With Messenger Kids...
Parents Have More Control
* Parents approve every contact, so kids can chat in a safer, more controlled environment.
* Parents can remove any contact at any time
* Parents can use sleep mode to set times when their child cannot use the app.
* Messages don't disappear and can't be hidden in case parents would like to check in.
* There are no ads or in-app purchases, and the app is free to download.
Kids Have More Fun
* Kid-appropriate stickers, GIFs, frames and emojis help kids creatively express themselves.
* One-on-one or group video calls come to life with fun, interactive masks.
* The feature-filled camera lets kids create videos and decorate photos to share with loved ones.
Works with Messenger
* Parents and parent-approved adults chat with kids through Messenger.
* Works on all tablets and smartphones.
* No phone number is needed - you only need Wi-Fi.
Made Safer for Kids
* Creating a Messenger Kids account for a child does not create a Facebook account for them.
* Parents and guardians use their own Facebook accounts to create a Messenger Kids account for their child.
* Kids have the option to report or block contacts and report inappropriate content. If a child submits a report, their parent or guardian will be notified.
* We're always working to improve Messenger Kids. If you'd like to share any feedback with us or for more information, visit messengerkids.com.
Thank you for using Messenger Kids! We'll be continuously updating and improving the app to make it an even better experience for kids and their families.
- Updated interface content translations in various languages.
Ratings and Reviews
I love this app so much!! The effects are so much fun!! I am military kid and I had made really good friends and it was pretty hard to move away from them. It feels awesome to be able to call them without having to use my mom's tablet and account. Only one thing that was not entirely good about it, I can't voice call my friends. Because I moved, we have different time zones, sometimes it's a little late for my friend and we used to voice call, but now that we can't I have to turn off my camera and I can't call her as if I were using a real phone, I have to either plug in my earbuds or just keep her on speaker phone and it gets a little anoyying. I really really love this app, but that would just make it a bit better. Also, when I am in a different app, my friends can't see me and I can't see them. If that could change, that would be awesome. Also, this is to people who think that this app is bad for kids, I am 11 and I go outside for hours everyday and I still get in touch with my friends almost every day! I highly recommend this app to kids 4+ especially military, because I know from experience that it cab be heartbreaking to move away from friends and this gives them a chance to stay in touch with them and family!
You are just doing it wrong
Why would you not leave the children alone? Let them experience others physically in real life. Isn’t it right to let the kid interact with the world around, smell, touch, and make memories for the journey of a lifetime? Instead of affecting the kid’s mind at the age they are most vulnerable and make the next generation more dependent on texting and being remote? You are just doing it wrong.
I know, it makes scenes, I want money too, no really I do understand, I don’t blame you for reaching out to get more “hit” on your apps, but please leave the children out of it and maybe, just maybe, their parents are not yet lost their senses to let their kids get addicted to texting, even if they will eventually, but I am wishing some joyful experience for all the kids, enough real memories for them to carry through their entire unreal and digital life.
I ask parents, would you like your children remember texting when they were kids? Or swimming, running, smelling air and... because let me tell you this, this device you are holding will be dominant and will cover all the other memories when they look back.
Great except for no push notifications!
This app is really awesome and fun to connect with my grandson. Unfortunately, that’s not easy to do because we do not receive push notifications when we are calling or messaging each other. So we have missed video chat calls and messages are often not seen for hours or the next day. I have notifications enabled on both ends. I made a messenger kids account for myself to use with him so we would have the same masks and other options (plus I just like those masks!) However, the only way he can reach me is to call me on my regular messenger, where I get the push notifications. But if I am calling him, he has no idea and that defeats the purpose. I really hope that you fix this issue soon, please! Then I will gladly give 5 stars. Thank you for this app!
- Facebook, Inc.
- 254.6 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, Spanish, Thai, Zulu
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017 Facebook
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.