Be Focused Pro - Focus timer & Goal Tracker
By Denys Yevenko
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Staying on task seems is a real challenge for our screen-bound generation. The Be Focused lets you get things done by breaking up individual tasks among discrete intervals, separated by short breaks. It’s a surprisingly effective way to retain motivation and focus. Create tasks, configure breaks and track your progress throughout the day, week or custom period. Use either your iPhone, iPad or Mac – your devices always stay in sync.
- Manage your tasks
- Track your progress throughout the day, week or custom period
- Fast and easy goal tracking
- Customize to maximize productivity:
• Work interval duration
• Short break duration
• Long break duration
• Number of work intervals between long breaks
• Target number of work intervals per day
- Possibility to start/pause/skip the current interval
- Auto-start the next timer (option)
- Ability to edit the number of intervals
- Ability to paste a task list from other applications
- Export to a CSV file
- 3D Touch
- Original ticking sound (optional)
- Custom alarm sound or vibration
- Alarms sound even if the app is in the background
- Interactive notifications
- Widget in the Notification Center
- Full synchronization between iPad, iPhone, Apple Watch and Mac*
- One universal app for iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch
- Mac version is also available
- Supports Apple Watch
* Sync with Mac requires Be Focused Pro for OS X, sold separately.
What's New in Version 1.6
• Updated application icon
• Minor fixes and improvements
This is the best pomodoro-style task timer I have found. I really like being able to connect my phone and MacBook. It lets me get up during a break working on the computer, and take my reminder alarm along with me, or sometimes I don't wNt my computer neSr me at all. Some things I'd like to see fixed: sometimes the phone and computer get unhitched from each other, and I have to log out of the app and back in on the phone to get them synced again. Also I'd like if I could have different settings on the phone and the computer. For example, I would prefer to having the ticking sound on one or the other but not both. But those are details that don't stop the app from being very helpful. I stay on task better, and get more done, when I use it.
Awesome productivity app!
I love this app. It allows you to select daily pomodoro targets, keep track of different task categories, and even customize the length of breaks. Awesome!
The only feature I wish this app had was the ability to adjust the number of pomodoro units depending on the task. For example, my pomodoro daily target for test prep might be 7, but my daily target for meditation is only 1 to 2. Currently, there doesn't seem to be a way to assign different pomodoro targets to different tasks, and pomodoro units completed in one task category will appear in all categories.
But, these points don't diminish this app's value to me at all. The pomodoro method is amazing, and this app has made it so easy to get a lot more done. Thank you, BeFocused!
I am finding using the Pomodoro Technique extremely useful. I have trouble with focusing, particularly with unpleasant tasks, and this is making a difference. However, the BeFocused Pro app lacks a lot. One, you can only have one set of parameters for all tasks; so one set date, end date, and number of intervals. I even emailed customer service and they confirmed this. Two, parameters unsaved frequently. You set a beginning and end date, then next time you open the app it has altered. Third, it's very unresponsive. You try to delete or alter something input with no reaction. Very irritating. Great concept but too many kinks. Just use a kitchen timer or your iPhone.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Nov 18, 2016
- Version: 1.6
- Size: 45.4 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: Denys Yevenko
- © 2017 Xwavesoft
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.