OpenSignal is the ultimate signal toolkit that shows you how to get a better network connection instantly, find nearby free Wifi hotspots worldwide, view signal maps so that you can compare performance of networks in your area and test the speed of your mobile or Wifi connection.
Unlike other apps, which look for maximum possible speed through optimized testing, OpenSignal informs you about your true speed - what you are likely to experience when normally using your phone. Anyone using the app contributes data, informing others about real-world, not estimated, mobile performance (and we'll never ask you for personal information, just your signal strength stats).
With OpenSignal you can map cellular coverage, find Wi-Fi hotspots, test and improve your reception & get faster data.
- Signal compass points you in the direction your signal is coming from
- Speed test for download, upload and latency
- Map of cell towers and Wifi hotspots
- Coverage maps allow you see the best/worst places for 2G, 3G and 4G
- Free and ad-free
Based on our community-generated data we are able to help keep you better connected by giving you a practical solution to the problems of slow mobile internet. Simply follow our signal compass to walk towards better phone signal or see our in-app copoverage maps to work out which carrier is best for where you are, useful if you're thinking about switching networks. Our wifi maps help you find local public-access wireless networks (Wifi hotspots).
Maps are not updated in real-time. Don’t worry though, we log the information you share with us to improve our coverage maps and performance information. We’re working hard to make sure the data you contribute to the project is available to everyone as quickly as possible.
- Not all towers and wireless hotspots are in our database - we’re working on it!
- Moving in the direction of your cell tower (the signal compass) will not always improve reception due to interference effects/local geography
- Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
If you read to here (!) you should really join the OpenSignal beta to help us improve the app, just email firstname.lastname@example.org if you're interested.
We've added a dialog for all users (new and existing), to make it clearer how we use your data and ask for your consent for this.
Ratings and Reviews
Where is wifi indicator for own network
Hi. I previously used this app to show my from where my wifi signal was entering to my room specially when it was weak. Now that functionality has been stripped off. Not everyone want to find the city wide stats. As basic function is lost. I am removing it.
Need to be accurate a lil more .. But a good app..
- OpenSignal Inc.
- 21.5 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Dutch, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish, Thai
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2017 OpenSignal, Inc
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.