Periscope - Live Video Streaming Around the World
By Twitter, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Periscope lets you broadcast and explore the world through live video.
See where news is breaking, visit a new place, or meet people and share interests - all in real-time.
Use Periscope to:
• Broadcast live video and interact with people through hearts and comments.
• Discover popular live video streams from around the world or search for broadcasts by location or topic.
• Missed out on a live video? Don't worry - watch the best parts with replay highlights.
• Instantly share your live videos to Twitter and other social networks.
• Broadcast privately to specific followers or friends.
What's New in Version 1.6.2
This update fixes a few bugs across the app, including:
- App occasionally freezing after reporting a broadcast
- Profile image not updating immediately after uploading a new picture
In case you missed what's new from our previous release:
- "Highlights" is a new feature that automatically creates a short trailer of each Periscope replay. You can watch Highlights of your home feed to quickly catch up on broadcasts you missed, Highlights of somebody's Periscope profile to see a quick series of their previous broadcasts, or Highlights for any search result (like "#Turkey") to get a convenient overview of any topic.
- Find people in your phone's Address Book who are using Periscope. We think Periscope is better with friends, so we've made it easier to find them! Tap on the People section to sync your address book.
- Flipping between front and rear facing camera is much smoother.
- We've updated the "Report Broadcast" feature to let you specify why a broadcast should be flagged for our team to review. Thanks for helping us upholding our content guidelines!
Love this app
I love the app, but I am having issues with it, and not sure it is my device or with the app itself. When I go back to watch the replay of my scope, I no longer see the comments that were made as well as the hearts no longer show up. I have emailed them and I hope that they will fix it. I have had to u install it different times as it keeps acting up. I also emailed them, and let them know, that I have never has the viewer icon in portrait mode, but I do have it in landscape mode. I never know how many viewers I had u till I finish the broadcast. There again, I am not sure what is going on, whether it is with my devices or with the app. I hope these get resolved, as I am getting very frustrated by it all. Once the issues are resolved, then I will be more than happy to give a higher rating.
I love Periscope. I have been using the App for a little over a year. It is like having a Your Own TV Channel in your hand. You can broadcast whenever you want. I have made so many new friends from all over the world. Some of whom I have met in person. I have learned so much about business, social media, travel destinations, etc. I love the new features like Highlights of replays. It is fun to watch so many celebrities on Periscope Kevin Hart, Kim Coles, Monique, Wyclef Jean and so many more.
Following list not fully accessible not fixed!!!!
I enjoy this app as many friends have it. I'm frustrated that after I email the issue a month ago along with many others the issue of not being to access the list has not been resolved
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Aug 11, 2016
- Version: 1.6.2
- Size: 30.3 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Norwegian Nynorsk, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Tagalog, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Twitter, Inc.
- © Twitter Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Apple TV: Yes