Flipboard: Your Social News Magazine
By Flipboard Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Flipboard is your personal magazine, at your desk, in your back pocket or on your wrist. Filled with stories, photos and videos on any interest, it’s a single place to keep up with your world. And now, if you want just a few highlights, the top ten stories can be sent right to your Apple Watch. Scan a summary, save it to a Flipboard magazine or share it with a friend. Collecting and sharing stories you care about has never been easier.
Flipboard is your personal magazine. Used by millions of people everyday, it's a single place to follow topics that interest you and share stories, videos and photos with friends.
To start, pick a few topics, and Flipboard creates your personal magazine. You can always add more as you find new topics, magazines or interesting people to follow.
Read world class publications like The New York Times, PEOPLE magazine, Fast Company, and Vanity Fair on Flipboard -- find any source with the search bar. You can also connect Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn to Flipboard and flip through pictures and posts from friends.
Save stories by using the + button on anything in Flipboard and collect it into your own magazine - an excellent way to package articles around your passions. You can see all your magazines in your Flipboard Profile. For more on how to make your own magazine, visit www.flipboard.com.
Download Flipboard and get started today—it’s free!
KEEP UP ON FLIPBOARD:
For tips and other helpful information visit our website http://www.flipboard.com and follow us via @flipboard on Twitter or on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/flipboard.
To learn more about how to use Flipboard, visit our Support Page. http://flipboard.com/support
If you are having technical issues or have any questions, contact us at http://flip.it/support.
Plus more great features:
• Collect stories you love into your own magazine. Tap the “+” button on any story, select ‘create a magazine’ and collect favorite stories, images or videos.
• Manage all your magazines in a convenient dashboard at https://editor.flipboard.com/
• Read The Daily Edition to quickly check the news you need for your day, with stories hand-picked by our editorial staff.
• Go to your Flipboard to check what’s happening now. Use the home button on iPhone (or Cover Stories on iPad) to see highlights across everything you’re following.
• Enjoy Flipboard in 24 localized editions—for Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Italy, Japan, Korea, Latin America, Malaysia, Netherlands, Philippines, Russia, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Taiwan, Turkey, U.S., U.K., U.S. Latino.
• On iPad, explore hundreds of staff picks in the Content Guide (tap the red ribbon at the top), including must-read magazines and blogs, gorgeous photography and special curated sections devoted to the news of the day and other interests.
• Add content from the web to your Flipboard magazines through the bookmarklet at share.flipboard.com.
What's New in Version 3.2.6
-Further customize your Flipboard by muting content sources that you don't want to see.
Trending does not equal interesting or newsworthy
If you tag a political figure, you'll see articles about them that are flagrant clickbait (biased, badmouthing), as well as newsworthy items you care about. You can't set options to not show wing-nut content, or to ignore conservative or liberal content. You can only tell FlipBoard (over and over again) that you want to see less of a topic. That's a slow process. But the topic you want to see less of isn't always available as an option. If you don't want to see anything involving Kanye West, The Kardashians, Nicky Minaj, Miley Cyrus, etc, there's no option for that. If any of these people are seen at the same ceremony as Paul McCartney and you have Paul McCartney tagged, you'll see ridiculous articles about them too, including an article that used the word "nipples" and showed a photo of Cyrus wearing pasties. You can also tell Flipboard that you want to see less of a source, but only some sources and not others, like Fox News. I liked Zite much better.
Update: I'll be looking into Zite.
New: it's stupid that you can't suppress People or other publications. Wonder who's funding your business? Hmm.
Old: I was basically forced to find a new rss reader when pulse (yes, I know 😳) entirely stopping working for me after an update. And my searching led me here.
If you have specific content you're looking for, it takes a Lot of effort to set it up exactly how you want. But the payoff is well worth the effort. If you just subscribe to topics you're interested in, it's as simple as can be.
I do a little bit of both as I'm still figuring out the ropes, and I wish there was a way to 'unsubscribe' from a specific magazine regardless of your chosen topics. It tends to clutter your feed and I find that I'll get repeat articles on my home page which is also a nuisance, I'm not sure how you can drill down to suppress articles already displayed. I'm sure I'll come up with more wish list changes as I continue to play with my setup, but as a stand alone app, I love it.
New version ruined email forwarding!
I know it may seem trivial, but you guys have made a large mistake with the new email sharing in the app. Many of my friends have multiple email addresses and when I want to forward an article to them I like to be able to choose the email address, but alas, I can only see the contact name NOT the email address itself, so guess what? I no longer forward the article.
Why is this bad for Flipboard?
Well, I have over 3000 contacts in my database and I used to forward many articles on to many different people as way of sharing. Many of these people learned about Flipboars because of my shares. . . Well now they will not be receiving my emails any longer. There are consequences for your "improvements". Also, if there is a way to see the email addresses I have not found it and I've looked so that does not bode well for your new design. Please revise and try again.
- Category: News
- Updated: Apr 14, 2015
- Version: 3.2.6
- Size: 25.7 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Seller: Flipboard, Inc.
- © 2010-2015 Flipboard Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.