iCED Chinese Dictionary
By Murage Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
iCED Chinese Dictionary presents a unique way to use a Chinese dictionary. After you've found the entry you were searching for, iCED will continue to search for compound or component entries to complement your search. Component entry dissection allows you to quickly understand the meaning of components in longer words or phrases. For example, if you look up 中华人民共和国, iCED will also look up 中华 and 人民共和国. You can then select the latter to break it up into 人民 and 共和国. When you get to single characters, iCED will look up compound entries starting with that character.
This edition is ad-supported. Ads can be removed via an optional in-app purchase.
• Optimized for iPhone 5 and iOS 6.
• Hi-res images for iPhone 4's Retina display.
• iOS 4 compatibility, including fast-task switching and background download completion.
• iPad-optimized user interface.
• Internet connection not required after initial setup.
• Includes the Unihan character dictionary.
• Other dictionaries available for download: ¹ABC Chinese/English, ABC English/Chinese, CC-CEDICT, CDICT5.
• Integrated search across all dictionaries using English words, Chinese characters (using the Chinese hand recognition built into the iPhone OS), Hanyu Pinyin (with or without tones) and radical index.
• Search for the occurrence of a Chinese character or word anywhere in the entry. Browse through the list of results with a thumb index, sorted by where in the entry the search term was found (position 1, position 2, ...)
• Supports both traditional and simplified characters with an easy-toggle button. Great for learners who constantly flip back and forth!
• ²Word lists. Save your searches in categorized word lists for later review.
• Back up your wordlists to your Dropbox, MobileMe iDisk or third-party WebDAV-enabled disk.
• Option to search contents of clipboard on startup (or on app-switch to foreground on iOS 4)
• Recents tab keeps track of searches for quick review.
• Supports landscape mode, with portrait/landscape lock.
• CC-CEDICT 2009-08-04 (86,588 entries)
• ABC CE Comprehensive 2009-06 (201,138 entries)
• ABC EC Dictionary 2009-06 (18,630 entries)
This free edition can be upgraded via in-app purchases to all the functionality of the other editions.
Follow us on Twitter @ murageinc
¹ The ABC dictionaries are published by the University of Hawaii Press and use American English. The "ABC Chinese-Engish Comprehensive Dictionary" and "ABC English-Chinese Dictionary" are available as optional in-app purchases.
² You can create up to 4 word lists. Unlimited number of wordlists available via optional in-app purchase.
What's New in Version 3.4.1
• iPad fix for UI issue on startup.
• iPad fix for auto-index selection not working when right panel is blank.
Please report bugs to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Reference
- Updated: 01 December 2012
- Version: 3.4.1
- Size: 25.2 MB
- Languages: English, French, Simplified Chinese
- Developer: Murage Inc.
- © 2008-2011 Murage Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5.