By Guided Ways Technologies Ltd
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
** Mac App Store Best of 2013 **
2Do lets you take a completely different approach to managing your tasks. With its extremely simple-to-use interface and a comprehensive and flexible set of powerful features, it lets you focus on what's most important to you: your life. There is no wrong way of using 2Do, and unlike other to-do apps, it won't force you in adhering to a particular task management methodology.
SIMPLE TASKS, CHECKLISTS & PROJECTS
• Create simple tasks, or checklists and projects with sub-tasks. Tasks can have notes, attachments and multiple alarms.
• Set any task to repeat using a flexible set of options.
LIST GROUPS, LISTS & SMART LISTS
• In addition to built-in Focus lists that allow you to conveniently view upcoming, starred or scheduled tasks, you can create multiple lists to manage and organize your tasks.
• Smart lists let you harness the true potential of 2Do using a number of search options, filters and search pre-sets. Using Smart Lists, you can create custom views of your tasks and use them to focus-in or find frequently managed tasks.
• Furthermore, related Smart lists and Lists can be grouped together using a List Group in the order you desire.
• Quickly focus on your projects and their sub-tasks and nothing else
• Access project view directly from the list view or using keyboard shortcuts
• Focus filters and sort options can be applied separately to individual projects using Project View
• Manage tags within Tag Groups.
• Easily assign tags to tasks and vice versa.
• Leverage the easy to use yet powerful integration of Tags & Smart Lists to filter on frequently managed tasks.
• Find Used vs. Unused tags with a click.
• Stay in sync with multiple Macs and mobile devices running 2Do using your favorite sync method: Dropbox, Reminders (CalDAV), Toodledo or iCal CalDAV Server.
• Using Dropbox, you can keep multiple devices in sync seamlessly. Devices can be added / removed at any time.
• Using Reminders CalDAV sync you can keep 2Do and Reminders in sync as well as create tasks using Siri.
• Unobtrusive automatic background sync supported for Dropbox, Reminders (CalDAV) and CalDAV.
• Save your thoughts as they come to you. Using a global hotkey, Quick Entry allows you to add tasks from any app or any Space.
• 2Do does it right. Quick Entry works even if 2Do was not launched or is not running in the background.
• Works just the way Quick Look does in Finder or other built-in OS X apps. Use the spacebar to zoom in and out of a task to preview notes, multi-line titles or other details attached to your tasks.
ALARMS & NOTIFICATIONS
• Stay on top of your tasks with alarms and notifications. Supports Notification Center on Mountain Lion as well as a built-in notification system which works even when 2Do is not running.
• Add multiple alarms to a single task.
• Set up automatic alarms for tasks with due dates and due times.
• Your life is a private affair. Manage it by locking out individual lists or the whole app with a single click.
• 2Do values your tasks. Periodic automatic backups are created for you which can be transferred from one machine to another or from the iOS version of 2Do to the Mac and vice versa.
• Save backups to external disks and restore from previously saved backups.
• Adding and editing tasks is blazing fast using in-place editors and popovers
• 2Do supports both mouse users, by offering them numerous little shortcuts, as well as keyboard power-users by supporting dozens of keyboard shortcuts
• 2Do has been optimized for hundreds of lists and thousands tasks, and won't slow down over time
What's New in Version 1.5.2
What's New in v1.5.2:
* NEW: Ability to drag and drop email links to task notes. Drop emails directly on the Dock icon.
* NEW: Support for dragging and dropping emails from Airmail (upcoming version).
* Stability improvements
Thank you for all the wonderful feedback!
This update is a result of several months of refinements and redesign and is packed with tons of improvements of all kinds. We revisited every single pixel to make it more appealing, and to give you a robust, intuitive user experience.
• Support for Mavericks
This App naps, supports responsive scrolling and saves ample CPU power to be spent elsewhere.
• Dropbox Sync overhauled
Completely written from scratch to make sync much faster, better and error free. It learns as you use the app and will seamlessly sync in the background without user intervention.
• Project View
A new easy to use mode where you only see your project and its subtasks and nothing else. Access it directly from the left list panel or use the new shortcut keys.
• List Groups
An addition layer of organization. Manage, sort, order or show / hide related lists in their own groups. You can also re-order lists between groups. You can mix Smart lists and normal lists together under the same List Group.
• Collapsible Task Sections
Collapse or expand grouped tasks. 2Do now cleverly remembers your preference when navigating within the app.
• The Drop Bar
A new and easy way of performing frequent tasks such as deferrals, duplicating / copying, deleting or sharing tasks using a simple drag and drop gesture.
• Smarter Calendar
The calendar control is now even more useful and smarter than before. Option+Click to add a task to a date, select a single date or multiple dates to filter on tasks and drag and drop for quick deferrals.
• Smarter Focus Lists
Drag and drop on the Starred Focus list to quickly Star your tasks, or on top of the Scheduled Focus list to quickly assign Start dates to your tasks.
• Project / Checklist Sorting / Focus
You can now sort or apply the focus filter to projects and checklists separately from their lists
• Archived Lists
Done with a list and no longer wish to see it, but still would like to keep it around? Archive it. Lists can be archived but still take part in global search.
