View up-to-date locations and time predictions for the buses of over 60 NextBus® agencies.
- Live updating map that displays all buses for a given route
- Push notifications for route closures and other important messages
- Add bus stops to your favorites
- View stops nearby to your current location
- Search for campus buildings (* Only available to select universities)
- Ability to toggle routes on/off
- Easily set reminder notifications so you don't forget to catch your bus
- Apple Watch support for viewing stops times from your wrist
- 2 Notification Center Widgets for easy access to time predictions for nearby stops as well as your favorite stops
- Optimized for iOS 12, iPhone X, iPad, and Apple Watch
- San Francisco Muni
- Los Angeles Metro
- AC Transit
- Toronto Transit Commission
- Jacksonville Transportation Authority
- Trinity Metro (Fort Worth)
- Foothill Transit
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Rutgers University
- University of Maryland
- University of California Berkeley
- Cape Cod Regional Transit Authority
...And many more!
NextBus is a registered trademark of Cubic Transportation Systems, Inc. This app is not affiliated with NextBus and is not the official NextBus app.
- Added Toggle Routes shortcut to map - enable or disable routes directly from the map view!
- Fixed issue where route lines occasionally wouldn't show up when selecting stop in Favorites tab
- Fixed Apple Watch launch issue
New in v4.0:
Now with Push Notifications! Get real-time updates regarding delays, closures, and other important messages.
Ratings and Reviews
Can’t find agency list!
Had high hopes for a clean and simple NextBus app...but this app simply hangs (for me) when it first comes up saying “Error loading agency list...” There is nowhere else to go at that point so for me the app is useless. Suspect something in the NextBus api changed. Here’s hoping the Developer fixes this soon. Will be happy to rate again when it works!
UPDATE: Agency list now loads, thanks. I think the core ideas of this app are what I am looking for, but there are a few issues or me. At first it was not clear why I only saw a limited number of routes in the tab bar across the top and could only browse a subset of the routes.. (figured that out by going into the setting). Then with my routes preselected I was still having issues selecting a route/tab (but granted, I have been seeing other apps have somewhat similar issues on iPad after iOS 11.) But probably most disconcerting (and something that could be easily fixed) is the stop-favorites prediction times do not show which bus is coming at what time... just the prediction times (some of my stops have multiple routes I ride).
Developer Response ,
Really sorry to hear you're having issues loading the agency list. I looked into it and you're right, NextBus made a change in their API that broke my server but I just pushed a fix that should resolve the issue. Please let me know if you run into any other problems and I hope Bus.ly will exceed your expectations as a clean as simple NextBus app :)
This app will remove my selected routes and replace with undesired routes at various times.
Developer Response ,
Hi ***rider, sorry to hear you're having trouble with the app. This issue usually shows up when an agency changes their routes and new ones get loaded. It should only happen rarely but if you're experiencing this often, would you mind using the in-app Support button on the Settings page and let me know what agency you're using so I can investigate this further? -Alex
Wrong place in my agency - Rutgers Uni takes me to Rutgers Newark
The main campus of the Rutgers system is New Brunswick. The agency list lists both Rutgers University and Rutgers Newark, but they both take me to Newark bus routes
Developer Response ,
Hi chatblanc7, you should be able to enable the New Brunswick routes by tapping the settings icon in the top right of the app and pressing the Toggle Routes button. While the Newark ones are selected by default (since they're ordered first), you should see the New Brunswick ones listed there as well. Note: make sure you've selected the "Rutgers University" agency, not "Rugters Univ. Newark College Town Shuttle". Hope this solves your issue and be sure to let me know if you run into any other problems.
- Alex Perez
- 10 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2019 Alex Perez
- In-App Purchases
- Remove Ads $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.