For high-quality images, medium-format cameras were the professionals’ choice for years. And many preferred the framing of the 6x7cm format above all. 6x7 for iPhone takes you back to that time, with beautiful, high-resolution images that aren’t quite square – but aren’t too stretched out, either.
Give your iPhone a taste of classic medium-format photography. Sick of square? Weary with widescreen? Let 6x7 give your photographic world a new shape.
* 6:7 image ratio
* Blistering performance
* Optional Real-time Preview
* Full EXIF support – including location-tagging
* Manual focus and exposure control
* What you see is what you capture
* Framing grids help you keep your verticals and horizontals where they should be
* "Split-image" shows where the middle of your composition is, and even whether it's level
* Fixed focal length lens (no digital zoom to make your photographs fuzzier)
* Saves straight to the Camera Roll
* Manual flash control - it's either on or off
* Color or B&W
* Elegant user interface
* View and share your images—e-mail, Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, Instagram and other apps
* Opt-in to Real-time Preview - see exactly (from any of sixteen Color or B&W Modes) what you will take, in the viewfinder!
* Picture Review lets you see your photographs on screen straight after you've taken them (tap to clear)
* Select B&W Mode from eight dramatic choices
* Select Color Mode from eight sumptuous choices
* Print Border adds a crisp white or black border to your photographs, or a choice of film and hand-printed effects
* Control sounds: audio feedback when you click a switch or press a button
* A retro flashgun sound, for some serious nostalgia
* Save as HI-Quality JPEG, MAX-Quality JPEG (no visible compression artefacts) or TIFF
MANUAL FOCUS/EXPOSURE CONTROL:
* Tap to set the focus/exposure point-of-interest
* Tap-hold to set an independent exposure point-of-interest (a single tap now manages focus alone)
* Swipe the display to lock the focus and exposure
* Double-tap to return to Autofocus/Autoexposure
From Jag.gr, the people who brought you 6x6 for iPhone and 645 PRO
* Fixes minor audio routing issue.
Questions or problems? Please CONTACT US: we'll help you promptly!
Ratings and Reviews
This app is the closest you'll get to shooting with a Leica on your iphone, on any phone for that matter. Yes, it's that good, that special, and for 99 cents, a ridiculous value. I'm a huge fan of all of this developer's apps, from 645pro to PureShot, etc. But there's something special about 6x7, some hidden quality to the photos that the others don't have. I don't know if it's an accident or intended but the resolution, the contrast, the image is as close to out of the camera wet film as I've ever seen on any other app, and I've tried most. It's ease of use, easy interface, and total simplistic control only adds to the romance of using this camera. I would complain about the fact that there hasn't been an update of this app in a while, but, honestly, I really don't want one. No changes, nothing. If they can get even higher quality without changing anything, I'm all for it, otherwise, don't touch it. My last note is that it's the best high contrast black and white shooter you can find. If you love photography pay .99 cents and play with this app, you will not regret it.
I'm completely smitten with 6x7 as well I have put off downloading this app forever and I finally pulled the trigger last night. Since downloading I have taken around 100 shots or more. The black and whites this app produces are incredible.
For those asking for filters and the ability to import from the camera roll, I say you are missing the point and the whole idea of this app. Please take some time to read up on medium format photography and you'll soon understand the air of this gem.
It takes a photographer to truly appreciate this amazing app so if you don't "get it" then it's probably not for you.
Does what it does very well
I can see where a shortcut button to Photos would be nice but it's hardly necessary. There are color and mono contrast curves in the settings, though most of the complainers probably overlooked that. The spirit level is super useful but a little hard to see.
This app is for taking good pictures. The grid, focus, and exposure tools and level help a ton with composition. You can mess your image up after you capture it if you really want to. Lots of apps can do that. Real life medium format cameras are not lomo, they have the highest technical quality possible in a handheld camera. There are plenty of other options for the iPhone lomographer.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.