By Nuance Communications
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Why type when you can Swype? Swype is the most accurate keyboard on the planet. Whether you type or Swype we enable you to input words faster and easier. It learns the way you type so the more you use it, the smarter it gets.
“There is no faster, easier way to input text on an iPhone” -– CNET
“My favorite is Swype...It’s surprisingly powerful” – The New York Times
Note: Go to the Swype App on your Home screen to preview and purchase new themes.
• Incredibly intuitive language models that accurately predict what you type or Swype
• An Emoji Keyboard with hundreds of Emoji to choose from and Intelligent Emoji support
• Seamless regional dialect support and trending new words
• 5 Free themes and more to purchase
• Quickly enter symbols, punctuation and capital letters with Swype gestures
• Add or remove words from your personal dictionary
• Customizable keyboard layouts (QWERTY, QWERTZ, AZERTY)
• Use Swype on your iPad or iPhone
Arabic - العربية
Czech - Čeština
Danish - Dansk
Dutch - Nederlands
Farsi - فارسی
Finnish - Suomi
French - Français
French(CA) - Français(CA)
German - Deutsch
Greek - Ελληνικά
Hinglish - Hinglish
Hungarian - Magyar
Irish - Gaeilge
Italian - Italiano
Norwegian - Norsk
Polish - Polski
Portuguese - Português
Romanian - Română
Russian - Pyccĸий
Spanish - Español
Swedish - Svenska
Tagalog - Tagalog
Turkish - Tϋrkçe
Ukrainian - Українська
* For best results Swype is now for iOS 9 and above.
What's New in Version 1.6.2
Improved emoji support
Issue fix and stabilization
This is the best third party keyboard yet. The problems people are complaining about are iOS bugs not keyboard bugs. It happens with all third party keyboards. Swype is the best gesture keyboard I've used yet. It's perfect for one handed typing on my iPhone 6. I use it on my iPad well, but not as exclusively as I do on my phone. Yes, there are bugs (iOS bugs), but it's worth the pain. Hopefully Apple will get this fixed soon. Some apps like Netflix don't even allow third party keyboards at all. Even native iOS apps like this app review don't allow third party keyboards. This can be very frustrating. Still, this is not a Swype issue. Don't downrate the keyboard for something that the developer doesn't have any control over.
Almost a solid replacement
I came from using a windows phone and always preferred the keyboard on those compared to my iPhone. There are just a couple things that get me about this version of the keyboard on the iPhone.
I find myself pressing "b" often after words instead of the space bar, as well as hitting "." instead of space as well, which throws the word correction or suggestions through a loop. If this could be addressed, then it might be a game changer of a keyboard.
This app is mind-numbingly bad. It's a shame, because the input method is so much better than typing, but the algorithm used to match to words is horrendous, pulling obscure proper nouns all the time over common words. You'll find yourself screaming constantly. No dictionary editing capability either, so you're stuck with your type-o FOREVER if you accidentally add it to the dictionary (which is all top easy to do)! If this weren't enough, punctuation handing seems to be programmed by someone who has never written a sentence in any language in their entire life. Double-space after a question mark?. Clearly that means you want to add a period!. Oh, same for an exclamation mark. Idiots!!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: May 16, 2016
- Version: 1.6.2
- Size: 30.8 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Nuance Communications
- © 2008-2016 Nuance Communications, Inc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Earth Eclipse$0.99
- Enhanced Bundle$1.99
- Sand Ripple$0.99
- Sun Burst$0.99