Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
With a streamlined design and intuitive Multi-Touch gestures, iMovie lets you enjoy your videos and tell stories like never before. Browse your video library, share favorite moments, create beautiful movies, and watch them on all your devices in iMovie Theater. And with the iMovie extension, it’s fast and fun to make every video more memorable — right in the Photos app.
Browse and share your videos
• Enjoy all your videos in the full-screen Video browser
• Quickly share a clip or a portion of a clip
• Mark favorite moments to easily find them later
Make Hollywood-style trailers
• Choose from 14 trailer templates with stunning graphics and original scores by some of the world’s top film composers
• Customize movie studio logos, cast names, and credits
• Select the best videos and photos for your trailer with the help of animated drop zones
• Record video for your trailer right in iMovie
Create beautiful movies
• Use 3D Touch on iPhone 6s to quickly start a new project from the Home Screen or Peek at a movie from the Projects browser
• Choose from 8 unique themes with matching titles, transitions, and music
• Give your movie the perfect look with 10 Apple-designed video filters
• Enhance your movie with slow motion, fast forward, picture-in-picture, and split-screen effects*
• Create a soundtrack using built-in music and sound effects, songs from your music library, and your own narration
• Connect a keyboard and use simple shortcuts to edit movies quickly
• Use the iMovie extension to enhance video clips right in the Photos app
• Easily transfer projects between your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch using AirDrop or iCloud Drive
• Send any project to your computer via AirDrop or iCloud Drive to finish editing with iMovie for Mac
• Share your finished movies and trailers to iMovie Theater and watch them on all your devices with iCloud, including Apple TV*****
Share with friends and family
• Send videos with Mail and Messages
• Save to your photo library or share to YouTube in 4K or 1080p60**
• Share directly to Facebook and Vimeo
• Save videos and iMovie project files to iCloud Drive
• Share videos and iMovie project files with AirDrop***
• Use AirPlay to wirelessly stream video to your HDTV with Apple TV****
* 2x speed-up is available on iPhone 5s, iPad Air, iPad mini with Retina display, and later devices.
** 4K support is available on iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPad Air 2, and iPad Pro.
*** AirDrop requires an iCloud account and is available on iPhone 5, iPad (4th generation), iPad Air, iPad mini, iPod touch (5th generation), and later devices.
**** AirPlay requires Apple TV (2nd generation) or later.
***** To view iMovie Theater on Apple TV (4th Generation), you must download the iMovie Theater app from the App Store.
What's New in Version 2.2.2
• Resolves a stability issue when using Display Zoom on iPad Pro
• Stability improvements
It Needs More
iMovie is great and everything but it needs more. I want to be able to create videos that zoom in, I want to cut clips as short as 1 second, I want better transitions, I want so much more than what the iMovie app offers.
I see all these amazingly edited videos from Instagram and I always ask what they use and they say," iMovie." And since I don't have an apple computer, I decided to just download the app. But I noticed that the computer version of iMovie has more editing options than the app. So I went and researched other apps similar to iMovie that are free and no in-app purchases, but iMovie is the one and only. It's perfect, just all it needs is a little more.
the update did not help. I'll be making an edit that's about 2-3 minutes long and then I'll take a break and when I come back, all my clips and audios are messed up. for example, I'll out an audio in a certain spot and when I come back it'll be playing too early in the video. Or be oddly blended in with another audio. And I also will trim a clip to a certain length, but when I check it later it'll be longer and mess up the rest of the video. It's hard to fix when you are working with a phone and a 2-3 minute video. I've been having this issue for nearly 9 months now. Please figure out what the problem is or I'll be done using iMovie.
Best video editing app
The app is pretty smooth. I like that it has editing tools like spit, transition, filters, speed. You can also add text and music. The app is in my opinion the easy choice for video editing on the phone. the only two things i would add would be to be able to manipulate if even a little bit the exposure. Also there should be an option to duplicate and save the original video to the app, that way if the original video is deleted, the project doesn't become useless.
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Apr 20, 2016
- Version: 2.2.2
- Size: 647 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Apple Inc.
- © 2013-2015 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.