By Peter Kramer
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
iPlayingCards Version 3.1 – A 'virtual' deck of cards for the iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. (NOTE: Use this App to play card games with other people - just like a 'real' deck; but it is NOT a 'game-playing' program.) Play cards on one or multiple devices (using Game Center or Bluetooth - Bluetooth works on airplanes). Cards move with the touch of a finger. When playing with a shared device, use four hidden hands – a hand become visible only when the device is tilted on its side facing that direction. When playing with multiple devices, each device can display a different hand. Many features – shuffling, dealing, cutting, flipping, sorting, etc.. Nine classic decks for playing games such as Poker, Sixty-Six, Piquet, Belote, Jass, Durak, Scopa, Mus, Five Hundred, Pinochle, Bezique or Canasta. Fast set-up of 21 different games.
Note - This full version of iPlayingCards, available for a small fee, has unlimited random shuffling. In the Lite Version of iPlayingCards, available for free from the App Store, the deck can be automatically shuffled into only four predetermined random decks. The Lite version can be upgraded with an In-App Purchase (same price as this full version) to be equivalent to this full version. Devices that have the full version on them will cause a Lite version to automatically upgrade. Game Center matches may be played among users of the Lite version with one user (the designated shuffler) having an upgraded Lite version.
Connect multiple iPhones, iPads or iPod touches together using Game Center (anywhere on Earth) or Bluetooth (within 30 feet).
Move cards and piles anywhere on the screen/table
- move a card with one-touch moves
- flip a card with a tap
- rotate a card with a two-tap move
- move a card lower in the deck with a reverse-tap
- move and spread piles with two-touch moves
- rotate and flip piles with a double tap
Four hidden hands
- each hand becomes visible when device is tilted onto a side
- only the person on that side can see that hand
- sort hands by suits/rank, right/left, SHDC/SHCD, ace high/low,
- show the number of cards in each hidden hand
- limit the hands that other connected devices can show
- adjust the size of the cards on the table from small to big
- adjust the size of the cards in each hand separately
- add 1 or 2 Jokers
- pick any photo from your Photo Album for the back of the cards
- 8 classic decks - 24, 32, 36, 40,48,64 or 104 cards
- deal to 1, 2, 3 or 4 players or to an adjacent pile
- deal from 1 to 13 cards to 1-4 players, or 26 to 2 players
- deal face up or face down
- deal cascaded or stacked
- advance the dealer on each shuffle
Quick set-up of the deck, the deal and the hands for 19 different games
Animated random shuffling
Animated cut card feature
Drawing region on iPhone 5 and iPad screens to write notes
Please contact us with any questions, comments or suggestions. ContactUs@iPlayingCardsApp.com
Screen shots shown below:
1)Crazy 8’s - tilted to face player West - West is playing a King and changing the suit to Diamonds. South holds 12 cards.
2)Bridge – South bid 5 Diamonds, West played the Ace of Spades, North is Dummy and South is now playing the 8 of Spades. South will make 5 Diamonds if the King of Hearts finesse is on.
3)Texas hold ‘em tilted to face player South – pair of Kings awaiting the river card.
4)Same Texas hold ‘em but on second, Bluetooth-connected device tilted to face player East – two pair awaiting the river card. Card backing from second device's Photo Album.
5)Klondike Solitaire – the deal function is set to three cards to an adjacent pile, face up, cascaded.
What's New in Version 3.1
Better tilt control to reveal a hand in the direction of the tilt (NSEW).
Bug fix related to 'Deal'
- AED 7.29
- Category: Games
- Updated: 17 April 2014
- Version: 3.1
- Size: 57.4 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Peter Kramer
- © Peter B. Kramer 2010, 2011
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.