By Simon & Schuster
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Solve a year’s worth of Simon & Schuster crossword puzzles on your iPhone or iPod touch, all in one simple download. 365 Crosswords contains unique and challenging crossword puzzles for solvers of every level. Created by the best constructors-–and edited by top puzzle master John M. Samson-—these puzzles brought to you by the original crossword publishers, Simon and Schuster, offer hours of entertainment.
Play 365 Crosswords anywhere, anytime, without a WiFi or 3G connection, and without a subscription.
• Sort and choose crosswords by degree of difficulty, level of completion, author, or title
• Jump right into play with the “Pick One For Me” option
• Download free bonus and themed puzzles in application updates
• Solve puzzles in “pen” or “pencil” mode
• Solve difficult “rebus” crosswords by selecting multiple letter mode
• Check or reveal a letter, a word, or the entire grid
Are you up for the challenge? Fire up your iPhone or iPod touch, get ready to tap and find out!
• Manage and sort puzzles from the List Puzzles menu
• All settings can be accessed by tapping the gear-shaped icon from the Main Menu
• To key in answers, click the pencil icon to bring up the keyboard
• To check/reveal answers (with cheating enabled), click the green check icon
About Simon & Schuster:
In 1924, Simon & Schuster published its first title, The Cross Word Puzzle Book. Not only was it the publisher's first release -- it was the first collection of crossword puzzles ever printed.
Today, eighty-five years later, the legendary Simon & Schuster Crossword Puzzle Book series maintains its status as the standard-bearer for cruciverbal excellence.
What's New in Version 1.1
** Included Free Bonus Cryptic Crossword Puzzle inspired by the novel "Her Fearful Symmetry" by Audrey Niffenegger, the #1 bestselling author of "The Time Traveler's Wife."
** Fixed bug so that answers will not be lost if the app crashes.
Excellant Crossword Puzzle app
Almost did not purchase this due to reviews. They prove false to me . It is a fine working crossword puzzle app. No problems as listed in other reviews. I like these puzzles better than,' The New York Times crossword puzzle' app.
So many crosswords! The interface is easy to use, has a lot of cool selections too and wow I feel like I am doing regular newpaper crosswords too. Hard ann easy - perfect combo. It will take me awhile to get thru all these and that's awesome! Well worth the price!
My main complaint about this application comes not from the poor interface or the frequent crashes, but rather the content. I have yet to find a decent crossword on the game. The clues are poorly written and often repeated. I regret purchasing this app. I highly recommend puchasing a different one if you are looking for decent crossword puzzles.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Sep 11, 2009
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 1.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Simon & Schuster
- © 2008 Simon & Schuster, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.