Dot™ is the only fertility tracker and period tracker app that can be used to prevent pregnancy and to plan pregnancy using just your period dates. Dot uses a patent-pending approach to identify your pregnancy risk for each day of your cycle and tells you if it’s a High, Medium, or Low risk day for pregnancy.
Dot requires only your period start dates to produce accurate and personalized information. The Dot fertility tracker app (free) can be used as a period tracker, fertility calendar, period calendar, period calculator, and ovulation calculator.
Dot fertility tracker has been described by global health experts as a "game changer for women's health".
DOT FERTILITY TRACKER GETS SMARTER WITH USE
Dot’s proprietary algorithm uses ongoing statistical analysis to determine your pregnancy chances for each day of your cycle. The more dates you enter, the more tailored Dot’s results. Whether you are using it as a period tracker, fertility monitor, or ovulation predictor.
HOW IS DOT FERTILITY TRACKER DIFFERENT?
Dot fertility tracker is more advanced than a period tracker. It gives you accurate information that can be used to prevent pregnancy or get pregnant fast. And it’s easier to use than traditional fertility awareness methods. No need for extensive charting and daily temperature taking, whether you use it as birth control or for conception.
Dot has been tested extensively for accuracy. Dot fertility tracker is based on years of research and is undergoing the first contraceptive efficacy study on a fertility app.
WHO CAN USE DOT FERTILITY TRACKER?
Anyone can use Dot as a menstrual cycle tracker, period tracker, or to get pregnant. If you use Dot for pregnancy prevention, it is recommended that you have cycles between 20-40 days long with less than 10 days variation in length. Dot will let you know if your cycles are ever outside this range. Additionally, it is recommended that users should be able to manage their fertile days by using an effective back-up birth control method or avoiding intercourse on high-risk days.
DOT FERTILITY TRACKER FEATURES
• Tailored information – Dot gives you tailored information based on your cycle data that you can use as a fertility tracker to get pregnant, to avoid pregnancy, or just as a health tracker and period tracker.
• Fertility Monitor – Dot lets you instantly know if you are on a High, Medium or Low-risk day for pregnancy. It’s like having a fertility friend in your pocket.
• Ovulation Predictor – Dot identifies the day you are statistically most likely to ovulate.
• Period Tracker & Predictions – Dot isn’t just a period calendar, it’s a period predictor. Dot gives you accurate menstrual cycle predictions for the next 6 months letting you know when to expect your flo!
• Health Tracker – Dot lets you know if your cycle pattern indicates a possible underlying health issue that should be addressed. It monitors your menstrual cycle for possible irregularities that could be an indication of health concerns such as PCOS.
• PMS Tracker, Mood Tracker, & More - Add notes to calendar dates and track your period symptoms, mood, and frequency of sex.
• Data Security – Your data resides on your phone, not with us! You can export and save your cycle data.
OPTIONAL DOT PRO UPGRADE
When you upgrade to Dot Pro, you are helping the millions of women around the world who have an unmet need for contraception. We are committed to providing women with free, effective family planning options that don’t cause side effects. Upgrading to Dot Pro supports this work. Upgrading also gives you a few nifty features!
- Sync Your Calendar - Sync your Dot data with the calendar on your phone.
- Keep Your Partner in the Loop – Send your partner texts or emails to keep them up to date on your fertility status.
- Customize Dot’s Colors – Choose from several skins to customize Dot’s colors.
Questions? Email us at email@example.com
We update Dot every few weeks based on your feedback and suggestions. We're excited to release this new version. Dot is now available in Portuguese. Thank you for being a Dot user!
Ratings and Reviews
Great if tracking periods not so great for trying to track ovulation
It’s a great app I’ve been using it to keep track of just your periods. if you are using it to help try and get pregnant or prevent pregnancy I would find something else to keep track. Three things that drive me crazy are that you can’t control the days it states you are fertile. I know when I ovulate 99% of the time but it is always off and there is no customizing that. Also I know it isn’t a big deal but I hate that there isn’t a acne symptom button. The third thing that bothers me is that I have struggled with three miscarriages this past year and the app doesn’t have a way to notify them or add it into settings. But for 6 months after it continues to warn you up at the top that one or more of your periods has been outside of the Dot prediction range and that they cannot prediction because of that. Overall this app has great potential And I LOVE LOVE LOVE that there are no ads. The main reason I’ve stuck with them.
Hi, We really appreciate your feedback. First off, we'd like to say how sorry we are to hear about your miscarriages. A suggestion, please ask Dot to "ignore" the cycles during which you were pregnant. If you do this, then likely your cycles would be in the 20-40 day range again and you would not receive an out range message. It likely will also improve the ovulation prediction. If you need help with how to do this, please email Hello@DotTheApp.com or call us at +1.202.730.1269. As for your suggestion about adding an "acne" symptom - we love it! Thank you for this suggestion. We will add that to our list of updates!
App “falls out of the loop”
This app seems to have a few problems with accuracy/reliability in tracking. The average menstrual cycle is 21-35 days. When you enter a period start date, it’s great at guessing when you’re ovulating. However knowing the average time between periods, it not helpful if the app can’t track anything if it’s been about 30 days since you last input a period start date. Then you have to wait until your period starts again to get any real use of the app. A definite shortcoming to this app. Also the app tries to predict when next period will be but there should be a way to tell it that the period started 2 days late or 1 day early for example. Then it might do better at predicting the next one.
Hi there. Dot accommodates cycles in the range of 20-40 days with up to 10 days variation for accurately determining pregnancy risk. (No limit for tracking cycles.) When you enter your period-start date, you are telling Dot your actual cycle length and it adjusts automatically for the next cycle. Dot accurately calculates probabilities for pregnancy risk, ovulation estimation, and period prediction, and continues to tailor them as you enter more cycles. If you have questions, please feel free to contact us at Hello@DotTheApp.com.
I was always horrible with taking birth control and wondering when my period was going to show up. Dot makes it really easy to just tap the date you start it and end it and keeps track of it all and tells you when you’ll get it. Super helpful and even now lets you add notes about how you feel and what happens usually before, during, and after your period. Seriously love this app so much, I recommend it to everyone.
- Cycle Technologies
- 45.6 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 10.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © Cycle Technologies 2018
- In-App Purchases
- Dot Pro $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.