Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Above the placid ivory snow lies a sleepy mountain village, brimming with the promise of adventure.
"A piece of interactive art"
"Best of 2015" and "15 Most Beautiful Games"
"Favorite Apps of 2015"
– The New York Times
"One of the best mobile games"
– The Verge
"Alto's Adventure demands your attention"
"2015 Game of the Year"
– Product Hunt
"Best 2D Visual Experience"
– 2015 Unity Awards Finalist
"One of the best-looking games on the App Store"
“The visuals really are incredible”
– Red Bull
"Best Looking Video Games of 2015"
"Wonderfully tranquil and beautiful"
"Best iPhone apps of 2015"
"I couldn't let Alto's Adventure slide by me"
"Alto’s Adventure for iOS may be the most beautiful endless runner you’ve ever played"
– The Next Web
"Pristine and refined"
– LA Times
"An engaging, relaxing, and beautiful experience."
"Satisfies the soul"
"Alto's Adventure is the endless runner matured"
"Alto’s Adventure is remarkably soothing"
– The New York Observer
"Favorite game of the year"
"A joyous experience"
"One of my favorite games"
"Alto is lovely"
"It’s seriously stunning"
"Alto's Adventure is a brilliant mobile game"
"A beautiful visual experience"
"An elegant ride down nature's greatest landmarks"
– Kill Screen
"A compelling game to play"
– The Washington Post
"Every inch of this game is visually impressive and delightfully charming"
– Business Insider
Join Alto and his friends as they embark on an endless snowboarding odyssey. Journey across the beautiful alpine hills of their native wilderness, through neighbouring villages, ancient woodlands, and long-abandoned ruins.
Along the way you'll rescue runaway llamas, grind rooftops, leap over terrifying chasms and outwit the mountain elders – all while braving the ever changing elements and passage of time upon the mountain.
• Fluid, graceful and exhilarating physics-based gameplay
• Procedurally generated terrain based on real-world snowboarding
• Fully dynamic lighting and weather effects, including thunderstorms, blizzards, fog, rainbows, shooting stars, and more
• Easy to learn, difficult to master one button trick system
• Chain together combos to maximize points and speed
• Test your skills with 180 handcrafted goals
• Discover six unique snowboarders, each with their own special attributes and abilities
• Challenge your friends with Game Center. Compete for best high score, best distance, and best trick combo!
• Acquire the wingsuit from Izel’s workshop for an entirely new gameplay dynamic
• Beautifully minimalist and evocative visual design
• Original music and handcrafted audio for an ambient and immersive experience (headphones recommended!)
• Universal app with iCloud support. Play on your iPhone and iPad and your progress will always be in sync.
Alto’s Adventure is a premium game with no ads or in-app purchases.
What's New in Version 1.3
Alto’s llamas are sound asleep and the great alpine expanse is calling. Join the gang as they pick up their boards and head out into the tranquil wilderness.
Relax and unwind with an all-new way to experience Alto’s Adventure. No score, no game over, no distractions. Just you and the endless mountain. Put on a pair of your favourite headphones and immerse yourself in a soothing new soundtrack, composed especially for Zen Mode. Swipe from the right edge of the Title Screen to begin!
Photo Mode puts you behind the camera to capture stunning photos from your own personal adventures! Frame the perfect shot and easily share it to Facebook, Twitter, and more – or save it to your device for later (and for sharing on Instagram)! Enable Photo Mode from the pause menu at any time.
Alto’s Adventure is now available in 3 new languages:
• Added an option to reset gameplay progress from the Settings menu
• Fixed a bug that caused the game to freeze when selecting to use helmets and chasm rescues
• Improved sharing options across a wider range of apps
• Improved UI scaling across various screen DPIs
• Minor UI, localization and audio tweaks
Zen Mode is Amazing.
This is literally the most relaxing and peaceful/happy game I have ever played. Zen mode is very calming and can relieve stress very easily and the regular gameplay works just as well. The controls are well thought out, the sound effects are fantastic, and the fact that your catching llamas makes it even better! What I really like is how essentially once you start the game your already fully upgraded. Yes you can buy some stuff from the shop to help you but there only 1 time use helpers. Theres no upgrade for permanent faster backflip or anything like that so right when you start the game your already enjoying the full potential of it. This is great because you dont feel like you need to play a ton and earn points to get something drastic that your missing from the experience. I haven't written a review for an app in years but this one deserves it completely. Use headphones for best experience! Get this.
Llama peace, snow peace.
I initially downloaded Alto while hunting for games and apps geared towards managing anxiety and mental illness. This game helped me tremendously in situations where all that was left for me to do was self-distract. Beautiful, cute and fun to play, the game has only improved with the recent addition of "zen mode" (enemies, points, and failures are removed from gameplay). Not only is "zen mode" an escape from an anxiety disorder, it proved to be a useful laboratory for improving my regular game play. Flips, jumps and flying may all be experimented with, without the fear of losing. So when I return to regular mode, I'm more skillful.
My only complaint with this new feature, is the use of the word zen- Zen/Chan is a religion, and to remove the word out of context to describe a video game is cultural appropriation. "Zen" is often appropriated in the design world- from a "zen" interior design, to a "zen" spa experience, to fonts, to candles. Perhaps what the designers really intended, was "Peace Mode".
Probably my favorite iOS game
I'm generally one to avoid endless runners, but this one caught my attention and I have not been disappointed. The graphics are beautiful, the controls are intuitive, and the overall experience is charming. Currently, the only issues are a pair of bugs that popped up in the last update: on occasion, smashing through rocks/campfires causes the screen to momentarily glitch into indistinguishable pixels, and sometimes it can be difficult to resume the game from the pause menu.
Also, to address the comments about the challenges being too challenging: that's kinda the point. There are one or two later in the game that could be dialed back a notch, but the earlier ones (even the two triple backflips) really aren't bad at all.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Jun 02, 2016
- Version: 1.3
- Size: 74.3 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Welsh
- Seller: Snowman
- © 2015 Built By Snowman, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Apple TV: Yes