By Autodesk Inc.
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
With Autodesk 123D Make you can turn your digital 3D models into amazing real world creations made from cardboard, wood, metal, and other flat materials.
Get your designs out of virtual space and make them tangible. 123D Make converts any 3D STL or OBJ file into a cut pattern based on the material you specify and the size of the physical sculpture you plan to build.
- Build options
• Choose from multiple construction techniques; stacked slices, interlocked slices, or folded panels. You decide what look you want for your creation.
• Interlocked slices can also be defined along a curve or radially around an axis (great for rounded shapes like bowls).
• Folded panels can be assembled in a variety of ways; tab and slot, stitching, and many more.
• Define the size of your final real-world creation - create objects of any size you are able to cut!
- Modify Form
• Hollow out your model to cut down on final weight, minimize material use, or to create hidden cavities in which to hide treasures.
• Thicken your model to make thin parts easier to put together, or to give your model a cartoony look.
• Use the Shrinkwrap option to close up models that have holes, or smooth out fine details.
• Build plans are automatically generated based on the final object size and material you determine. Choose from preset materials or define your own.
• Animated assembly instructions let you preview how your sculpture will fit together before you cut, and can also be used to guide you step-by-step.
• Export your 2D build plans as EPS, DXF, or PDF files that are ready for cutting with everything from scissors to a laser cutter or a bandsaw.
- 123D Community
• Access the 123D Gallery to download models and projects shared by users around the world.
• Share your projects with other users to get feedback and iterate with the global 123D community.
What's New in Version 1.4.1
Current version is broken! Don’t install!
This app is generally always crashy and buggy. I put up with it though.
The latest version breaks the login function (which is already so irritating, since you can’t save without logging in…). I can’t get to my projects at all. I’ve tried deleting and reinstalling, deleted plists for autodesk, etc. No go.
I wish autodesk would learn how to program for macs. I haven’t tried the pc versions of these apps, but I suspect they might work better. All of the 123d apps are soooooooo slow and buggy, even on a new mac laptop. Kills me since the idea for these apps is so promising, but the execution is horrible.
- Category: Graphics & Design
- Updated: Mar 25, 2014
- Version: 1.4.1
- Size: 48.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Autodesk
- © Autodesk Inc.
Compatibility: OS X 10.7 or later, 64-bit processor
Top In-App Purchases
- 123D Premium monthly membership$9.99
- 123D Premium 1-year membership$99.99