Abra enables you to invest in 28 cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin, Ethereum, XRP, Litecoin, Stellar, Monero and many more in one app.
Featured in Forbes, CNN Money, Wall Street Journal, New York Post, Apple’s Planet of the Apps, Coindesk, Techcrunch and more.
Abra combines a safe cryptocurrency wallet and exchange in a user-friendly experience.
You can add money to your wallet using a bank account or using cryptocurrencies including bitcoin, litecoin and bitcoin cash globally and exchange to the currency of your choice, anytime you want, almost instantly.
Abra also enables you to store bitcoin purchased from an external cryptocurrency exchange or bitcoin wallet like Coinbase, GDAX, Kraken, CEX.io, Robinhood, Circle, Binance, Bittrex, Bitfinex, Shapeshift, Mycelium, etc.
** BENEFITS **
With Abra you can:
* Buy, sell and hold bitcoin, litecoin and bitcoin cash
* Invest in 28 cryptocurrencies, including Bitcoin (BTC), XRP (XRP), Litecoin (LTC), Ether (ETH), Bitcoin Cash (BCH), TRON (TRX), Cardano (ADA), Monero (XMR), Dash (DASH), Doge (DOGE), Omisego (OMG), Qtum (QTUM), ZCash (ZEC), Stellar Lumens (XLM), NEO (NEO), Verge(XVG), 0x (ZRX), Augur (REP), Bitcoin Gold (BTG), DigiByte (DGB), Ethereum Classic (ETC), Golem (GNT), Lisk (LSK), NEM (NEM), Basic Attention Token (BAT), Status (SNT), Stratis (STRAT) and Vertcoin (VTC)
*Exchange between currencies. For instance, invest in cryptocurrencies like XRP or ether by exchanging from USD.
* Hedge your investment portfolio in a quick, easy and safe manner by exchanging from crypto to US Dollars (or any other fiat currency).
* Hold your investments in a free, safe wallet where YOU control your money, not us.
** FUNDING METHODS **
Abra is a global, bitcoin-based, non-custodial wallet with several ways to add funds, depending on where you live:
* Bank: We support a variety of major and regional banks in the US, PH and EU
* American Express: US only. Eligible consumer cards include Amex cards, Bluebird, and Serve
* Visa or Mastercard: Debit/Card card issued globally
* Bitcoin, litecoin or bitcoin cash purchased externally
* Cash: Use the app to find an Abra Teller where supported
Abra allows you to invest in 28 popular cryptocurrencies:
* Bitcoin (BTC): The first cryptocurrency enabling decentralized payments and a safe store of value
* XRP (XRP): Cryptocurrency enabling faster and cheaper bank-to-bank transactions
* Litecoin (LTC): One of the first altcoins, a powerful Bitcoin-fork enabling fast and cheap transactions
* Ethereum (ETH): Cryptocurrency platform for smart contracts and ICO coins
* Bitcoin Cash (BCH): Fork of Bitcoin with capacity for larger blocks and faster transactions
* Monero (XMR): Privacy oriented cryptocurrency that anonymizes transactions using stealth and ring signatures
* Dash (DASH): Cryptocurrency that pioneered built-in governance and privacy
* Dogecoin (DOGE): Cryptocurrency with a history of charitable contributions
* OmiseGO (OMG): Cryptocurrency enabling financial inclusion and interoperability through the public OMG network
* Qtum (QTUM): Smart contract platform that can interoperate with smart contracts on other blockchains
* Zcash (ZEC): Privacy-focused cryptocurrency with the option to create completely anonymous transactions
* Stellar Lumens (XLM): Cryptocurrency focused on cross-border payments
* Verge (XVG): Privacy oriented cryptocurrency that uses i2P and Tor to anonymize transactions
* 0x (ZRX): ERC20 token that will be used to pay for fees on exchanges built on the 0x protocol
Other cryptocurrencies supported on Abra include:
* TRON (TRX)
* Cardano (ADA)
* Augur (REP)
* Bitcoin Gold (BTG)
* DigiByte (DGB)
* Ethereum Classic (ETC)
* NEO (NEO)
* Basic Attention Token (BAT)
* Golem (GNT)
* Lisk (LSK)
* NEM (NEM)
* Status (SNT)
* Stratis (STRAT)
* Vertcoin (VTC)
Exciting news: you can now invest in the Bitwise Crypto Index (BIT10) token on Abra. BIT10 is the world's first easily accessible cryptocurrency index for anyone, anywhere. Now you can own 80% of the crypto market with one simple investment!
