Audio dictionary - WordWeb American English
By WordWeb Software
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
A quick, easy to use, and comprehensive American English dictionary/thesaurus with 70 000 professionally recorded audio pronunciations. Fast searching, detailed definitions, synonyms, derived words, examples, and a great user interface let you easily navigate between words as you discover and explore their meanings.
The comprehensive WordWeb dictionary database includes:
- 285,000 words, phrases and derived forms
- 225,000 word sense definitions
- 70,000 usage examples
- 70,000 audio pronunciations
- 90,000 text pronunciations
- Synonyms and similar words
- American, British and international vocabulary
The intelligent word entry suggests possible correct spellings as you type, as well as listing words that sound the same or are often confused. In addition there's a fast pattern-matching word search feature, great for crossword puzzles and finding that word or phrase you've forgotten.
Search features include:
- Alphabetical listing
- Spelling suggestions
- Sounds-like and often-confused
- Fast pattern-matching search (*, ?, vowel and consonant)
- Filter search results by noun, verb, adjective, adverbs
- Customize search options (case, derived forms, etc)
No Internet connection is required to use WordWeb (unlike audio in dictionary.com). A smaller version without audio is also available - search iTunes for WordWeb.
[If the sound is off on your iPad check the toggle switch on the side (not the volume switch, the other one). On a phone make sure you have your ringer turned on and the volume turned up.]
What's New in Version 3.3
- New words and definitions
- Latest iOS compatibility
- Easier bookmarking on iPad and random bookmark feature
Customers Also Bought
- AED 14.99
- Category: Reference
- Updated: 31 August 2016
- Version: 3.3
- Size: 241 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Antony Lewis
- © WordWeb Software
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.