By Lucia Barbieri
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Italian tortellini, a truly outstanding dish and emblem of authentic Italian cooking, are laid bare in all their extraordinary glory in this app, in which we reveal the one and only genuine recipe of Tortellino from Modena, the land of their birth. New technologies have given us so many ways of sharing information, and never before has it been so easy to explore other cultures and share the secrets of local tradition.
- Download our app to discover the mediaeval myth and legend surrounding the origin of tortellini.
- Watch the videos to be guided step-by-step through the tortellini-making process: from hand rolling the dough, to make the filling picking the right ingredients like Modena ham, Mortadella Bologna, Parmigiano Reggiano and shaping the pasta sheet creating your very own authentic version of Venus' navel.
- Uncover secrets guarded jealously by Modena's most famous chefs and families, so you too can make this amazing special-occasion dish.
- Listen to interviews with local experts from the Slow Food movement, the San Nicola Association of Castelfranco Emilia and local restaurateurs who provide unique insights into the past, present and future of the dish.
- Don't miss the graphic novel at the end: the fascinating tale provides a poignant true account in which tortellini played a festive role for resistance fighters in the Italian mountains on a moonlit New Year's eve in 1944.
Available both in English than Italian
What's New in Version 1.2
Add support to iOS 8