The Washington Post
By The Washington Post
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Designed for iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch and the new Apple TV, this app keeps you informed with award-winning national and international news coverage — along with striking photography and informative graphics that bring stories to life. Intuitive browsing and a streamlined design allow you to seamlessly navigate through stories and enjoy in-depth reading.
Special for new readers: Get your first month of The Washington Post App FREE!
▪ INTUITIVE NAVIGATION: Easily browse through and between sections.
▪ EASY VIEWING: Swipe or scroll through articles, then select and read full stories.
▪ STREAMLINED DESIGN: Enjoy an uncluttered, engaging reading experience that makes it easier to find—and read—the stories that matter to you.
▪ IN-DEPTH READING: Immerse yourself in stories where the focus is on storytelling—enhanced by bold photos and graphics.
▪ AWARD-WINNING COVERAGE: Stay informed with award-winning national reporting and expertly curated stories.
▪ FREQUENT UPDATES: Stay connected 24/7 with breaking news and other important updates throughout the day.
▪ 3D TOUCH SUPPORT: Get a sneak peek at top headlines, right from our icon using Quick Actions
▪ OPTIONS: Download the app for free and enjoy a limited number of free stories each month. Get unlimited access starting at just $9.99/month (first month FREE).
▪ EXTRAS: Your subscription to The Washington Post comes with complimentary web access, as well as access to The Washington Post App on all your smartphones and tablets.
▪ PAYMENT: Payment will be charged to your iTunes account with the confirmation of your purchase.
▪ AUTO-RENEWAL: Your subscription will auto-renew for $9.99 each month ($14.99 for premium subscriptions) unless you cancel 24 hours before the end of the current subscription period. The auto-renewal can be turned off at any time in the Account Settings section of the App Store. Please note, you will be unable to cancel your current subscription during an active subscription period.
▪ TERMS OF SERVICE: https://www.washingtonpost.com/terms-of-service/2011/11/18/gIQAldiYiN_story.html
What's New in Version 1.15.1
- Fixed duplicated URLs copied to clipboard via share sheet
- Fixed a bug when signing in with incorrect credentials
Staying on the last page read
I consider the Washington Post to be one of the outposts for fact-based news. The only problem with the app it returns to page 1 when closed. If I had the time to read the paper without interruption, it would be no problem.
Unfortunately, life intrudes. It would be nice to have the app stay on the page I am on and not have to find it again when I return to the app.
The release notes say they've fixed the double copying or URLs. They haven't.
Don't sign up for "Breaking news notifications" unless you also want notifications for two day old editorial stories too. I guess they don't know what "breaking news" is?
The app regularly insists on opening the most recent article in the feed, irrespective of the fact that you've selected a different one. Yes, this means that this app frequently fails at the one thing it's meant to let you do -- read the news.
Breaking news alerts aren't
App is ... okay. Would much rather read the NYTimes app. Plus the "breaking news alerts" aren't breaking news at all. A story about someone who's been in the US for 11 years and gets deported. What could cause nuclear war with North Korea. That's not breaking news. That's more like an attempt at relevance, or trying to have at least two breaking news alerts a day. That's getting shut off.
- Category: News
- Updated: Nov 22, 2017
- Version: 1.15.1
- Size: 88.3 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Spanish
- Seller: The Washington Post Company
- © Washington Post, 2015-2016
Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Apple TV: Yes
Top In-App Purchases
- Apple News (monthly)$5.99
- Basic Digital$9.99
- The Washington Post$5.99
- Apple News WP (monthly)$5.99
- Apple News WaPo (monthly)$9.99
- Premium Digital$14.99