Miko - Double Birthday: An interactive bedtime story book for kids about two best friends sharing their special day and even their gifts, by Brigitte Weninger illustrated by Stephanie Roehe (iPhone version; by Auryn Apps)
By Auryn Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
It’s Miko’s birthday, and he’s as excited as can be. It’s also his friend Mimiki’s birthday, but Miko is the only one who gets any presents. Miko would like to share with him, but it isn’t so easy to find something Mimiki can play with too. How can they have fun with the toys together to make it the best double birthday ever?
This is a charming story about what birthdays really mean, and a great way to talk about sharing and friendship.
Miko, Double Birthday is a part of the Auracle line from Auryn. The app is based on Brigitte Weninger, Stephanie Roehe’s book by the same name, illustrated by Stephanie Roehe. It is the fourth book app of the famous Miko series.
▶ KEY EDUCATIONAL THEMES:
- Teach them the joy of loving and sharing with their friends.
-Teach them shapes by pointing to the various building blocks (e.g. square, rectangle, triangle, etc.)
▶ EXTEND THE LEARNING! ASK YOUR CHILD:
-“To make a skyscraper or a house from building blocks?”
-By pointing to various things in the book, ask them to name the colors of the objects
▶ ENHANCE CREATIVITY BY PERSONALIZING THE STORY:
- You can write your own version of the text for the book
- Personalize the narration: kids or parents can re-record the narration to make it their own!
▶ DEVELOP READING SKILLS WITH THESE LITERACY TOOLS:
- Image and word association vocabulary builder - when an image on the screen is touched, the associated word is spoken and the written word is displayed.
- Karaoke effect - when a word is spoken during narration then the word is highlighted.
- Touch a word to hear it being spoken in “Read Myself” mode (almost like “training wheels” for new readers)
▶ THREE WAYS TO READ THE BOOK:
1) "Read to me" - Listen to the narrated story while the text is displayed Karaoke style. After the narration finishes on a page the child can interact with objects until they are ready to move to the next page.
2) "Auto Play" - same as "Read to Me" except the page advances automatically once the narration is finished. Useful for those long car rides when you want the child to have a complete book experience.
3) "Read myself" - There is no narration but the child can touch a word to hear it being spoken aloud.
Please rate and review the app. Your feedback means a lot to us!
Stay in the loop: www.auryn.com
Write to us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Like us: Facebook.com/aurynapps
Follow us: Twitter.com/aurynapps
Follow us: Pinterest.com/appsbyauryn
What's New in Version 1.0.3
Bug fix and Optimizations
- AED 7.29
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: 10 January 2013
- Version: 1.0.3
- Size: 60.0 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Auryn, Inc
- © 2011 Auryn Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.