Periscope - Live Video Streaming Around the World
By Twitter, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Periscope lets you broadcast and explore the world through live video.
See where news is breaking, visit a new place, or meet people and share interests - all in real-time.
Use Periscope to:
• Broadcast live video and interact with people through hearts and comments.
• Discover popular live video streams from around the world or search for broadcasts by location or topic.
• Missed out on a live video? Don't worry - watch the best parts with replay highlights.
• Instantly share your live videos to Twitter and other social networks.
• Broadcast privately to specific followers or friends.
What's New in Version 1.7.5
- RETWEET - When sharing a live broadcast, you can now choose to Retweet the broadcaster's original Tweet.
- PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW ICON - Anyone you follow (as well as their comments) will have a special icon next to their name, making them easier to identify.
- VIP PROGRAM - Broadcasters in the Periscope VIP Program are now identified by badges on their profiles (visit periscope.tv/vipprogram to apply)
- FOLLOW THE BROADCASTER - Follow a broadcaster from the viewers list with one tap.
- GET INTO FOCUS - Improved camera tap to focus while broadcasting.
- FEELING GOOD - Fixed bugs causing the app to freeze, as well as stability issues with autoplaying broadcasts.
Good, but needs some work
I adore periscope because it's a great way to connect with people who share the same interests. The issues I've had are scopes disconnecting even though I can run other streams on other apps that I don't lose connection as often.
I would love if Periscope could deal with these webcam girl bots from adding me. Their profile pictures are x-rated as well. I have reported and e-mailed Periscope about this to no avail. There are other inappropriate scopes (drug/sexual in nature). I rarely check out listed scopes as you never know what you'll end up seeing.
If a person has a good number of people they follow, you will have enough content where you won't have to touch the live listed scopes. The problem comes for new people to the app that aren't following anyone and just have the live people to watch.
I have been on Periscope for about 5 months and it has been a fantastic experience! The world has gotten smaller, and by that I mean I can visit so many places on this app I may never see in person. This app lets you experience world news, music, adventure and all live! The one downside...there are some who use this app in perverted ways, for sexual outlet so to speak. If the creators of this app could find a way to monitor that a bit better that would be great. I have gotten a few of my friends to get the app and I love it!
Best App Ever!
The world has opened up to so many regardless of location, economic or social standing, religion, race or disability. Periscope allows us to make real life connections, develop true friendships, build positive communities all around the world. We can watch Saturn, the moon, sunsets in Nepal, sit with someone with serious illness & raise awareness of global causes. We have Scopers who are blind, deaf & in wheelchairs. Periscope takes "I can't..." out of our vocabulary. It unites us. Thank you from all the thousands of people whose lives have forever been changed because of Periscope.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Oct 12, 2016
- Version: 1.7.5
- Size: 70.8 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Tagalog, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Twitter, Inc.
- © Twitter Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Apple TV: Yes