5-0 Radio Police Scanner
By Smartest Apps LLC
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Tap into the largest collection of live police, firefighters, aircraft, railroad, marine, emergency, and ham radios. Be the first to know about important news, events, or any major crime waves happening in your town.
Thanks for making us one of top 100 most downloaded iOS app since 2009. 5-0 Radio has been downloaded over 25 million times!
- Listen to feeds in the background. You can run other apps while listening to the police. Just email a link to yourself and tap it to listen to it in the background.
- Automatically attempts to reconnect the feed if you lose the connection.
- Listen to feeds on your desktop/laptop computer. Email yourself a link to the feed, and open that link on your browser or with your favorite mp3 player.
- Ability to Add Feeds
- Brand new built-in Web Browser allows you to browse the web while listening to a feed in the background.
- The web browser also automatically detects feeds and integrates it with the radio. Now you can add feeds from the web by simply tapping on the feed's link via our browser.
- The web browser blocks most ads.
- Share feeds with your friends by email. They do not need to buy this app to listen with you.
- Top 100 Feeds list
- Aircraft and Train Feeds
For listings, go here: SmartestApple.com/50radio.html#air
- Worldwide coverage. Although, we may not have your country covered, our app is always expanding and looking for new police radios to tap into.
- List scanners by county. Don't just list all feeds in a state, get only the ones that are from your city/county.
- Integrated map that finds your location and the location of the feed. Now you can find where the action is happening and follow along.
- Built-in police/EMS/fire/military codes and phonetic alphabet for easy interpretation. Good for any beginners who do not have the proper training and have trouble remembering what the codes mean.
- Save your favorites to the front screen of the app for quick one-tap access.
- This app will dynamically grab a new list of sources so that you will always be the first to get any new police feeds out there.
- See the popularity of each feed. Each feed lists the number of listeners who are following the action along with you.
- Choose new skins or make your own. Skins can be any photo you choose from your photos library.
- New police feeds and others are added on an hourly basis, so keep checking if we added yours recently.
*Note: Our paid app called 5-0 Radio PRO adds over 50,000 more feeds - Search for "5-0 Radio Pro" on iTunes to find it.
It is legal in most countries to listen to police feeds. However, it is illegal in some places to use this app to aid in the commission of a crime or to pose as a police officer when you are not. It may also be illegal to use it while driving. Please consult your local laws before using this app outside of your home.
Is it fake?
It's very real. Each feed comes from a person in that region with an expensive police scanner and is sharing the signal with you via the internet.
The delay between the real radio feed and this app is only a few seconds.
Check out our website SmartestApple.com for other great free apps from us
What's New in Version 39.0
Revamped player interface
- You can now choose any image from your photo library as a new skin and it will be set as the background of the player (try it out).
- Landscape mode now takes advantage of the entire width of the device
- Tapping the various GUI elements (such as the clock and speaker image) will hide and unhide them
- Optimized for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iPad users on iOS 8 can choose skins now (bug fix)
- Updated station database
One of the best apps in the store
I've used this app for several years and gladly paid for the upgrade. I'm in public safety, and this app is my backup to my portable and pager.
Here are a few notes on getting the most out of the app...
The audio is a data stream (like listening to an Internet radio station). Therefore, it uses both battery/adapter power. Unless you have either unlimited data or a wifi connection, you might go over your limit. Also, it's a good idea to use a power adapter and not batteries.
The audio typically comes from local scanners connected to the Internet. Therefore the quality may vary. Also, there may be a lag from the time a station transmits, until you actually hear it.
All in all, it's a great app and highly recommended.
This app is awesome and addicting. I love being able to listen to other states police radios and being able to view all the police codes to figure out what they're saying. I also love that this plays in the background when you click out of the app! I don't like how sometimes the radios interfere or something so two people talk over each other. I also wish the chat was more like a chat though, like a chat room type of thing, so when you typed stuff it would just come up right away and someone could reply to whatever you said right away instead of how it looks now, like waiting for a comment back after you post it, like on Facebook.
Had this app for years now.
So let's begin with it works most of the time, but not the times some people would really need it to. For instance to help save some lives of the people the were unconscious after a roll over which had landed them in the river just putting their unconscious heads out of reach of rising waters.
Sure I might have made it if I wasn't fiddling with getting my iPad app to give me a mile marker point through the pending ads that restrict you from listening or if it simply just does not want you to hear so the man at the other end pushes the stop button as you press play over and over.
Well anywho good app next to that, be nice if they'd give the guy that presses the stop button a talk too about the importance of this app and to not do that.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Apr 15, 2015
- Version: 39.0
- Size: 49.9 MB
- Languages: English, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Smartest Apps LLC
- © Smartest Apps LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.