By Human Media
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
mLumbarMicroDiscectomy is an information resource for the surgical procedure known as a lumbar posterior discectomy. It presents surgical visualizations, medical images and educational notes for anyone seeking an introductory understanding of the procedure.
• Alternative Name – alternative name for a lumbar microdiscectomy
• Disc Herniation - possible symptoms of a lumbar disc herniation
• Cauda Equina Syndrome - the reasons for performing an urgent discectomy
• Spontaneous Repair - spontaneous natural alleviation of a herniated disc’s symptoms
• Nerve Compression - how a microdiscectomy is performed to remove pressure on the nerves and not to reduce back pain
• Indications – the reasons for performing a lumbar microdiscectomy
• Alternatives – alternative treatments to performing a lumbar microdiscectomy
• Surgical Goals – clinical goals when performing a lumbar microdiscectomy
• Surgical Technique – illustrates the surgical procedure
• Medical Imaging - images of patients
• No Smoking – the importance of not smoking before the procedure
• Expectations – reasonable clinical expectations following a lumbar microdiscectomy
• Rehabilitation – what is usually required following a lumbar microdiscectomy
• Physical Therapy – importance of lifelong back care
• detailed education
• anatomically accurate
• improved understanding, commitment, outcomes and satisfaction
mLumbarMicroDiscectomy is part of the lumbar spine library of patient education applications. Anatomate-apps have a range of spine apps including the reference apps iSpineCare, iSpineOperations and iSpinePainManagement.
What's New in Version 1.3.1
• Medical image notes and annotations are now kept on-screen with device rotations
- USD 2.99
- Category: Medical
- Updated: 04 December 2014
- Version: 1.3.1
- Size: 66.9 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Human Media Pty Ltd
- © Copyright 2009-2014 Human Media. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.