Learn Greek - WordPower
By Innovative Language Learning, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
WordPower Greek - The Ultimate Vocabulary Builder
Learn Greek with 2,000 of the Most Frequently Used Words and Phrases in the Greek language right on your iOS device with the new and improved WordPower Greek Vocabulary! Since the launch of iTunes App Store in 2008, WordPower Greek has helped language students like you learn essential Greek vocabulary and phrases related to shopping, going to the doctor, travel, technology, weather and more! The app doubles as a mini-travel guide packed with cultural insights and practical Greek phrases. Your journey to Greece begins right here, with WordPower Learn Greek Vocabulary presented by InnovativeLanguage.com.
The power of these 2,000 words and phrases:
According to the experts, "A vocabulary of 1,500 words is enough to comfortably participate in everyday conversations." WordPower Greek Vocabulary not only gives the core 1,500 words and phrases that make up a language, but also the tools to master them in the fastest and easiest way possible.
Will this application alone allow you to speak like a United Nations diplomat? Probably not. Will it empower you to function in everyday situations, understand the language spoken around you, and help you rapidly learn Greek? Absolutely YES!
What makes WordPower so effective? It's Fun, Fast and Easy to Use!
WordPower Learn Greek Vocabulary FEATURES:
- Completely redesigned UI. The user interface has been redesigned from the ground up to be much cleaner, beautiful, and more user friendly
- Support for iOS 6 and 4" Retina displays such as the iPhone 5 and 5th gen iPod Touch
- New! By popular demand, the Word of the Day feature of the Lite version is now included in the full version- Approximately 2,000 Words: The most essential Greek vocabulary all in one place showing you the spelling, translation, pronunciation, image, class, gender, alfaveeto, and romanization
- Thousands of Sample Sentences: See and hear practical sample sentences with every word entry
- New! Greek Local List: A special list of words specific to daily life in Greece. You’ll learn handy cultural insights with every entry transforming Word Power into a mini travel and cultural handbook (3G or WiFi required to access Wikipedia links within the app)
- New! Free Audio Lessons: Learn more than just words! Access the newest GreekPod101.com audio lessons when you sign up for a Free Lifetime Account within the app
- Updated! Basic Resources: Want to explore the Greek language even more? Learn everything you need to know with this comprehensive source of Greek learning tips, information and material
- Updated! Easy to Use Design: Intuitive iOS swipe navigation allows visual learners to browse vocabulary images quickly. Find everything you need without excessive swiping and tapping
- Custom Flashcard Settings: You're in control of your study sessions. Mix up question types (recognition, production, audio and visual) for a full understanding of each word
- Listening Practice: Hear each word's proper pronunciation by a native speaker
- Perfect your Pronunciation: Compare your pronunciation to the native speaker's with the Voice Recorder, easily accessible throughout the app
- Personalized Word Bank: Save difficult or useful words, with their audio files, to review at any time
- Advanced Search Function - Search entire database in English or Greek
- Progress Bar for keeping track of how many words you have really mastered
- Word View Options: Romanization can be turned on and off
What's New in Version 4.8
-NEW: by popular demand, you can now control the speed words and sentences are played back at! Just tap on the speaker icon in the top right of the screen and choose your speed: 0.5x, 1.0x, 1.5x, or 2x. You can also adjust the playback speed by going to Settings->Audio Settings.
-NEW: find a problem or error with a word or sentence? Tap the new red ! icon in the upper right of the word detail screen to send us an error report right from the app.
-NEW: tap and hold any text for a few seconds to bring up the option to copy it and then paste it wherever you'd like!
-NEW: don't like that the word of the day notification pops up at midnight? No problem. Just go into Settings->New Word Settings and choose what time you'd like your word of the day notification to be delivered!
-NEW: on the subject of the word of the day, now tapping on the word of the day notification will take you straight to it.
-FIXED: flashcard font magnification settings
-FIXED: fixes for iOS 9 and other general bug fixes.
- AED 24.99
- Category: Education
- Updated: 08 November 2015
- Version: 4.8
- Size: 91.9 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Innovative Language Learning, LLC
- © 2008-2015 Innovative Language Learning
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.