By Bodelin, Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Developed by professional teleprompter manufacturer Bodelin Technologies, ProPrompter Studio is made exclusively for IOS 7 devices and is based on the original ProPrompter App but with an expanded feature set for reliable multiple iPads prompting for multiple cameras not found in other teleprompter apps. NEW v1.1 feature includes front facing video record while prompting, made specifically for use with ProPrompter Desktop® hardware
ProPrompter Studio features remote control for as many as three Apple iOS devices with a fourth IOS device as your remote control master. Other professional settings include a selection of fonts, font sizes, background colors, scroll speeds, mirroring, looping, landscape, portrait and automatic orientation modes, adjustable countdown, cue points for fast re-cueing, support for international language fonts, editing, direct script creation and a complete help menu. New v1.1 includes front facing video recording while prompting. This is made specifically for use with ProPrompter Desktop® hardware.
Scrolling is smooth and can be adjusted on-the-fly with scroll slider control. Readability is excellent even in bright sunlight. Perfect for podcasts, field reporting, corporate videos, commercials, steadicams, jib shots, music videos and live speeches.
Made in Oregon by Bodelin Technologies, the creators of the award winning and highly mobile ProPrompter teleprompters. Bodelin created ProPrompter Studio with the highest regard to quality and full featured prompting capabilities to serve the tens of thousands of professional customers who depend upon it.
Attach your iPad, iPhone or iPod touch to any camera with ProPrompter Hardware. Visit www.proprompter.com
- Remote Control up to three iOS devices running ProPrompter Studio from a fourth iOS device over Bluetooth, WiFi or peer to peer WiFi. NOTE: All devices must be running iOS 7 (or later) and ProPrompter Studio. Multiple remote control does not interoperate with the original ProPrompter app. Peer to peer WiFi requires an AirDrop capable device.
- Create or edit scripts in the text editor
- Upload/Download scripts via email copy/paste or use our script manager site for those with no email.
- Choose background color, font, font size, and font color
- ALL CAPS option for any font selection
- Landscape, Portrait and Automatic prompter orientation
- Multiple scroll speed presets
- On the fly scroll control and reverse with our on screen slider
- Cue points for fast re-cueing
- Adjustable countdown
- NEW v1.1 feature includes front facing video record while prompting and adjustable margins, made specifically for use with ProPrompter Desktop® hardware.
- Loop function for multiple takes
- Mirror function for use with the ProPrompter HDi or the ProMag
- Extensive help menu
What's New in Version 1.1.3
- All new configurable Cue Indicators. Change your preferred indicator style, color and opacity when prompting - or disable it entirely.
- Bug fix for scripts in remote control mode going out of sync when not displaying a cue indicator.
- Bug fix for camera orientation when running in forced Landscape or Portrait mode.
- Updated to better support iOS9 layout styles on large screen devices.
So good, then...
This app worked so well with the iPhone as a remote, it made us look like pros. Then the bluetooth stopped syncing and it was a disaster. The remote, from an iPhone to an iPad in my case, has a section feature that makes doing retakes a breeze. The problem is the section feature only works with the remote. The iPad alone only scrolls and pauses. Doing a retake on a section can only be done by starting from the beginning and painfully waiting for the section to scroll. All this app needs is to have the full remote functionality when not using a remote.
Time saver. Money saver.
Once we got past a couple Bluetooth bumps (connecting my iPad to my DP's), we blew through eight scripts in five hours, setting up for three different actors. Entering scripts via the ProPrompter Producer website and synching to iOS devices made on-site updates simple [the client was sitting right there making changes as we shot!!] One of the most useful app purchase I've ever made.
Don't buy this
I got this a few months back and tested it out to make sure it was a good choice once the time came to do my shoot. Everything worked well then. Today I spent 3 hours trying to get the remote feature to work with no luck. Probably has to do with a new update from apple. Don't buy this. It will give you nothing but wasted time, wasted money and a lot of frustration.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: May 25, 2016
- Version: 1.1.3
- Size: 4.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Bodelin, Inc.
- © 2016 Bodelin, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.