Improve your English pronunciation today with Say It! Hear the Oxford English model, see the soundwave, then record and compare your pronunciation. Comes with 100 free British English words, 4 tests and 12 sounds, taken from the best-selling English File course and Oxford's dictionaries. It's quick, effective and fun to use.
To build your English pronunciation, fluency and confidence further, Say It offers additional words, tests and sounds to buy in the app - including 35,000 British English or American English words, and the iconic English File Sound Bank chart. Words are downloaded to your device, so the app works offline - no need for an internet connection once it's installed.
Record yourself saying each word and then compare your pronunciation to the Oxford English model recording. Instant, personalised audio-visual feedback will help you identify precisely what you need to improve. Share the recording of your pronunciation, and the soundwave image of your recording, via email with a friend or teacher, directly from the app.
Say It was the 2016 Winner of the English-Speaking Union President's Award for New Technology in ELT.
- Listen to the individual sounds in each word with interactive phonetic spelling (IPA)
- Identify difficult sections in each word by slowing down the recordings – just touch and drag
- Learn how to improve your English accent by comparing your soundwave and stress marker against the model example
- Keep track of your progress - add a star rating to save recordings to your My Words list
- Test yourself across 3 levels or tap shuffle to try any word in the dictionary
- Use it on your own, with friends, or in class with your teacher
If you are a visual learner, improve your pronunciation using the English File Sound Bank chart. It’s designed to help you connect tricky sounds to words and images, making learning easier. Tap an illustration to hear individual sounds from the phonetic alphabet and hear how it is pronounced as part of a word.
Teachers - your students will love to use Say It in class! Learners are highly engaged when they see the spelling, IPA, syllable blocks and soundwave in large format. Children enjoy hearing the sound sequence in a word using the 'touch and drag' slow play.
Users of the original version of Say It will be given access to their current content, plus additional words and features when they update.
Say It offers access to large American and British English wordlists - please be aware that it can take a few minutes to download them, depending on your WIFI access and your device.
We have been working hard on the app to ensure that it continues to be the perfect companion to the English File course.
- We have implemented new technology which will improve the app's stability.
- An audio issue has been fixed where certain elements did not play after you switched between applications.
We hope you continue to improve your pronunciation with the Say It: English Pronunciation app!
- Oxford University Press ELT
- 89.7 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- 2019 © Oxford University Press
- In-App Purchases
- English File Words USD 1.99
- British Words and Sound Chart USD 4.99
- American English Words USD 3.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.