MAVIS is the ultimate pro filmmaking and broadcast camera for the iPhone. It provides professional level filming tools including focus peaking, waveform monitor, vectorscope, false color and zebras. It gives you audio controls, audio metering, custom resolutions, framerates and recordings formats. It also brings a natural interface to give you full flexible manual control while shooting.
MAVIS now offers In-App Purchases. Purchase the Big Bundle or choose from our Viewfinder, Formats, Pro Tools and Timecode packs.
- Focus peaking and expanded focus for manual focus assist
- Zebras and False Color exposure assist
- Manual focus, exposure and color
- HD, 2K and 4K* recording
- High bitrate and HEVC encoding*
- Custom frame rates up to 240fps*
- Digital Zoom in 1080p
- Dual camera support*
- Full screen mode
- Custom audio inputs
- Audio metering and manual audio gain control where available*
- Real-time audio passthrough for monitoring in headphones*
- Real-time full-scale vectorscope for color work
- Real-time full-scale waveform monitor for exposure monitoring
- Support for UltraSync BLUE from Timecode Systems
- Global Presets
- Custom Function (FN) button
- Multiple saving and sharing options
- Apple Watch record start/stop remote
- Support Docs
SUPPORT FOR MULTIPLE RESOLUTIONS*:
- 4K (UHD)
- 4K (4:3) - record at maximum camera resolution without audio
- 2K (4:3)
CUSTOM FRAME RATES:
- Presets available include 23.98fps, 24fps, 25fps, 29.97fps, 30fps, 50fps, 60fps*
- Select any frame rate from 3fps up to 240fps*
- Record up to 240fps in 1080p*
ADVANCED EXPOSURE CONTROLS
- View shutter in angles and speed
- Shutter lock (e.g. lock at 180°)
- Separate target focus and exposure reticles
FULL MANUAL CONTROLS FOR:
- Color temperature
- Focus peaking and Expanded focus helps ensure your shots are always in focus
- Waveform monitor helps you shoot with the optimum dynamic range
- Vectorscope ensures your colors are consistent and your white balance is correct
- Zebra overlay helps ensure your shots are never over exposed
- False color support for Gradient and Ranges with full details about color representations
- False color helps ensure your shots are never over/under exposed
ENCODING BIT RATES:
- 10Mbit/s (Make your storage last longer)
- 20Mbit/s (Standard)
- 30Mbit/s (High quality production)
- 50Mbit/s (Great for post and color grading)
- 100Mbit/s (Great for very high quality productions, color grades and visual effects)*
- Custom external inputs
- Select external audio input from Lightning connector or analog input
- Stereo audio from Lightning connected inputs
- Internal mic selection and polar pattern
- Manual gain control where available
- Audio pass-through/monitoring with headphones*
- VU metering
- Recording Tally
- De-Squeeze support for Moondog Anamorphic Lens
- Image flip support for DOF adaptors
- Support for different aspect ratios in the viewfinder
- Support for guide overlays in viewfinder
- Support for UltraSync BLUE
*Device restrictions apply. See website for full details - shootmavis.com/specs
MAVIS was developed by filmmakers for filmmakers and we hope you enjoy it as much as we do :-)
Ratings and Reviews
The Best Video App
I’ve been using Mavis for the last 5 months for recording product reviews and macro style videos. The manual focus/focus peaking work perfect for my needs, and I really enjoy using them. I also love the new features in the latest update! Zoom works great, and the function button is perfect!
The only comment I would make today is that I recently purchased an iPad Pro (10.5”), and would absolutely love it if the app supported the native screen resolution. I assume this would allow more on-screen Function buttons and capabilities as well. That giant viewfinder can be really nice for certain shots. I’d be willing to buy an iPad specific version.
This app makes my iPhone 7+ my primary video camera. Keep up the good work! You guys are awesome!
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the review!
Might be the best for Video Capture
Mavis is one of the best if not best app for video capture on iOS. I take my video work seriously regardless of what camera I’m using. With iOS I’ve been using Filmic Pro since day one and love it for most tasks. The one area where I struggle to use Filmic Pro is when my iPhone X is on a gimbal because seeing the iPhone’s screen outdoors is tough as are changing settings. Mavis solves the problem with its amazing scopes and overall UI. Mavis is so smooth to work with and the capture quality is top notch. Mavis is truly a next gen iOS app.
I still use Filmic Pro when I need to monitor or control remotely and use my iPad Pro for that. For everything else, I’m using Mavis.
Unlock everything in-app. It’s worth it.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the great review!
My Go To Video App
I really enjoy using this app and like it saves directly to camera roll without having to export it manually. Love the scopes and audio meter. Manual White Balance is not easy to dial in. I wish the app would have the common WB temps ready to select or an easier number slider and same with color shift. I would like to see a horizontal and vertical tilt on screen. I would like manual target exposure and auto focus to be separate on screen selection squares. Also, another competing app has an on screen button to hold down and the camera adjusts white balance quickly based up selection point on screen - it's much better than WB in this app and would be a welcome addition.
Developer Response ,
Wow! Thanks for all the feedback - it really helps us improve the app. We're happy to hear you are loving it!
- 62.3 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 WattenEarth Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- Big Bundle 48 Hour Trial Free
- Big Bundle $17.99
- Formats $5.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.