1Password - Password Manager and Secure Wallet
By AgileBits Inc.
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
◆ Mac App Store Best of 2013 and Macworld 2013 Editors’ Choice Award! ◆
Have you ever forgotten a password? 1Password can remember them all for you and keep them secure. All you need to remember is your Master Password.
Loved and used by millions. Try 1Password today!
STAY SECURE WITH 1PASSWORD
Every day there are new passwords to remember. If you create new ones they are often forgotten. If you use the same passwords over and over again you become vulnerable. 1Password solves all these problems.
◆ Create strong, unique passwords for every site
◆ Secure your data behind a single Master Password
◆ Protect yourself with tamper-proof Authenticated 256-bit AES Encryption
◆ Auto-Lock keeps your data protected even if your Mac is lost or stolen
◆ Use Security Audit to make your passwords stronger
BE MORE PRODUCTIVE WITH 1PASSWORD
1Password not only keeps you secure with strong and unique passwords, it also makes you more productive.
◆ Automatically log into websites using your favorite browsers
◆ Fill credit cards and signup forms with a single click
◆ Quickly access your data from anywhere using 1Password mini
◆ Open websites and automatically submit login information using Go & Fill bookmarks
◆ Never again waste time on forgotten passwords
PROTECT MORE THAN JUST PASSWORDS
1Password allows you to store a lot more than just website logins. Keep all your important information available at your fingertips.
◆ Store Credit Cards, Secure Notes, Passports, Bank Accounts, and much more
◆ Easily remember website Security Questions and generate secure answers
◆ Securely store documents and images
◆ Never leave home without your important information again
EVERY DEVICE HAS EVERY LOGIN
1Password supports all your favorite devices. Keep your critical information with you wherever you go.
◆ iCloud support means secure syncing with Apple simplicity
◆ Dropbox support provides cross-platform syncing and sharing
◆ Use custom folder sync to sync computers within the security of your own network
SECURELY SHARE WITH FAMILY OR TEAM MEMBERS
1Password allows you to organize your data into multiple vaults and securely share them with others. Use separate vaults to choose what you share and who you share it with.
◆ Share business logins with your co-workers
◆ Create a family vault to share with your spouse
◆ Distribute encryption keys with your development team
◆ Exchange accounts and documents with your clients
◆ Relieve the burden of estate planning for your loved ones
The possibilities are endless! Best of all you can securely sync your vaults so everyone always has the latest information.
AND MUCH MUCH MORE
◆ Full support for OS X Mountain Lion and Mavericks
◆ Mark your most used items as Favorites
◆ Organize your data with Folders and Tags
◆ Save powerful searches as Smart Folders
◆ No subscription or other fees
◆ Available in 17 languages
◆ Free support from a world-class Customer Support team
LOVED AND USED BY MILLIONS
1Password has won many awards, including:
◆ Mac|Life Editor’s Choice with a rating of “Awesome!”
◆ Macworld Eddy Award Winner
◆ Mac App Store Best of 2013
◆ Featured by CNN
◆ iMore Mac Utility App of 2013
◆ TUAW Best Mac Apps of 2013
◆ The Mac Observer 2013 Editors Choice Award
◆ Mac App Store Best of 2011
◆ Macworld’s App Hall of Fame
While we love these awards, we’re most proud of the fact that millions of people love and use 1Password.
WE’D LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU
We love 1Password and strive to make it the best it can be. We’d love to hear from you and see how we can make it even better.
Please share your comments by emailing us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to hearing from you :)
What's New in Version 4.1.2
We have some great new features and fixes in this update based on your feedback. Please continue sharing it with us at email@example.com. We love hearing from you!
New and Improved in 4.1.2:
• Added "Lock when fast user switching" preference in Preferences > Security.
• Import from CSV now populates custom fields in the items.
• 1Password will now use the icon from installed applications for Software Licenses.
• Rebooting no longer causes sync to fail when using a custom location in the Dropbox folder.
• Fixed problem where 1Password could send the wrong item to Trash when using View > Item List Layout > Top.
• Other fixes and improvements.
New and Improved in 4.1:
Top Item List Layout
• Display your items as a multi-column display (View->Item List Layout->Top).
• Sort, order and resize columns to match your needs.
