Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Numbers is the most innovative spreadsheet app ever designed for a mobile device. Created exclusively for iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch, Numbers includes support for Multi-Touch gestures and Smart Zoom so you can create powerful spreadsheets using just your fingers.
Start with one of over 30 Apple-designed templates for your home budget, checklist, invoice, mortgage calculator, and more. Choose from over 250 powerful functions. Tap to add tables, charts, text, and images anywhere on the free-form canvas. Touch and drag your finger to reorder columns and rows and to resize tables. Double-tap a cell to bring up the intelligent keyboard that helps you enter text, formulas, dates and times, or duration. Animate your data with interactive column, bar, scatter, and bubble charts. And with an all-new calculation engine, Numbers is faster than ever before.
With iCloud built in, your spreadsheets are kept up to date across all your devices. You can instantly share a spreadsheet using just a link, giving others the latest version and the ability to edit it directly with Numbers for iCloud beta from www.icloud.com using a Mac or PC browser.
And with a new unified file format across the Mac, iOS, and the web, your spreadsheets are consistently beautiful everywhere you open them.
Get started quickly
• Stunning new user interface designed to match iOS 7
• Over 30 Apple-designed templates give your spreadsheets a beautiful start
• Double-tap a cell to access the intelligent keyboard to add text, formulas, dates and times, and more
• Numbers is faster than ever before, with an all-new calculation engine
• Reorder columns and rows, and resize tables, with a touch and a drag
• Import and edit Microsoft Excel and CSV files using Mail, a WebDAV service, or iTunes File Sharing
• Turn on Coaching Tips for guided in-app help
• Place tables, charts, text, and images anywhere on the free-form canvas
• Update tables, charts, text, and images using beautiful preset styles
• Insert photos and video with the Media Browser
• Create a form to quickly enter data on the go
• Edit down to the pixel with rulers, alignment guides, and powerful graphics tools
• Choose from over 250 powerful functions
• Get built-in help and sample formulas for each function
• Sort columns in ascending or descending order
• Hide or unhide rows and columns
• Turn filters on and off in imported spreadsheets
• Insert gorgeous 2D and 3D charts
• Animate data with new interactive column, bar, scatter, and bubble charts
• Change values in cells using sliders, steppers, checkboxes, pop-ups, and star ratings
• Use Undo to go back through your previous changes
• Turn on iCloud so you can access and edit your spreadsheets from your Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, and iCloud.com
• Access and edit your spreadsheets from a Mac or PC browser at www.icloud.com with Numbers for iCloud beta
• Numbers automatically saves your documents as you make changes
Share your work
• Use AirDrop to send your spreadsheet to anyone nearby
• Quickly and easily share a link to your work via Mail, Messages, Twitter, or Facebook
• Anyone with a shared document link will always have access to the latest version of the spreadsheet and can edit it with you at iCloud.com with Numbers for iCloud beta
• Export your spreadsheet to CSV, PDF, and Microsoft Excel
• Use “Open in Another App” to copy spreadsheets to apps such as Dropbox
• Print wirelessly with AirPrint, including a single tab, or all tabs
Some features may require Internet access; additional fees and terms may apply.
Numbers does not include support for some Chinese, Japanese, or Korean (CJK) text input features such as vertical text.
Numbers for iCloud beta is currently available in English only.
What's New in Version 2.2
• New "view only" setting lets you share spreadsheets you want others to view but not edit
• Search spreadsheets by name
• Progress indicator for calculations
• Control the z-order of bubble chart labels
• Faster CSV import
• Improved Microsoft Excel compatibility
• Usability improvements
I RARELY write reviews for anything, let alone apps, but I'm absolutely in love with this app. I keep boa constricters and I've seen apps specifically made to keep track of their care go for as much as $25. Why would I spend that kind of money to use someone else's set up when I can create personalized spreadsheets for my individual animals? AND, it backs up to iCloud, so I have the ease of adding information on the go when my iPad isn't convenient and it'll automatically reflect on both devices. I haven't come upon another need for the app yet, but I can't imagine it falling short of spectacular with anything that can come up. The more settings I toy with, the more I love the app.
a bit clunky
Overall, I like Numbers. It's more useful than not, but it still falls short of a few features. On my wish-list for the next update, I'd really like conditional formatting. Also, the functions are a little clunky and feels awkward to use at times. Probably a side effect of a touch screen device, which means that the clunkiness can't really be improved upon. Hopefully that's not the case.
Thanks for the app!
1-star = terrible on all levels
2-stars = good idea, but needs a lot of improvement
3-stars = good idea and good overall app, but lacks functionality/features
4-stars = great, but it has its quarks
5-stars = amazing! very rare and difficult to earn
I was really excited about getting this app, because I need to make spreadsheets on the go and don't have the ability to carry around my laptop or an iPad. The clean and pretty structure is a great start and it is simple and easy to use. However, I'm assuming that the latest update left it with a few flaws. I literally just started using it today, and find that the double-click to edit text within a cell often populates the text box at the top of my screen, but no keyboard. When I back out of the app and open it again, it works for a few cells and then stops. I can only type in my cells sometimes, which renders this app useless to me. At this point, I just wasted $10. I really hope Apple gets this fixed ASAP.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Apr 01, 2014
- Version: 2.2
- Size: 239 MB
- Languages: English, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Apple Inc.
- © 2010 - 2014 Apple Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.