By Jet Propulsion Laboratory
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
NASA's Spacecraft 3D is an augmented reality (AR) application that lets you learn about and interact with a variety of spacecraft that are used to explore our solar system, study Earth, and observe the universe. Using a printed AR Target and the camera on your mobile device, you can get up close with these robotic explorers, see how they move, and learn about the engineering feats used to expand our knowledge and understanding of space. Spacecraft 3D will be updated over time to include more of the amazing spacecraft that act as our robotic eyes on the earth, the solar system and beyond!
Please look forward to interacting with even more iconic NASA missions in future updates!
This app requires a camera.
What's New in Version 5.0
- Added a new category of spacecraft: Launch, featuring five rockets with animations that include stage separations, fairing separations, and more!
- Added six new models: Five rockets, including the Atlas V 551, the Atlas V 401, the Delta II, the Delta II Heavy, and the P-POD.
- An all-new interface, enabling the user to download only the models you choose for a lighter footprint.
- Category: Education
- Updated: 06 December 2016
- Version: 5.0
- Size: 279 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Jet Propulsion Laboratory
- © 2016 California Institute of Technology
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Wi-Fi (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation) and iPod touch (6th generation).