Vital Signs Camera - Philips
By Philips Innovation
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Measure your heart rate and breathing rate from a distance, simply by using the camera of your iPad or iPhone!
The first Health & Fitness app to measure heart rate and breathing rate from a distance that reached #1 in 75 countries!
Note: The Vital Signs Camera app has been released for all dual-core iOS devices with a front facing camera (iPad and iPhone). Remote heart rate measurement is not available on single-core iOS devices with a front facing camera (iPhone 4 and iPod Touch 4G).
Vital Signs Camera in the news:
BBC's "Monitor Me"- http://youtu.be/j53K54HW1ek?t=9m22s
Business Insider - Philips' Vital Signs Camera app is pure genius.
Wired - The app that performs this double-rainbow of technological magic is Philips Vital Signs Camera.
MacNewsWorld - Philips Vital Signs Camera is surprisingly accurate.
Cult of Mac - Its creators have labeled it an “amazing innovation,” and we’re inclined to agree.
This amazing breakthrough technology allows you to measure your vital signs in an easy and unobtrusive way at home*. It measures contactless and can even measure two people at the same time!
• Measures your heart rate from the changes in color of your face
• Measures your breathing rate from the motion of your chest
• Unobtrusive: no need to hold or even touch the iPad or iPhone!
• No additional hardware, just uses the camera and advanced video analysis software created by Philips Research.
How it works?
Your heartbeat causes small changes in the color of your face. These changes are not visible to the eye, but with advanced software the iPad or iPhone camera detects these "micro-blushes" to measure your heart rate.
When you breathe, your chest moves up and down. With advanced software, the iPad or iPhone camera tracks the movement of your chest to measure your breathing rate.
+ Use the history graphs to look at heart rate and breathing rate trends
+ Compare your measurements to your daily or hourly average
+ Export your history using iTunes
+ Share screenshots of your results online
+ Two hearts beat as one: measure the heart rate of two people at the same time!
Vital Signs Camera app – another amazing innovation by Philips!
* The Vital Signs Camera app is not intended for diagnosis or for clinical measurements, monitoring or decision making. Measurements and statistics are provided for entertainment purposes only.
What's New in Version 3.1.0
- New design layout
- Minor bug fixes
- AED 3.69
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: 07 May 2015
- Version: 3.1.0
- Size: 13.1 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Philips Electronics Nederland B.V.
- © 2011 Koninklijke Philips N.V. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5.