iFiles 2 is now available, this application is here to support legacy users.
iFiles is the most intuitive file manager for iOS with features like connectivity to many file cloud services, transferring files between computer or cloud services, ability to view many file formats (PDF viewer now supports annotations, search and more), voice recorder, web downloader, text file editor and more.
Supported Online Cloud Services and Protocols:
Dropbox, Google Drive, iCloud, Box.net, SkyDrive, SugarSync, AFP (Mac Shares), FTP/FTPS, SFTP, Flickr, Picasa, Facebook, Rackspace CloudFiles, CloudApp, PogoPlug, WebDav, Amazon S3, Ubuntu One Files, ownCloud, 4Shared, also using Amazon S3: DreamObjects and UltiCloud.
• WEB DOWNLOADER - Download files from the web using the build in Web Browser or Safari using iFiles Bookmarks. (HTML5 Videos are now supported)
• EMAIL - Send documents as email attachments directly from iFiles using iPhones email accounts or links to files stored in the cloud. (given service supports this feature)
• VOICE RECORDER - Use iFiles build-in voice recorder to create voice notes.
• POPUP MENU - Tap and hold on file to display context popup menu with file operations.
• PROPERTIES -View and change folder and files properties: color label, icon, and rename. For services with supported API you can edit: comments, description, tags/keywords, privacy, copy/generate links.
• SHARE FILES - Share files with other iOS users of iFiles over Wi-Fi or Bluetooth.
• PDF VIEWER - Viewer now supports annotations, full-text search, bookmarks, highlighting, saving directly to a cloud service and more.
• SECURE - If cloud services uses username and password they are stored using iOS Keychain, Remote access to your device can be secured with password, and device can be locked using passcode. (Your information is never send to any outside service)
• FILE OPERATIONS - Move, Copy, Rename, Delete, and create New Folders (Operations are supported for all cloud services given that service API supports it)
• ZIP/EXTRACT - Create archive files and unarchive many common archive formats: Zip, RAR, 7-zip, Tar, Gzip, and Bzip2.
• TRANSFER MANAGER - Download, upload and transfer files directly between services without required to first download then upload files. Transfers support background mode and will resume if application is closed.
• EASY UPLOAD - If your creating voice recording, importing photos or creating a text file, iFiles will automatically upload to the current location no matter if its local or remote.
• CLIPBOARD PASTE - Paste text and photos/images directly to current folder.
• OPEN IN - Open files in apps that support those file types.
• PRINT - Print files using AirPrint.
• TEXT FILES - Create and edit plain text files. (Locally or directly in the cloud)
• PHOTO IMPORT - Take Photos, record movies or import from your Photo Library. (Multiple selection support is coming in next update)
• MEDIA PLAYER - Playback audio and video files.
• THUMBNAILS - Thumbnails are generated for local files: photos, videos and pdf files, thumbnails are displayed for cloud service if its supported.
• iWorks (Pages, numbers, Keynote) ’08 and ’09 (with or without Preview)
• Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
• HTML web pages and Web archives (web pages downloaded by Safari)
• PDF Documents.
• RTF (Rich Text Format) and RTFD.
• Plain text with auto-detection of character encoding. Text files can also be edited.
• Movies (supported file formats by iPhone: MP4, MOV, MPV, 3GP, M4V)
• Audio (WAV, MP3, M4A, CAF, AIF, AIFF, ACC)
• Images (JPG, PNG, GIF, BMP, TIF, TIFF, ICO, CUR, XBM)
A Wi-Fi connection is required to transfer files between home computer.
We're always excited to hear form you! If you have any feedback. questions, or concerns, please emails us at:
or visit http://www.ifilesapp.com
or follow us on twitter:
Ratings and Reviews
It's perfect program , but there is a problem.
When I edit on my lectures as PDF file, I highlight and write some notes and also I add picture ,, the problem is when I finished and I want to study again,, the program closed !!!! Why it is closed ,,
It's the best and one of the first file manager, file transfer and one-stop-shop for all FTP and cloud services. Actually it's the best app and a must-have. I use it everyday since I discovered it back in 2009.
The developers are truly committed and keen to adding features.
As a developer and a vivid user, I have some suggestions/ requests to the developers to make it even better, and I'm giving 5-star rating because I know they will always listen and add. (Thank you for the latest very useful Convert to PDF options):
1. Please implement interactive animations into folder view (like the one "File App" use, or maybe iOS 7-like).
2. Swipe gestures is the way to go now. They are definitely better, faster and cleaner than back buttons.
3. Better color themes would be well welcomed. (A whole theme, not only the menu bar).
4. Provide black background for folder view, especially in pic browser.
5. Syntax highlighting for for common languages (HTML, CSS, C, C++, LUA, Java, .. Etc). An example is "Filer".
I always have a problem when I try to unzip larger zip file containing different file types (e.g. 10MB or more), with various subfolder structure, and I always get a message "unexpected error".
I tried to get an answer from developer itself, but no one is willing to provide any explanation.
Furthermore, developer promised "many new features and improvements" in the next version, but it's now more than 6 months after the latest one....
So if you really need reliable file manager, better try another one first.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.