By Paul Chatwin
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Percent Calculator is a tool which allows you to make percent related calculations instantly and effortlessly by simply entering two values.
Whilst percentage formulas are not necessarily complicated, they can quite often take some working out. If you deal with percentages in any way then this app will make your life easier.
Percent Calculator comes with EIGHT percentage tools:
1. Find the percent of a number
Use this option to find the percentage of a value. For example, what is 17.5% of 199.99? Answer is 35
2. Find the percent of a part value
For example, what percentage is 55 of 200? Answer = 27.50%
3. Find the percentage change from one value to another
For example, If an item originally cost 19.99 and now costs 17.99, by what percent has the price changed? Answer = 10.01%
4. Calculate the value that y% is of value x
For example, 245 if 15% of what value? Answer = 1633.33
5. Increase a number by a percentage
For example, what is 239 + 7%? Answer = 255.73
6. Decrease a number by a percentage
For example, what is 47.00 less 15%? Answer = 39.95
7. Calculate the original value after a percentage was deducted
For example, If you have an item that costs 140.00 and this was after a 30% deduction, what was the original price before the deduction? Answer = 200.00
8. Calculate the original value after a percentage was added
For example, If an item costs 19.99 including tax at 17.5%, what does the item cost excluding tax? Answer = 17.01
- Large easy to see numbers
- Clear and easy explanation of the answer
- Learn mode (Clearly explains how the calculation was made and the formula)
- Reverse inputs (tap the swap button to swap the input values around)
- User definable number of decimal places
- International Number formatting with large number separators
- Copy the answer to either input value or to the clipboard
- Save and Share
- Currency mode
We are always open to suggestions so please contact us if you have an idea you would like to see implemented.