Microsoft Outlook - email and calendar
By Microsoft Corporation
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
“The best email app for the iPhone.” - The Verge
Meet Outlook for iOS, the app that helps millions of users connect all their email accounts, calendars and files in one convenient spot. Newly redesigned, Outlook for iOS lets you do more from one powerful inbox.
See what matters most first with the Focused inbox that keeps the important messages on top. Switch between your emails and calendar to schedule your next meeting or share your availability with just a few taps. Or grab a document from your Files list and attach it to an email seamlessly.
With everything you need only a tap away, managing your busy days is now easier than ever.
Outlook for iOS works with Microsoft Exchange, Office 365, Outlook.com (including Hotmail and MSN), Gmail, Yahoo Mail, and iCloud.
Here’s what you’ll love about Outlook for iOS:
Seamless inbox management
- A “Focused” inbox that displays your most important messages first. The more you use it, the smarter it gets.
- Swipe gestures to quickly schedule, delete and archive messages.
- Smart filters to help you sort through your inbox.
Easy access to calendar and files
- Share your meeting availability with just a tap and easily find times to meet with others.
- View and attach any file from your email, OneDrive, Dropbox, and more, without having to download them to your phone.
Work on the go
- Open Word, Excel, or other Office document attachments to edit them directly in the corresponding app and attach them back to an email.
- Set your Out of Office messages directly from your iPhone or iPad.
- Multitask seamlessly on iPad with full Split View support in iOS 9.
Try other great Microsoft apps for iOS: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, OneDrive, Skype, and Wunderlist.
What's New in Version 2.5.6
We know how hard it can be to stay on top of your inbox, write efficient emails and get things done. That’s why we’re thrilled to introduce Mentions.
When composing an email, you can now easily mention people to get their attention: tap the @ sign and start typing their name. When you select it, their email address will also automatically be added to the recipient list (if it isn’t there already).
Questions or comments? We want to hear from you. Head to your Settings > Help & Feedback to leave us a message.
Intrusive Login Popup Menus
Wrote tech support on a number of occasions. A popup login menu appears whenever a server is non-responsive when verifying login credentials. Only option to access other emails is to delete the account and add it back when you think the email server is back up. Deleting an existing account just to access emails from other accounts only to re-add the account for the non-responsive server later is not an option and a huge inconvenience. Support states that issue was to be resolved in an app update but countless updates have been released without resolution. I recommend Spark as I have not run into this issue since using even on the accounts where Outlook Mobile states login failed. There's a huge learning curve with Spark but well worth the install. Spark has some cool features and some not so cool features that can easily be turned off.
In my previous review, I blasted this app for constantly crashing, losing my draft emails, and locking up my iPad. I stopped using it for a while, but since giving it another try recently it does seem to be more stable and reliable.
While the issues noted above haven't happened since coming back, the latest update wiped out the custom signatures I'd set up for my email accounts (going back to a spammy "Get Outlook for iOS" signature). This once again makes me nervous about whether or not this app will reliably safeguard my data, and what other settings it's casually un-setting on me during these updates. I guess we'll find out!
Best E-mail App
10/24 Update: Seems it takes a little longer for a message to delete when swiping. Used to be so quick and smooth, now or hangs for a little less than a second. Dropped a star for that. Still the best client out there.
Feature rich, Fantastic and free. Can't beat that. I have used many (most?) e-mail apps for iOS and Outlook is above and beyond them all. Interestingly enough, MS has put out much better versions of their apps for iOS than they have for their own Windows Phone OS. Syncs perfectly with my work 365 account.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Oct 24, 2016
- Version: 2.5.6
- Size: 154 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Afrikaans, Albanian, Arabic, Azerbaijani, Basque, Bengali, Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Malayalam, Marathi, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese, Zulu
- Seller: Microsoft Corporation
- © 2015 Microsoft Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.