Microsoft Outlook - email and calendar
By Microsoft Corporation
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
“The best email app for the iPhone.” - The Verge
Meet Outlook for iOS, the app that helps millions of users connect all their email accounts, calendars and files in one convenient spot. Newly redesigned, Outlook for iOS lets you do more from one powerful inbox.
See what matters most first with the Focused inbox that keeps the important messages on top. Switch between your emails and calendar to schedule your next meeting or share your availability with just a few taps. Or grab a document from your Files list and attach it to an email seamlessly.
With everything you need only a tap away, managing your busy days is now easier than ever.
Outlook for iOS works with Microsoft Exchange, Office 365, Outlook.com (including Hotmail and MSN), Gmail, Yahoo Mail, and iCloud.
Here’s what you’ll love about Outlook for iOS:
Seamless inbox management
- A “Focused” inbox that displays your most important messages first. The more you use it, the smarter it gets.
- Swipe gestures to quickly schedule, delete and archive messages.
- Smart filters to help you sort through your inbox.
Easy access to calendar and files
- Share your meeting availability with just a tap and easily find times to meet with others.
- View and attach any file from your email, OneDrive, Dropbox, and more, without having to download them to your phone.
Work on the go
- Open Word, Excel, or other Office document attachments to edit them directly in the corresponding app and attach them back to an email.
- Set your Out of Office messages directly from your iPhone or iPad.
- Multitask seamlessly on iPad with full Split View support in iOS 9.
Try other great Microsoft apps for iOS: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, OneDrive, Skype, and Wunderlist.
What's New in Version 2.4.7
We're aware of login issues for users on the iOS 10 BETA and are working on it. Hang tight!
This week is all about our inner beauty. And by that, we mean bug fixes and app improvements.
Don't worry though, we’re still hard at work to bring you new features.
Questions or comments? Let us know through our in-app support.
Please remove the quick filters button!!!
Why 2/5? I'm holding three stars hostage until they provide the option to remove the "quick filters" button that wastes a ton of screen real estate. This has been on their bug tracker forever and has yet to be addressed. Every week or two there has been an app update that I excitedly hope gets rid of that waste of space, yet here we are again, another update, same dumb button.
Ignore the fact that this is called Outlook, because this app is nothing like the PC version of outlook (i.e. stuffy and outdated). I've been a gmail user since the invite-only days, and I've tried all the mail apps on iOS. I expected I would try Outlook for a day or two before reverting to the Gmail app, just like with every other email app I tried before. Over a year later I'm still using Outlook and for most part loving it.
Add the ability to make a TV program an event!
I have this app because it was recommended by Sunrise when they announced they were shutting it down. I loved (LOVED) Sunrise and I am really going to miss one feature in particular: the option to make your favorite television program an event. It was a great way to remind yourself that a certain episode of your show is on soon. As Sunrise will be deleted off my iPhone in two days, I would love to see Outlook add this feature! Also, public and religious holidays would be a great add too. If everything that made Sunrise great was added to Outlook, it would be even greater than Sunrise was (perhaps better considering the added perk of checking your e-mail!).
App is Better, But Still Needs Improvement
Reduced to two stars. They've not fixed the security issues, and have ceased making regular noticeable upgrades. Typical for MS. The following is from an earlier review. My final comments below no longer apply.
I use Outlook on my computer to manage my work email, but the security of the mobile app is not good enough for my company to permit its use. I'm hoping to see that improvement soon. For now, it only manages my personal email accounts.
Considering the app in its state when originally issued, it is much better. Also a plus, Microsoft makes frequent improvements. Not all are useful to me, but many are, and I'm glad to see the level of effort MS has put into the app.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Aug 24, 2016
- Version: 2.4.7
- Size: 80.1 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Afrikaans, Albanian, Arabic, Azerbaijani, Basque, Bengali, Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Malayalam, Marathi, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese, Zulu
- Seller: Microsoft Corporation
- © 2015 Microsoft Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.