8tracks playlist radio - Free music app
By 8tracks Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
8tracks is the best playlist radio app for people who care about music to make & discover refreshingly human playlists.
Want a music player to help you listen to a playlist for a study, workout, yoga, or dating session? Looking for free music to stream like radio? 8tracks is the top music app to discover independent hip hop, EDM, indie rock, dubstep and more. Choose from nearly 2 million free playlists, each lovingly handcrafted by a real-life human being who listens to music as much as you. Enjoy millions of free songs curated by people around the world.
- Free radio app
- Audio ad free, pure uninterrupted streaming radio unlike Pandora
- Music community sharing and discovering new indie songs
- Creative playlists with a “soul” behind the music
- Music discovery for every imaginable genre, mood, or activity worldwide
- Less repetition
- YouTube & SoundCloud integration
Join 8tracks’ global community of 8 million monthly listeners and DJs. Stream for free today.
What's New in Version 3.3.6
New in 3.3.6:
- Playlists in weekly emails now open in the app so Safari doesn't barge in all uninvited
- Squashed some more bugs (Tumblr sharing is back online)
- Seasonal fruits and vegetables. Seriously, have persimmons always been around? So good.
- Something we can't put our finger on… a new fragrance? New shoes? A new workout regimen? Whatever it is, it's working for you
- Animated playlist covers like we’re in Harry Potter or something
- 8tracks Timeline: review playlists you’ve heard and upcoming playlists, travel through time and space
- Sleep timer: go to sleep whenever the heck you want without leaving the app running
- Tumblr sharing, in addition to Facebook, Twitter, text, email, link, Tinder (just kidding… maybe)
- Sidebar access to your playlist collections
No more crashes, still freezes sometimes
The recent updates of the app seem to have made the app a lot better. However, sometimes when you're not in the app but still listening to music, and try to skip something the music stops playing completely.
Also, I wish we could make playlists within the app instead of just on the website
everything was good, until the fire nation attacked
8tracks WAS the only app I went to for listening to music as it had a huuuge variety and the fact that the playlists were fanmade was awesome! But, now that the skips are down I'm really turned off. A lot of other people are complaining about them as well, and I genuinely don't understand why you would limit skips like this. It's really disappointing; now I mostly use Songza and don't feel like dealing with the app anymore. [Bring Me To Life playing softly in the distance via a better music app]
I love 8tracks. I've used the site for years and will continue to do so. However, this app drives me insane. I constantly have the issue of an ad (audio only) playing in the middle of a song and again multiple times after that (same ad). The songs do not pause and the ads simply play over the music. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app and it did nothing. This happens every single time I use the app. Aside from this issue, it's a fine app.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Jan 27, 2016
- Version: 3.3.6
- Size: 63.9 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: 8tracks Inc.
- © 2015 8tracks Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- 8tracks ad-free 1 year subscription$19.99