View up-to-date locations and time predictions for the buses of over 60 NextBus® agencies.
- Live updating map that displays all buses for a given route
- Add bus stops to your favorites
- View stops nearby to your current location
- Search for campus buildings (* Only available to select universities)
- Ability to toggle routes on/off
- Easily set reminder notifications so you don't forget to catch your bus
- Apple Watch support for viewing stops times from your wrist
- 2 Notification Center Widgets for easy access to time predictions for nearby stops as well as your favorite stops
- Optimized for iOS 10, iPhone 7/7+, iPad, and Apple Watch
- San Francisco Muni
- Los Angeles Metro
- AC Transit
- Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority
- NYC Metro Transportation Authority
- Toronto Transit Commission
- Jacksonville Transportation Authority
- Foothill Transit
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Georgia Institute of Technology
- Rutgers University
- George Mason University
- Temple University
- UC San Francisco
- University of Maryland
- University of Minnesota
...And many more!
NOTE: Nextbus is a registered trademark of Cubic Transportation Systems, Inc. This app is not affiliated with NextBus and is not the official NextBus app.
Support for iPhone X and iOS 11
Ratings and Reviews
Can’t find agency list!
Had high hopes for a clean and simple NextBus app...but this app simply hangs (for me) when it first comes up saying “Error loading agency list...” There is nowhere else to go at that point so for me the app is useless. Suspect something in the NextBus api changed. Here’s hoping the Developer fixes this soon. Will be happy to rate again when it works!
UPDATE: Agency list now loads, thanks. I think the core ideas of this app are what I am looking for, but there are a few issues or me. At first it was not clear why I only saw a limited number of routes in the tab bar across the top and could only browse a subset of the routes.. (figured that out by going into the setting). Then with my routes preselected I was still having issues selecting a route/tab (but granted, I have been seeing other apps have somewhat similar issues on iPad after iOS 11.) But probably most disconcerting (and something that could be easily fixed) is the stop-favorites prediction times do not show which bus is coming at what time... just the prediction times (some of my stops have multiple routes I ride).
Developer Response ,
Really sorry to hear you're having issues loading the agency list. I looked into it and you're right, NextBus made a change in their API that broke my server but I just pushed a fix that should resolve the issue. Please let me know if you run into any other problems and I hope Bus.ly will exceed your expectations as a clean as simple NextBus app :)
Wrong place in my agency - Rutgers Uni takes me to Rutgers Newark
The main campus of the Rutgers system is New Brunswick. The agency list lists both Rutgers University and Rutgers Newark, but they both take me to Newark bus routes
5 stars because it's hands down the most simple and beautiful app to use for NextBus-affiliated transit systems. Wish there was a way to overlay multiple routes on the same map, and I wish you could toggle route a bit more simpler (and not just have to choose from 6 that you pre select on the top of the screen, because I personally use different sets of routes depending on time of day), but overall a VERY impressive app, and it's even better than the native NextBus app currently. Great work.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.