The Gateway to the West Heritage Tours app, created by Mountain Maryland Gateway to the West Heritage Area, features tours in beautiful Garrett County Maryland on Transportation, The Road West, Cultural Uniqueness, Making a Living, Historic Recreation, Barn Quilts, and Fall Foliage.
The Heritage Area boasts of its outstanding natural resources as well its cultural uniqueness, and transportation history. As the gateway to the opening and development of America’s western frontier in the late 18th and 19th centuries, Garrett County includes Braddock’s Road and the Historic National Road. These roads spurred the building of traveler related businesses including blacksmith shops, taverns and inns. Come discover our history, explore, learn and enjoy unspoiled beauty along our scenic byways, parks and trails. We invite you to take one of our tours, walk through our historic downtowns or experience one of the many festivals or cultural events we have to offer.
Gateway to the West Heritage Tours has been funded by the Maryland Heritage Area Authority and the Appalachian Regional Commission. Partners include the Garrett County Chamber of Commerce, Garrett Trails, the Barn Quilt Association of Garrett County, Spruce Forest Artisan Village, Garrett County Historical Society Museums, Friend Family Association National Heritage Museum and Library, Mountain Lake Park Historic District, the city of Friendsville, Deep Creek Lake, Maryland Department of Natural Resources, James Drane House, and the Maryland National Road Association.
Many bug fixes and small features.
- Garrett County Chamber of Commerce
- 55.2 MB
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Arabic, Bulgarian, Dutch, French, German, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Garrett County Chamber of Commerce
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.