Opener is an app that allows you to open links from the web in apps instead! Copy a link and launch Opener to see the apps that it can be opened in, or use Opener's action extension right from other apps! Opener currently supports over 250 apps with more being added all the time.
In addition to opening links in apps, Opener also supports:
- Opening links in any browser of your choice.
- Opening the Google AMP version of pages, which are significantly faster than normal web pages.
"If you find yourself looking to view web links in apps often, Opener is a good timesaver that cleverly uses iOS extensions to speed up the process." — MacStories
"It’s simple, handy, and makes browsing the web a lot easier." — LifeHacker
"...lets you open links in their corresponding app, skipping the annoying Web view along the way." — CNET
"As someone who spends huge chunks of my day tapping on my iPhone’s screen, I skipped my Starbucks latte today and bought Opener instead." — TechCrunch
For a complete list of supported apps visit opener.link/apps
• Fixed an issue causing Opener to not support some of the languages it's intended to.
• Restores in-app iTunes content previews for users running iOS 12.1.1 and above.
• Quick browser switching! You can now switch browsers in just two taps — tap the browser caret button and pick a browser to launch it! No more jumping in and out of menus to switch.
• Performance improvements and bug fixes galore! The action extension will now load up to 250ms faster, and lists of actions will load faster as well.
• Refined keyboard feedback highlights the actions you've chosen when using keyboard shortcuts on the iPad Pro.
If you like using Opener we'd love to hear about it! Please leave us a quick review on the App Store.
Ratings and Reviews
Great for launching apps for certain links
I really like being able to easily open Twitter links in Tweetbot, Reddit links in Apollo, and so forth.
The only thing missing is being able to easily pick from a list of browsers the same way you can pick other apps. Opener makes you choose a browser as default. To select another browser, you have to tap on the current default browser, tap on the browser you want, and then tap on it again. This will open a URL in the selected browser, but it’ll also set it as default. It’s not ideal, but no app is perfect.
🥇AMAZING APP & SERVICE SUPPORT
THEY ADDED MUSI SUPPORT! I can't say enough positive things about the quality of customer service and support offered by this apps developer Tim.
Tim not only promptly responded to my email asking for the app Musi to be added as an option in Opener but even after informing me that my request would not function if added because of an issue on Musi's side. He still went above and beyond by getting in contact with the other developers until he was able to make my request happen. If that's not awesome developer support I don't know what is.
What more could you ask for?
I’m going on 3 years or so using this application, and I don’t ever see myself stopping unless similar functionality is added to iOS out of the box. The gap that this application fills for iOS functionality is an absolute necessity in how I use my phone. Not only does this perform flawlessly in its given task, Tim takes feedback and implements feature requests if he can. Love this application, will continue to be a long time user! Awesome!
- Timothy Johnsen
- 2.6 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Japanese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2015-2018 Tim Johnsen
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.