Paddle Partner For Canoeing Kayaking and Camping
By Kyle Wendel
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Paper maps no more!
Don't you think it's time we get with the technology? Paddle Partner is the GO-TO app for canoe and kayak lovers who paddle down their favorite river trails. This app provides real time navigation statistics both online and OFFLINE.
No need to rub your eyes. You read that right. This app requires NO cell phone reception for it to actually WORK.
When you purchase and download Paddle Partner, you will never have to deal with:
• Paper river maps that get torn and ripped as soon as they get wet!
• Losing your way on the kayaking trail!
• Feeling rushed to set up your primitive campsite because you spent way too much time enjoying the river!
• Getting a bad deal from an outfitter!
• Not finding the right camping resources and supplies you need for you paddling trail!
• Choose your access points, primitive campsites, campgrounds,and other points of interest on your canoeing trail with OFFLINE navigation that is highly accurate!
• Know your canoe or kayaks current and exact location at all times!
• Know your real-time mileage from your primitive campsite or destination!
• Know your real-time arrival time to all points of interest on the map!
• Know your current paddling speed!
• Know your average paddle speed throughout your camping trip!
• Know your canoe or kayaks maximum speed throughout your canoe trip!
• Find out your longest paddling sprint!
• Know locations of all primitive campsites on the trail map!
• Know locations of all access points on the paddle trail and how far you are away from your access point!
• Have GPS Navigation to all outfitters on the supported paddling trail!
• Have GPS Navigation to all camping supply stores and food stores on the supported paddling trail!
• Keep statistical information of your entire camping or kayaking trip.
• Get real-time weather information so you can easily plan your canoeing or kayaking trip.
Helpful tip: Running Paddle Partner in Airplane mode can dramatically save your battery life.
*************************************************Very Important Read Below************************************
This App Only Supports The Following Paddling Trails:
• Everglades National Park
• Big Bend Saltwater Paddling Trail
• Lower Delaware River/Upper Delaware River/Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area
• St. Corix River
• Namekagon River
Finally a Paddle Partner you can count on!
Paddle On my friends!
What's New in Version 1.6
Improved performance and bug fixing.
While the description states this app is for "your favorite river trails" it's a LIE! There are only 4 rivers to choose from. There's a screen that shows 4 rivers, but that's not an example, that's it! When I emailed the company (some con artist) he responded with "I'm sorry you didn't see the list of rivers in the middle of the description." In the description it references "your favorite" which leads you to believe there's a comprehensive list, not a list of only 4 in this app!
This app doesn't tell you that there are only 4 areas that are on the app and that you can't look for areas to kayak around your location! So unless you live within these 4 locations, this app is useless to you! DONT PAY FOR IT! I want my money back!
I'd like to see additional maps if possible in the future.