Search All Fields
• Select search by Title or search across All Fields.
• Expand an existing search result to include All Fields if your item is not found.
• Ability to print an individual item through the Share menu.
• Print your entire list of items through File->Print...
• You can now Tag and assign a Folder when saving a Login from the browser.
• When changing a password you can select whether to save a new Login or update the existing one.
• Redundant generated passwords are now removed after saving or updating a Login.
Custom Password Fields
• Add custom password fields to your items (for example, website security questions).
• Convert existing text fields into concealed password fields.
Adding Support for...
• Yandex Browser.
• Dutch and Afrikaans localization.
• Fixed problem where WiFi sync would not work when syncing large number of items from the iOS device.
• Fixed problem where sync won't start automatically after items are imported.
• Fixed problem where WiFi sync might duplicate item URLs when a conflict is detected.
• 1Password will now auto-lock on inactivity timeout when computer wakes up from sleep.
• All values copied to clipboard are now marked with org.nspasteboard.ConcealedType (http://nspasteboard.org).
• Attachment cache is now cleared when 1Password app is closed.
Top-notch app and support team!
I've been using 1Password since version 3.8.21 and it honestly keeps getting better. As some users have mentioned, the task 1Password undertakes is ambitious. Websites can use so many different stylings on their web forms, and it's impossible to get them right every time. That said, I have found it pretty easy to meet it halfway and manually input the data whenever necessary. For example, my online banking's normal login page doesn't accept input from 1Password, but I discovered the timeout/log-back-in screen does, so that's the URL stored on that login card. Voilà!
I also love the fact that I can sync data either with the USB Sync app (I'm still running Lion & 1Pass3 at home) or via iCloud for 1Pass4 and nothing gets lost or wonky. It's a pleasure to know that not all developers feel the need to force you to upgrade your entire system to be compatible with the latest OS, just so you can continue to use their software.
AgileBits support staff are the absolute best--I've had to contact them a few times and they are invariably friendly AND proactive. Give these guys your money if you're looking for a fantastic password management app that really does a lot more. Highly recommend this app, it is worth every penny.
Excellent at what it does
I moved into 1Password a few years ago, buying the Mac and iOS versions, and I use it every day. It does very well at a very difficult problem—managing logins for thousands of different websites, all of which have slight variations in how they handle authentication. It doesn’t work perfectly on every website, but I don’t blame the app for that—a lot of places, especially banks, have weird authentication schemes.
But as a way of keeping all my sensitive information secure, it works great. Dropbox sync works seamlessly. The cmd-\trigger that fills in your info has become second nature. And the mini-app and browser extensions all coordinate beautifully.
My only quibble is that creating a new login is not as seamless or intuitive as I’d like—the app doesn’t provide clear enough feedback as to when a new record has been successfully saved. But I invest the minute or two that it takes, in the interest of having a good password database.
You can’t really expect any one app to be able to handle every kind of login—websites, apps, wireless networks--seamlessly. But this one comes closer than anything else I’ve seen. I bought all three versions and have definitely gotten my money’s worth.
Don’t See the Hype
I looked a lot at 1Password and various other password software platforms out there, but in the end, all the positive reviews on this swayed me. I don’t have hundreds of logins to keep track of, but was interested in having increased security for some of my banking sites that I use. After using it for a couple of weeks, I really don’t see what is so great about this program. Much of that is partly because I paid $35 for the Mac version and then another $10 for my iphone and some of the most important sites I try to access won’t even work with it. First and foremost, I want it to work for several sites I access regularly…mainly my banking sites….FAIL. It’s pretty disappointing to spend nearly $50 and then have to mess around every time I want to login to one of these sites. I’ve only set up 23 logins and 5 don’t work…not a very good percentage. It seems to have issues when sites have multiple login pages. One site I set up kept putting my user ID in the search box on the website….frustrating.
I like the security of the program and having all my logins/passwords in one location, but other than that I don’t see to pull to this.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Jan 10, 2014
- Version: 4.1.2
- Size: 33.8 MB
- Languages: English, Afrikaans, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: AgileBits Inc.
- Copyright © 2013 AgileBits Inc.
Compatibility: OS X 10.8.4 or later, 64-bit processor