2012 Map: The Presidential Election App
By Cory Renzella
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
2012 Map is “The Election App”.
With this app you can create, save, and share 2012 presidential election scenarios in a simple and easy way.
It includes “Live” maps that are updated daily with the newest polling data; “Historical” maps that detail every election, from 1789 through 2008; and a “New” blank map that you can customize from scratch.
In presidential elections, it’s the electoral vote that matters. That vote is determined by the states each candidate wins, and from 1789 – 2012, from George Washington to – well, we’ll see! – 2012 Map will keep you connected to the presidential election.
That’s why 2012 Map is “The Election App”.
- A “Live” map is updated daily to give you the best estimate of what will happen on November 6.
- “Historical” maps show you every presidential election result and include notes for each election.
- Tap states to change their colors (red, blue, or gray, with light red and blue “leaning” colors, and green “3rd Party” color).
- Touch states for one second to see their details (e.g., percentages for each candidate, electoral votes, previous winners).
- Share your scenario with your family and friends on Facebook, Twitter, or e-mail! See if your friends agree, disagree, or have their own scenarios!
Crashes upon a "save"
UPDATE: I agree with previous reviewers after using this app for a bit of time. I hear about new polls that come out (Rasmussen), and they aren't shown in the map, the liberal leaning polls are updated quite frequently. Seems very odd that ALL news media grudgingly admit to Romney trending higher, but in the last week, this map shows him trending down. The post election map will show how inaccurate and useless this app is if they don't get their poll reporting showing more accurately now.
My original review is below👇
Seems to me the polls update daily- first thing in the a.m. But, the app. Crashes when you try to save a Newly downloaded map. Usually takes after a couple of tries. Have to reopen the app. then download, and try again to save- hoping it doesn't crash. Just a bit annoying.
Biased updating issues!
This is nothing short of a liberal toy... Ive given it the benefit of a doubt it deserved but it is what it is, laughable! After talking with the creator he assured me this app updates every day. And I caught him red handed in his lie!.. I've been watching it and it absolutely does not. All the left leaning polls seem to be updated while the right leaning polls are a week behind. So if you're a liberal, this app is for you because it's biased polling data is slanted in your favor...and you people should be use to that with the monopoly of liberal owned media out there.
If you just want something unbiased for ONCE, this app is NOT for you. Don't download this app, it's a waste of time...
Works well, updated daily and has a set of historical maps (very interesting to see the shifts in voting patterns over time). And, there's good reason the app doesn't rely heavily on Rasmussen polls... they've been proven to be inaccurate time after time.
- Category: News
- Released: Aug 06, 2012
- Version: 1.0
- Size: 6.1 MB
- Languages: English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish
- Seller: Cory Renzella
- © 2012 Cory Renzella
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.