Ratings and Reviews
Never able to use app and restricted
I was told by customer service I would not be able to use a bank account or card. So I don’t know how you can restrict an account that was NEVER used. So I basically had an account that could never be used and was being told what I could do not have my account be useable. I was able to Join Coinbase and be verified quickly. And able to purchase and transfer ETH the same day.
I downloaded the app, added my card. Said it would be a day to verify. Next day get a message saying I needed to re-add card or contact support. Contacted support and they said they were restricting my wallet and not allowing me to add any funds. No answer as to what was going on or how I could verify my card. Just told I couldn’t add any funds via card or bank. I’ve never had any wallet prior to this. I was branching out and trying to invest in crypto currency and this experience made me realize how unreliable these apps and companies are. They want me to deposit BTC or ETH in their wallet but not any USD. Sounds like fraud to me. Plus they sent a message to contact them yet refused to let me know how in less than 24 hours when never using this app or any other like it I could be “restricted”. Horrible app and even worse support. If I was given any idea what was happening then maybe it would be different but being very vague and after I barely set up the app is suspicious.
Hi GrnEyedGirl23, thank you for taking the time to provide a review. We do have security protocols which will restrict users from transacting via banks/credit cards. We do not disclose any additional information regarding restrictions. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for giving us a try. Our apologies for the negative experience, Ryan
Wow lots of bad reviews! Might be to easy to use it’s hard which I have experience of doing except on this Abra app. As a small investor enter info for download, entered my WF account and funds show up in my U.S. wallet in 24 hours. No fees on transfer and bought some crypto with a 100 and that’s where a small fee of around a 1.50 or less was taken out after purchase of crypto investment. Other transfers from bank to wallet have gone great as well.
Only thing is I can’t make instant buy until the money transfer is complete unlike CB. But CB keeps me in pending for days and locked in on buy and can’t sell until complete. No graphs on Abra or percentage of crypto moves of the hour or day. But lots of other sites to look at for that info. Not a bad app and my bank was on their list so that could be making my experience easier as well. Good luck!
Update, just sent some Litecoin from CB account to my Abra Litecoin wallet!!!! 50$ worth left CB and 50$ worth showed up in about 2 minutes or less in Abra, bye bye horse and buggy Bitcoin technology!!!
Sweet! Thank you for sharing your thoughts and experience using our app. We hear you and we are working on additonal app enhancements to address customer's requests like yours. Stay tuned! - More feedback? please write us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Photo ID Upload Terrible!
Abra worked fine for me during the initial crypto buying process (although the limits were too low). However - when it came time for me to sell a little crypto for $USD, I could not accomplish this using Abra. The daily limit was so low, it would have taken me days to complete the most simple sell order. When I attempted to "increase daily limits" by uploading my drivers license, the system rejected my photo over 30 times! Yes - I consulted Abra's web site and email support. I am a photographer, so I know that the photo must be clear, edge to edge, on a dark background, no glare, etc. (Note, Virginia licenses have a transparent secondary photo that will not show well on a dark background). I contacted support, I was told, "Unfortunately we do not have much control over this process since the ID is validated by our banking partner and they use an automated system.". No willingness to own the problem and contact the banking partner on my behalf, I was told just, "sorry for the inconvenience". Well, my inconvenience with Abra is over. So - Abra, I'm "sorry", but I have deleted your app and have no problem performing my trades (nor uploading IDs) using other services, using increased limits.
Hi Jeffro1111, thank you for the feedback. We do have a wire program, application : abra.com/wires that would allow you to deposit or withdraw 2-30k per wire, per day to/from your bank. We cannot submit ID on behalf of users at this time and unfortunately the automated process is our banking partner's, so we are unable to bypass their process. It is extremely inconvenient and we hope that the process is improved. Our apologies for the poor experience, Ryan
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.