By tempo rubato
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Professional Virtual Analogue Synthesizer ::: check nlogmusic at YouTube :::
NLogPoly Synth app is a polyphonic and multi-timbral virtual analogue synth with optional free plug-in version (Audio Unit & VST, see below). For set-up support, please use email!
You have 8 synths in one and each itself is polyphonic. Each synth has 4 OSCs, 2 FILTER, 4 ENVs & 4 LFOs plus its individual effect bank. In multi-layer set-up you have thus a polyphonic hyper-synth with 32 OSCs, 16 FILTERs etc.
Plug-In version supporting Audio Units and VST (OS X only) for direct integration into Apple's Logic X, GarageBand, MainStage, Steinberg's Cubase, Presonus' StudioOne or Ableton's Live etc. can be downloaded at http://www.temporubato.com/plugin for free. The plug-in version requires to have NLogPoly Synth already installed.
Exchange sound patches with iPad app "NLogSynth PRO" and read patches from iOS app "NLog MIDI Synth."
The synth supports Apple's CoreMIDI and CoreAudio technologies, so all compatible devices can be used.
A PROFESSIONAL GRADE SYNTH
- 224 FACTORY SOUNDS
- including fresh new sound set by the trance producer 7 Skies (www.7skies-music.com)
- ENDLESS options for SOUND EDITING
- Over one 150 parameters and options
- Store up to 96 own edits in 3 user banks
- STUDIO QUALITY
- Internal floating point engine
- Highly efficient sound algorithms
- FAT & RICH SOUNDS
- New filter implementation for SMOOTH and JUICY control with 7 FILTER types
- UNISONO mode for parallel sounds with detune, delay and panning control
=== SOUND editing features ===
- 4 Oscillators with 20 waveforms:
- classic analogue SIN, SAWTOOTH, TRIANGLE and SQUARE
- 16 additional carefully designed wavetables
- True PWM pulse-width modulation
- Modulated by LFO or envelope
- Frequency modulation
- Sinusoidal and complex waveforms
- Modulation by LFO and envelope
- Ring modulation
- Old school electronic effect
- Noise generator
- Individual modulation by LFO and envelope
- 2 Filter with 7 filter types
- Low Passes, High Passes & Band Passes
- Finest sweeps and smoothest cutoff tuning
- Carefully resonating
- 12 & 24dB option for steepness
- 4 Envelope generators
- Attack, Decay, Sustain and Release
- Velocity controlled attack time
- Slope control
- 4 Modulation LFOs
- 4 waveforms
- Sample & hold
- Fade in delay
- Modulation Matrix
- 4 Modulation slots each modulating 3 destinations
- Multi-effect section
- Stereo delay with cross-feed and damping filter
- parametric EQ
The Audio Units logo is a trademark of Apple Computer, Inc.
VST is a trademark of Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH.
All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.
What's New in Version 5.3
- fixing bugs when selecting other voices than main
Amazing sounds can come from this synth. for $12 it’s a good deal, as it also provides au/vst plugin when you purchase the app. The interface is smooth and easy to work with. It’s easy to explore and make complex sounds. I do have a few complaints/bugs that I want to say about this app, but it’s still an impressive synth and I recommend it.
- I get the error sound a lot while playing Nlog with the computer keyboard. It usually happens after I save a patch or when I open other applications. Clicking the osc tab in Nlog fixes it sometimes without having to quit the app.
- Nlog VST usually crashes when I try to save a sound patch. I don’t have this problem with the standalone app.
- There should be that “roll the dice” feature for randomizing sounds as there aren’t many patches to choose from.
- I don’t like how the whole sound bank system is setup. You can’t really organize or group your sounds. You can only save up to 96, which may be why I can’t come across any patches online. I don’t know how to share my patches unless I’m using VST. I think this was poorly implemented. I think it would make a huge difference if they come up with a different way to manage and view your sounds.
Lots of fun and very flexible
I'm not a musician or composer, but I am an electrical engineer, so I understand the theory of synths better than the average person even if I can't play one competently (I've actually built a couple, way back when..). I was really impressed with this app's control over the waveforms and its depth of features. If you just want to make some very cool sounds, this app will do that right out of the starting gate. A person could spend hours tinkering with the waveform and envelope controls. A great value for about US$12.
Great Sounds, Great Price
I cannot believe the incredible sounds that came with this synth, especially for the price! You cannot beat the value of this purchase. Lush, full sounds, all for around $13. This has become one of my top go-to synths in making music. It works great with Ableton Live, in case you were concerned about using this as an AU/VST plugin.