Microsoft Outlook - email and calendar
By Microsoft Corporation
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
“The best email app for the iPhone.” - The Verge
Meet Outlook for iOS, the app that helps millions of users connect all their email accounts, calendars and files in one convenient spot. Newly redesigned, Outlook for iOS lets you do more from one powerful inbox.
See what matters most first with the Focused inbox that keeps the important messages on top. Switch between your emails and calendar to schedule your next meeting or share your availability with just a few taps. Or grab a document from your Files list and attach it to an email seamlessly.
With everything you need only a tap away, managing your busy days is now easier than ever.
Outlook for iOS works with Microsoft Exchange, Office 365, Outlook.com (including Hotmail and MSN), Gmail, Yahoo Mail, and iCloud.
Here’s what you’ll love about Outlook for iOS:
Seamless inbox management
- A “Focused” inbox that displays your most important messages first. The more you use it, the smarter it gets.
- Swipe gestures to quickly schedule, delete and archive messages.
- Smart filters to help you sort through your inbox.
Easy access to calendar and files
- Share your meeting availability with just a tap and easily find times to meet with others.
- View and attach any file from your email, OneDrive, Dropbox, and more, without having to download them to your phone.
Work on the go
- Open Word, Excel, or other Office document attachments to edit them directly in the corresponding app and attach them back to an email.
- Set your Out of Office messages directly from your iPhone or iPad.
- Multitask seamlessly on iPad with full Split View support in iOS 9.
Try other great Microsoft apps for iOS: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, OneDrive, Skype, and Wunderlist.
What's New in Version 2.22.0
All of our weekly updates include performance improvements and bug fixes to make Outlook better for you.
Feel free to send us any comments or questions through our in-app support in Settings – we'd love to hear from you.
Great app, but unreliable
I love the user interface. I desperately pursue inbox zero, and the scheduling feature was the most important tool for making this happen. Everything as clean, the search was quick, and the in-app support surprisingly responsive. Real people helping with my issues.
However, there is a real deal breaker. The app would often get flaky in connecting to my Gmail account. I would have to use the reset account feature to see if any new mail had come in.
Then it got to be that even that didn't work. I'd archive some messages, then later reset the account to check for mail, and those archived messages would be back. I'd log in to Gmail on the web and see the messages weren't being archived at all.
The support was very responsive and would check back with me daily. But their script was pretty short, and as a techie, it was everything I'd already tried. In the end they'd just say "we're aware of issues with this".
I use Airmail on Mac, and I'm trying out their iOS app. So far it does much of what Outlook does, plus it works reliably.
I really liked Outlook, but two stars because it doesn't matter how beautiful and replete an app is, it must nearly flawlessly handle the foundational processes. But not one star because they're making a really solid effort.
Broken! Don't use!
Exchange using Apple's apps is pretty bad. Using Outlook is just as bad if not worse. You really only gain two features and they aren't that great, focused inbox and scheduling an email. And you lose widgets which is huge as you need to open the app & select calendar. There's also no Lync integration, if anything, it hides Lync info, like conference ID. And why doesn't Outlook differentiate declining a meeting instance versus a series. Why won't it let you cancel a meeting? It offers linking with OneDrive but not OneDrive for Business which is both different and confusing. You also cannot edit meetings nor can you even forward them!
Update: last 2 versions are broken. When I start up the app, it always treats me as a first time user and redownloads my entire email history and everything else. Avoid the latest builds! Bug submitted but still haven't heard back.
A good mail app AND GREAT Support!
I've been using Outlook for iOS for awhile now with NO problems and recently it started crashing. I did some troubleshooting on my own but was unsuccessful in fixing the app from crashing. So reluctantly I tried the in-app support link and low and behold I GOT A RESPONSE WITHIN THE HOUR!
After 2-3 days of back and forth troubleshooting with the support team, Microsoft came out with a new update that has so far fixed the problem!
Now, I'm sure Microsoft didn't create an update just for me, but it sure fixed the problem!
Thanks! Back to work with the best mail app I've used!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Apr 25, 2017
- Version: 2.22.0
- Size: 183 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Afrikaans, Albanian, Arabic, Azerbaijani, Basque, Bengali, Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Malayalam, Marathi, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese, Zulu
- Seller: Microsoft Corporation
- © 2015 Microsoft Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.