, when a Google app sees this level of neglect it usually means the end of the road is near.
Overall, this app still works and provides useful automated organization to incoming messages. It might take a new user some time to get used to how mail is sorted but after a few days of use, it should help improve efficiency with handling a high volume inbox. One swipe to delete dozens promo emails is great.
SO CLOSE To Perfection
I’ve been using Inbox since it was first released a couple years back. I have a habit of trying out every single email, calendar, and reminder app available on the store, and I’m constantly switching between them all
Except Inbox. This is absolutely the best email client (for Gmail) that I’ve ever found. I also use Google’s Suite of apps like Calendar, Maps, Assistant, and others, and I have multiple Google Home devices in my house. Inbox works perfectly with all of them. My reminders sync across everything like a dream, and managing emails is not just a breeze- but actually enjoyable. While the UI is starting to feel outdated (accentuated by the fact that Inbox as if this review still does not support the iPhone X display), it’s still a minimal, effective design that is a pleasure to work with. I also need to manage multiple Gmail accounts, and Inbox makes this incredibly easy as well.
If you’ve been searching for an Gmail client for a while now but haven’t found one yet- stop...
This IS the app you are looking for.
But Google, please- iPhone X support and a UI/UX refresh (even just a small one) would seriously put this at 6 stars.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Dec 04, 2017
- Version: 1.3.171119
- Size: 210 MB
- Languages: English, Afrikaans, Arabic, Basque, Bengali, Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Malayalam, Marathi, Norwegian, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese, Zulu
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © 2017, Google Inc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.