Uberchord takes guitar learning to the next level. Chords, Rhythm, Songs - all with a real instrument in your hand. Uberchord listens and adapts to you while teaching you how to play.
Ever wanted to really play guitar instead of pushing buttons? Now you can.
"I have just one complaint: This is so mind blowingly addictive, I have BLISTERS ON MY FINGERS!!”
"I have been playing for 30 years and teach part time, I can say anyone looking to learn to play and only apply yourself with this app it will work and make a great player - anybody can do it!"
"This app is such a great practice tool. I really practice longer and push myself harder. Helps me to figure out correct hand placement. I love this app!!”
• Patent pending technology: Uberchord listens to what you play in real-time
• Interactive and adaptive: practice with instant feedback at your own pace
• Finger Correction: get visual feedback on your fingering
NEW! SONG CATALOG WITH 150 GREAT TITLES (with Premium Plan)
• One Republic - Counting Stars (free)
• House Of The Risin’ Sun (free)
• Ed Sheeran - Runaway
• Coldplay - Yellow
• Louis Fonsi - Despacito
• Bruce Springsteen - Born in the USA
• Passanger - Let Her Go
• 3 Doors Down - Be Like That
• ... new Songs every week!
• Handcrafted courses with popular songs
• Teaches you all the necessary techniques and prepares you for playing songs
• Earn picks to unlock the next level
• Learn to play popular songs step-by-step
• Start with chord progressions, then move on to strumming and lyrics
• Learn the parts of each song separately until you are ready for the full song
• Get into the groove with professionally produced MIDI backing tracks
RHYTHM AND STRUMMING TRAINER
• Completely new approach to rhythm training
• Learn complex strumming patterns, slowly step-by-step
• Improve timing and rhythm by getting visual real-time feedback
GREAT PREMIUM CONTENT
We offer a premium subscription. The “Essential Plan” is $14.99 per month or $89.99 per year and includes
• Unlimited access to all of our learning content
• A song catalog with courses for over 100 popular songs
• One week free trial
These prices are for US. Pricing in other countries may vary.
Your Uberchord Premium subscription will begin at the end of the trial period and automatically renew at the end of each term and your credit card will be charged through your iTunes account. You can turn off auto-renew at any time from your iTunes account settings but refunds will not be provided for the unused portion of the term.
TRAINER: DAILY WORKOUT
• Personalized chord workout based on your weaknesses (auto-composed exercises)
• Track your daily practice time and achieved experience points
• Set your personal goals and get daily reminders to achieve them
EDITOR: WRITE CHORD PROGRESSIONS
• Song Editor: Create your own exercises with chords as easy as drag and drop
• Chord Dictation: Record chords by playing them on your guitar one at a time
• Share your creations with your friends or students
• Chord Recognizer: Identify any chord you play and get its name, tones and tensions
HIGH PRECISION TUNER
• Professional tuner: extremely precise, fast and stable
• Keep your guitar in tune for best training experience
• 19 tunings available for free
WORKS WITH ANY STANDARD GUITAR
• Uberchord works with acoustic and electric guitars.
• For electric guitars you need an amplifier or a cable connection (for example iRig, Apogee, Line6)
REQUIRES AN iOS DEVICE RUNNING iOS 8 OR NEWER
NEED HELP OR HAVE QUESTIONS?
LEARN MORE ABOUT UBERCHORD
Terms of Service: www.uberchord.com/terms-of-use
• Uberchord is now also available for iPad! Try it out. Your progress will be synchronized.
• New Hardware Partners: Uberchord now works with the Zivix Jamstik and the Fret Zealot LED Add-On
Ratings and Reviews
If learning guitar was like learning a language, Uberchord would be the cheerful tutor who patiently guides you through the fundamentals. This slick and innovative guitar-teaching app doesn't just help you master chords by listening to you play; it strings exercises together in a way that bolsters confidence and makes practice fun. Visual feedback lets you adjust your fingering on the fly, and the built-in guitar tuner ensures you never hit a sour note.
It’s great! Can use some added features (maybe I’m just dumb, though.)
So I very much enjoy the app, I have been using it for only two days, but it keeps me motivated and pushes me to keep trying to learn something despite tender fingertips. I plan on purchasing a subscription for the app, but I wish it had two added features.
1. A legend somewhere in the app where you can acess the meanings of different symbols, I know the downstroke “U” sorta thing, but there’s a “V” symbol that I don’t know. I am sure that there’s various other symbols I will encounter and not understand. Keep in mind I am a new guitar player.
2. A sort of icon that you could press that goes over the instructions of the selected lesson. Other types of programs (not guitar related) have a sort of “i” up in the top corner or so, often ecliped in a circle. Having the aid of a refreshed instructions guide would be immensely helpful. There’s a certain lesson where I don’t know if I should keep strumming or not, and if I had that I would understand, or if I simply had better brain cells...
Thank you, if you all read this and find any helpfulness from my review. I am sure to find some more great things about this app.
Like having a real-world teacher. A terrible real-world teacher.
Put simply: this is one of the most aggravating, annoying apps I’ve ever used. It doesn’t really you what you did wrong, and it wastes your time. Instead of taking the time to fix your mistakes during many of the “progress-bar” based lessons, it just takes progress away and screws you over, as a post to taking the time to help you play the freaking chord. It feels as though they were giving out they’re app for free, so they saved their own time, by having these problems. But you know what? It’s one of the only free guitar teaching apps that’s even the slightest bit good, so, many people come crawling back to this, and guess what! I probably will too, and get ticked off all over again. Pay for Yousician or something, unless you like this then good for you! You probably knew guitar previous, unlike Me, who thought this highly regarded app could teach how to play with causing so much annoyance. Try it, if you feel so inclined, but I don’t recommend it.
- Uberchord Engineering GmbH
- 224 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Chinese, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Uberchord Engineering GmbH
- In-App Purchases
- Essentials $14.99
- Essentials $89.99
- Essentials $29.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.