8tracks Playlist Radio - Top Music App
By 8tracks Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
“8TRACKS IS THE FUTURE OF RADIO” -Pete Tong | BBC Radio 1
Imagine if every time you wanted to listen to a good playlist, someone gave you the perfect handmade mixtape. Welcome to 8tracks – the best place to discover & share playlists made by people.
Explore more than 2 million free playlists, all handcrafted by real people who love music as much as you. Need music for a study, workout, or chill session? Want happy, dance, or dating songs to make your day? Like mixtapes with a soul and story behind it?
“IT’S THE MOST INDIE INTERNET RADIO YOU CAN EVER ASK FOR” -Pierce Manlangit
8tracks is the best music app to discover independent rock, hip-hop, electronic, fanmixes and anything you’re in the mood for. Download today to find playlists with every artist, genre, activity and mood imaginable.
“PANDORA’S YOUNGER, COOLER SISTER” -David Porter | 8tracks
Listen completely free with ads & limits, or upgrade to 8tracks Plus for unlimited, ad-free listening.
Perks for free listeners:
• Discover mixes for every imaginable artist, genre, mood or activity under the sun
• Explore and save creative playlists with a “soul” behind the music
• Fun music community, discovering and sharing new songs together
• Crazy-good personalized playlist recommendations
• Less repetition than other apps
• Sleep timer & YouTube integration
8tracks Plus subscribers get these perks on all our platforms:
• Unlimited listening
• Banish all the ads
• No interruptions between playlists
• Use animated gifs on your playlists
• Get a flashy badge to show off to your friends and admirers
• Support independent radio and the artists you love
“8TRACKS IS MORE THAN JUST A MUSIC SERVICE – IT’S A REAL COMMUNITY BUILT ON A SHARED LOVE OF MUSIC” -Steve Aoki | Dim Mak Records
Join millions of listeners & DJs at 8tracks and discover your next favorite playlist today.
8tracks Plus billing plans:
• Monthly billing: $4.99
• Annual billing: $39.99
8tracks Plus subscriptions renew automatically at the end of each billing period from the date of sign-up. You can cancel anytime and will continue to receive the benefits of 8tracks Plus through the end of the current billing period, irrespective of cancellation date.
More 8tracks Plus subscription details:
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
8tracks Plus FAQ: https://8tracks.com/plus_faq
Say hi on Twitter: http://twitter.com/8tracks
Like us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/8tracks
Follow us on Tumblr: http://8tracks.tumblr.com
Explore our website: https://8tracks.com
What's New in Version 3.3.54
While we’d really rather not have any limits on listening, we’ve exhausted all possible options to keep 8tracks free for everyone, as it has been for the past 8 years. Unfortunately, with increases in royalty rates and operating costs, we have no choice but to shift towards subscriptions (which we’ve priced as affordably as possible) to ensure a healthy future for our service and the community. Please copy and paste this blog post from our CEO into your browser to learn why these changes had to happen: https://blog.8tracks.com/2016/12/12/independent-radio-and-the-challenges-of-streaming-music/
People complain that times changed.
While I'm not gonna lie after being an avid fan for years, the switch to the service not being free was a long time coming. The app works great and you CAN find GREAT PLAYLISTS curated by the community. The pricing is affordable. Miscreants will complain about the money. But at HALF the cost of other services, yall should just pony up.
What a Joke
I've had this app for about 5 years now and absolutely loved it in the beginning as it allowed me to discover new music super easily. Then came the update which allowed users only an hour of listening which was a smack in the face. Now you expect us to buy subscriptions to access what used to be free??? Super disappointed how this app has developed over the years.
Long time user, highly disappointed
I was a user since 2009 and used to enjoy the service 8tracks offered. But as of the recent update, with an absurd allowance of 1hr of free listening, and adding a pay for premium service feature. This app has done a disservice to its new and long time users.
This used to be a great place to listen to and discover music
- Category: Music
- Updated: Apr 27, 2017
- Version: 3.3.54
- Size: 102 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: 8tracks Inc.
- © 2015 8tracks Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- 8tracks Plus Subscription$4.99
- 8tracks Plus Subscription$39.99
- 8tracks Plus Subscription$9.99
- 8tracks ad-free 1 year subscription$19.99