• Hidden Scheduled Tasks
2Do now cleverly displays a Scheduled Tasks toggle button when there are scheduled tasks (i.e. tasks that start some time in the future) available in the visible list or smart list. Simply click or use a keyboard shortcut to toggle their visibility. Finally, a list that's clutter free.
• Moving tasks to Projects
You can now move tasks to projects or create a new task inside a project directly from edit / add mode, including Quick Entry.
• Quick Add with Quick Entry
Once you're done entering a task into Quick Entry, simply hit the Quick Entry hotkey combination again to quickly add the entered task and then re-show Quick Entry for adding a new task.
• Color band
A new and improved way of showing and assigning colors to lists. The color band now shows a soft glow to reflect current task selection for quick reference. Double click to quickly assign a new color.
• Improved global Sort Bar
The sort bar above the task list is now the only relevant place where you will find useful information about the current state of your list.
• Improved Global Search
You can now search through all your lists using the global search field without having to switch between lists. Simply select 'All Lists' in search preferences and you're done.
• New Preferences
Several new preferences, focus options, filter options and more.
• Full Keyboard Navigation
Keyboard Navigation enabled on editable properties when adding / editing tasks
• Support for several new languages
• Many, many other bug fixes, performance improvements and subtle new features.
Follow us: @2DoApp
Best to do list solution
I’ve looked at a lot of To Do solutions both manually and automated systems and 2Do for me is the best. My to do lists are more complicated than just a list of to dos. The project and list features are really good. The ability to sort the lists in many different ways helps me look at my day in many different ways. You can include and exclude groups is also really helpful. 5 different prioritzations (nothing all the way to Star). The tags are really powerful. I’m using tags for many differnt uses and then creating smart lists to see to dos by different tags combinations. The searching is is really powerful.
I really don’t get how you can compare Evernote and Wunderlist to 2Do. I think they are completely different solutions. I’m using Evernote for some document tracking. But 2Do to manage my day-to-day activities. I tried using both those apps and there is absolutely no comparison unless maybe if your to dos are fairly straight forward.
Syncing via Dropbox to my iphone was very easy.
I'd rate it a 5 if
1. a easier way to add notes and to be honest i’m not even sure how ot make it easier but even adding a date and time stamp would be good
2. it does crash from time to time
3. Better real time synching to the iPhone
4. Better integration to notifications and calendar
It is expensive but if you are using it for work to manage your day and to make you more productive I can justify the price.
Finally, what I’ve been looking for!!!!! Switched from "The Hit List” and I’ve never been happier!!
I’ve been a long-time user of The Hit List because its user interface and features were the best out there. BUT, it was an app that never got any further attention from the developer (just read The Hit List reviews) so it eventually fell behind in the competition with mobile apps. I tried to find a replacement over the past couple years and tried: Things, OmniFocus, RTM, etc. Nothing filled all my needs and some of them were downright painful to use (yes, OmniFocus - I’m talking to you).
THEN, I finally came across 2Do. I had tried it in the past, but it had been a long time. WOW, it has come a long way! It’s not as pretty as The Hit List UI, but 2Do is awesome and has all the power you want. I love the flexibility of the interface and how much customization and control you have over how you see your content. Sync works perfectly through Dropbox! The iPad app and the iphone app are spot-on. Is it a perfect replacement for The Hit List? No, but it’s 95% there. I will miss the super clean UI of THL and the ability to set estimated time for your tasks in THL (2Do team - I hope you’re reading this). That being said, it’s definitely worth switching.
After several months using it, I’ve never been happier in my decision. Try it, you’ll love it.
Badly in need of major update for Mac and iDevice. Returned to OmniFocus.
After using 2Do for two months, I’ve returned gratefully to OmniFocus and its iDevice apps.
2Do has many glitches and bugs, significantly more limited feature set than OmniFocus, awkward UI quirks, and a far outdated iDevice app (which they’ve said since November they’d be updating soon… with no updates).
I contacted their Tech Support multiple times regarding the glitches and Tech Support wrote back promptly each time and admitted that each thing I had detailed they had been able to replicate on their end and the application is not supposed to work like that. They said they submitted requests to fix these issues to their Development Team, yet two months later there’s still no update.
Basic things like manually sorting lists and projects to appear in whatever order one desires or a specific order (e.g. alphanumeric) are not possible with 2Do. There’s also a bug where there’s a lag between changes in the main window and those changes being reflected in the navigation column on the left. Frequently, the application needs to be restarted for those changes to appear.
For my money, OmniFocus for Mac, OmniFocus for iPhone, and OmniFocus for iPad offer a much stronger, integrated, more flexible and polished system for GTD and project/list tracking than 2Do for Mac and 2Do for iPhone/iPad, and, unlike Guided Ways, OmniGroup updates their apps regularly.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Nov 26, 2013
- Version: 1.5.2
- Size: 23.2 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Chinese, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Japanese, Norwegian, Portuguese, Russian, Swedish
- Seller: Guided Ways Technologies Ltd
- © Guided Ways Technologies Ltd.
Compatibility: OS X 10.8 or later, 64-bit processor