Say more with GIF Keyboard by Tenor. Add tone to your conversation.
With Tenor’s GIF Keyboard for iPhone, iPad and iMessage discover or create the right GIF or video to visually sum up exactly what you’re trying to say, directly from your keyboard. Express the emotion, inside joke, or clever response you want to share.
iMessage App Features:
- Get the same great browse and search experience as GIF Keyboard, including access to your favorites and uploads.
- Press and hold on any GIF to create a sticker that you can drag and drop onto any text, image or GIF in iMessage.
- Create your own GIFs with your front or back camera and personalize them with text, a handwritten note or drawings. Share instantly or save to a Pack.
- Create packs of your favorite stickers and GIFs that you can easily share with friends and family.
Syncs with GIF Keyboard
- Everything syncs to your Tenor GIF Keyboard so you can take your stickers and GIFs everywhere GIFs are supported.
GIF Keyboard Features:
- Send the right GIF or video to express exactly what’s on your mind, directly from your keyboard!
- Search Tenor’s millions of GIFs and videos to find the one that perfectly fits the moment. You can also search by emoji to see the GIFs related to that emoji..
- Need inspiration? Browse by category like reactions, trending topics, and more.
- Once you find the right GIF or video, simply tap it to automatically copy it to your clipboard, tap the iMessage text box to paste it and watch as it plays inline in your conversation.
- See a GIF you like while browsing on your phone? Save it directly to your GIF Keyboard from Safari with the share button and our share extension. No need to save it to your camera roll because it’s instantly available from your GIF Keyboard!
- Keep the GIFs you love handy -- double tap a GIF to favorite it and customize your GIF Keyboard.
- Works with your favorite messengers and social networks including iMessage, Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp, Facebook and email. Just long-press on a GIF to pull up options to share the GIF, video, link, or save to camera roll.
Tenor’s GIF Keyboard needs “full access” in your iPhone settings. This gives the GIF Keyboard full access to the internet so we’re able to give you the GIF you are searching for and ensure that our library is always updated with the latest and greatest GIFs and videos.
Note: We do not log keystrokes or send them to our servers other than to search by key terms for the perfect GIF. If you have any other questions about full access please email us at email@example.com.
Tenor was formerly known as Riffsy.
We’ve made big improvements to our Camera Effects extension. We’re now providing more stickers than ever before — open up the camera in Messages and share stickers on your photos, videos, and in FaceTime!
We’ve also fixed a few visual bugs and crashes on newer iPhones.
Ratings and Reviews
Packs not working
Overall I like and use the app. It’s good to be able to find gifs from the keyboard instead of scrolling through photos, especially if you’re photos aren’t all downloaded like mine. But the gifs don’t save to the packs I created, or at least don’t load on the keyboard or the app. That’s a big part of the app, for me anyway. It stinks because I’ve spent a lot of time making at least fifteen packs. And when I search something on the keyboard and click “my gifs”, it doesn’t give all the ones I know I’ve saved in that pack, and just repeats the same ones before showing new gifs.
I thought I was the only one with this problem but I finally found others on the reviews. I can’t just delete the app and use my camera roll since, like I said, I offload a lot of my pics and they so t always load. I don’t have enough memory on my phone to do otherwise. So maybe I can find another gif app. By what people are saying though, I’m not sure if there’s any keyboards with as many features. Oh well.
Best GIF search function
I love GIF Keyboard. I’ve tried many similar apps but the search function on this one always seems to find what I’m looking for, even if I don’t have exactly the right words or phrases in mind. This is the most important part of a GIF app for me because I don’t want to waste time sorting through irrelevant GIFs (it’s bad enough I’m spending ANY time on this😆).
My only complaint is that many GIFs don’t send through the Google Voice app, which I use frequently. This tends to happen when I try to send multiple GIFs in a row. Some send, others don’t. It says “sending” and about a minute later “Failed to send. Tap to retry.” This is a relatively small thing and it probably has more to do with Google than GIF Keyboard. That being said, I thought it was worth pointing out and maybe someday the devs will find a workaround.
This is a great app that brings me lot of joy.
I just love using this hilarious app! So many of the little quotes or scenes from famous movies or TV shows etc. that we want to send somebody in a quick short gif this is perfect! The one problem I have is sometimes it’s not available when I click through all of my keyboard apps. It can be very very sporadic depending on my location.
*It’s also a little bit of a pain that you can’t cut and paste or highlight when you’re looking for something in the search bar etc. you have to completely backspace to the beginning if you make a mistake or want to start or change what you’re looking for.
*Also wish there was a “favorites” button or way to show the most recent gifs you’ve sent.
- Tenor, Inc.
- 76.1 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Danish, Dutch, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Hindi, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- © 2017 Tenor
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.