Browse RAR and ZIP archives and view 3D content from a variety of popular data formats right on your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch. View 3D data attached to E-mail messages, download from websites or online cloud storage or transfer via iTunes document exchange.
3Dskope natively supports 3DS, ASE, OBJ, PLY, RAR, STL, and ZIP files. Additional data formats are available via 3Dskope Importer extensions (see below).
3Dskope also handles some bitmap formats not supported by iOS (e.g. DDS, TIFF, TGA). Other document types usually contained in a RAR or ZIP archive (e.g. PDF's, photos, movies, office doc's, etc...) are passed to iOS for preview generation.
Thus, 3Dskope is an advanced, high quality 3D viewer with additional general-purpose content viewing capabilities.
3Dskope lets you play animations embedded in 3DS or ASE files (mono- or stereoscopic), lets you toggle light sources and gives you an overview of the elements that comprise the scene (cameras, lights, materials, meshes, groups).
In addition to polygonal mesh geometry 3Dskope can import NURBS curves and surfaces from OBJ files.
3Dskope features the Magic Crosshair™ which lets you measure coordinates, distances, areas and volumes. In addition you can use the clip tool to display and animate cross-sectional views.
You can customize the UI for left-hand or right-hand operation. Also, you can select from a number of background patterns, gradients and color schemes or define your own.
Additional capabilities are available via In-App Purchase extensions:
- 3Dskope Professional lets you load scene textures (diffuse color maps), provides extended visualization modes, and lets you render your scene in high resolution with transparent background.
- 3Dskope Explorer provides a new and intuitive way to view the properties of your scene’s cameras, lights, materials, nodes, animation tracks and animation keys. In addition you can explore individual meshes in a separate 3D view.
- 3Dskope Exporter lets you save your scene to various popular data formats (3DS, OBJ/MTL, PLY, and STL are currently available). Free trial exporters are included for evaluation. Trial versions have full functionality except that the exporter output can only be opened with 3Dskope and on the same device. You can remove that restriction from a specific exporter via In-App purchase.
- 3Dskope Importer provides support for additional data formats. Static preview generation is available for free. Full functionality for a specific data format can be enabled via In-App purchase. AC3D is the first additional data format provided by a 3Dskope Importer extension.
For a detailed app description view the 3Dskope Quick Start Guide on our website. There are also some short tutorial videos on YouTube. Just search for "3Dskope".
Feel free to contact Seselmo Support if you have questions about 3Dskope or if you want to give us your feedback. If you like 3Dskope, please rate the app or take a few moments to write a review.
NOTE that this app may display ad banners. They can be disabled if any 3Dskope In-App Purchase is installed.
3D datasets used in screenshots:
- Motorbike (included): www.gonzo-3d.com
- Turbine Blade: www.cc.gatech.edu/projects/large_models
- NURBS iPhone 5c (included): Andreas S. Gkertsos
- Zebra: www.deespona.com (background by Nithin bolar k - via Wikimedia Commons)
- Turbo Sonic (included): www.squir.com
3Dskope Professional was used to create the "Motorbike", "Zebra" and "Turbo Sonic" screenshots.
Unless otherwise noted 3D datasets are NOT included with the app. With your download of the 3Dskope app you do NOT obtain any rights to included 3D datasets other than the right to display those datasets within the 3Dskope app. Any included 3D datasets may be removed from future versions of the app without compensation.
- Support for native resolution on iPad Pro
- Fixed an issue related to zooming in on very large data sets on iPad Pro
- New user preference settings: auto-load textures, auto-enable lights, auto-play animations
- Additional UI color schemes: Blueprint, Eminence, and Petrol
- New user preference setting to enable translucent UI style on iPad
Ratings and Reviews
Here is the feature set that makes this app great
First, you can load models (ply seems to work best) into iPad local storage from your desktop. Second, you can load and play with models that are an order of magnitude larger than ANY other similar app (e.g. 217MB vs 23MB). Third, models load faster, much faster, with a % counter so you know what’s happening. And fourth, the clip feature is at least as well implemented as any other similar app.
The only problem, and it’s minor, is that if you pack an obj/mtl into a zip, and load into local storage, when the model is decompressed, the mtl will not be loaded along with the obj, so colors are lost. Texturing is apparently a paid feature, which is fair, and the docs announce this clearly.
Even as a free app, my high rating still stands, nothing I’ve discovered comes close at any price.
thank you for your favourable review!
Please contact 3Dskope Support about the obj/mtl issue --> email@example.com.
3Dskope is designed to work as you intended (--> see the MotorCycle and iPhone 5c examples; they are exactly that: obj/mtl in a ZIP). NOTE that 3Dskope Professional is required to display textures.
Believe me this is the next big thing
I truly believe this app is the next big thing ( I beta tested Rhino,SketchUp and Revit when they where unknown). Had some glitches with my IPad mini but it works fine on my Iphone5
Their costumer service was excellent.
Any designer out there should Try it you can clip, save views, and animate the clipping within the app of your OBJ file.
I will give it a 5 star when I finally fix my IPad mini problem.
Needs a better logo.
Truly annoying ad presence
- Seselmo UG (haftungsbeschrankt)
- 39.2 MB
- Requires iOS 6.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Seselmo UG (haftungsbeschränkt)
- In-App Purchases
- 3Dskope Professional $14.99
- 3Dskope Explorer $9.99
- Exporter for STL $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.