100 Rogues is being featured by Apple as a "Great Role-Playing Game" and is first on the list of GamePro's "36 Best iPhone Games". Need we say more? Start playing today and battle over 60 villains!
... About 100 Rogues ...
100 Rogues is a dungeon crawling adventure for iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch.
... Reviews ...
• "One of the most captivating, refined & rewarding games on the App Store" - Touch Arcade
• "100 Rogues blends arcade thrills with engrossing dungeon crawling. It's the very best of both worlds" - Mobot
• "100 Rogues will take its place as one of the best role-playing games" - Pocket Gamer
• "This might be the best RPG on the iPhone to date." - Final Level
• "In presentation, gameplay, & charm, 100 Rogues excels" - GameZebo
• "100 Rogues has taken me by the heartstrings and drives me by them as if they were reigns" - NoDPad
• "Those of you looking for strategic challenge with RPG elements now have the perfect game" - Appolicious Advisor
• "Dungeon crawling with a strategic twist" - TouchGen
• "Retro music & distinctive monster designs smother 100 Rogues with sweet, sweet eye & ear candy" - App Safari
... Features ...
• A mix of handcrafted and randomly generating maps.
• Three unique player classes - with completely different skill trees and abilities. Plus, a monster class of characters with wildly different abilities and strategy requirements.
• Discover swords, axes, daggers, throwing knives, rocks, food, potions, scrolls, armor and gold as well as many rare items.
• Over 60 fun, challenging monsters – including Skybabies, Robots, Ghosts, Candy Clowns and Gummy Rats, each with unique tactics and weaknesses.
• Original artwork & arcade-style music – An original score & vivid pixel art make 100 Rogues a visual and aural pleasure.
• More – Future additions of a fourth playable class, challenges, another environment, and more!
New maps! Gone forever are long hallways and aimless wandering. Enjoy more efficient exploration.
New maps prevent any instances of missing exits, dead-end hallways or other map problems seen previously
Fixes bug causing end boss health to be extremely low
Fixes bug causing Skill descriptions to be drawn offscreen on 4-inch devices
Ratings and Reviews
If you're looking for a good roguelike...
...you found one. Great little roguelike all around - interesting characters and strategies, good graphics, comedic air to the whole game. Fun experience.
However, I do have some complaints. 1) There are some rough edges: text gets cut off in some long item descriptions, sometimes (rarely) monsters seem to get stuck and just sit there as you pummel them, music seems to just cut off after entering a new floor (maybe by design?). 2) The dungeons themselves are... plain. Coming from CQ2, which has a wide variety of environments, houses with doors and furnitures, bushes to hide in, etc., dungeons in this game feel very limited. (On the upside though, enemies are much more interesting here.) 3) just 2 classes and others through IAP, after a price tag of $3, just feels cheap. The 2 monster classes do not make up for it - those feel more like a bonus rather than core content.
Anyway despite the cons I recommend this game. I had a craving for another roguelike after beating CQ2 and this game's hitting the spot.
Still Quirky Fun
This game IS 5 stars. But three years ago, due to waning support and an ambitious attempt by a small studio of three people (at the time... I think? Maybe four) to port this to computer system, the latest version was broken. It's still 90% there. It's STILL worth your time. And repeated gaming unlocks rewards such as better weapon and armor drops from treasure chests for your quirky characters...
I just miss the buff/debuff glyphs which worked for or against your character. Sometime they buffed enemy NPCs. This lead to interesting strategizing. Plus, a "monster character" still has an ability in its skill tree where it lays down these glyphs... but the glyphs are inert.
Then there's the ability to lock up to four times in a cute little blue locker that sometimes spawns outside the reachable map. Sometime you can only reach it with the Fearies teleport skill. It's frustrating.
Would it be too hard to restore an earlier iteration of the game to the App Store in an "update"?
Like I said. These are small gripes. The game is STILL worth your time. Only a pro rougelike player can beat it in a single night on their first try. This game has relatively deep strategy to keep casual gamers coming back. Check it out. And the art is great!
Fun for casuals and hardcore gamers alike!
While I'm not usually a fan of roguelikes I found myself thoroughly absorbed in this game. I am an avid gamer but still consider myself a noob to this genre, but it was so intuitive and fun to play i found myself easily diving in and enjoying every minute of the game. I do wish I had the option of turning hunger of though. Game gets hard enough without it and while I would play the majority of the time with it on so as to play the game in its "truest form", I'd still like the option to turn it off when I just want to play leisurely while just enjoying the characters and hysterical writing. (Sorry for the long run on sentence, but I'm not really sorry so whatever...)
- Fusion Reactions
- 64.2 MB
- Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, German
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © 2010 - 2014 Fusion Reactions
- In-App Purchases
- Skellyman Scoundrel $0.99
- Necromeister $0.99
- Robot $0.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.