Translate Photo - OCR Camera Scanner & Translator
By Volgan Shpitz
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
DOWNLOAD NOW! ONE OF THE SMARTEST APPS ON APPSTORE!
Translate Photo app extracts texts from any printed sources: documents, books, signs, instructions or announcements and allows to immediately translate them to any of 90 languages.
Take a picture of the text and after the text is recognized, you can immediately edit, hear, translate, share it on Facebook, Dropbox or simply send by email
Better and faster than any other similar product!
70% cheaper than any other similar app, offered by competitors!
• Recognizes texts in more than 70 languages
• Translates to more than 90 languages
• Reads texts in more than 44 languages
• Full text translation for more than 90 languages (Internet connection is required)
• Listen to the text that has been recognized and translated into more than 44 languages!
• Edit the text, copy it to clipboard, and save in other apps
• Share the text on Facebook,Dropbox or send by email
• All texts are saved in History and can be later recovered at any time
With Translate Photo app you can easily scan and translate:
• any paper documents
• recipes from cookbooks
• notes and letters
• menus in restaurants, bars, and cafes
• articles from magazines and newspapers
• book parts
• instructions and manuals
• texts on product labels
• road signs as well as signs in airports and stations
• and many more...
App is fully compatible with iPhone 6, 6+, 5S, 5, 4S, 4, iPod touch 5th generation, iPad 4, iPad 3, iPad 2, iPad Mini.
Full support for iOS versions 7.0-8.1+!
How to use the app:
• Select the language of the original text as text recognition language.
• Take a picture of the document (page, instruction, or any other text)
• Press the "Scan" button
• Recognized text will appear on the screen with an option to select the source language and the target (translation) language.
• After you select the language, the original text will be automatically translated and will appear at the bottom of the screen.
• To listen to the translation, press the "Voice" button
TranslatePhoto app will digitize and translate any printed text right on your device!
What's New in Version 3.0
We've developed a new version of Translate Photo App for your BEST EXPERIENCE!
Now you can:
- use iMessage to make instant scans and send existing translations
- synch your scans, texts and translations with iCloud
- image preview in «History»
- see your frequent used languages first
- swipe the cell in «History» section to delete and share your translations
- email your scans, texts and translations to yourself
- customize translation font size (for sand-blind users)
- translate into Sinhala language
- scan documents in Malagasy language
And we've added the Danish localization and fixed some minor bugs!
S’Alright, Well hrm...It’s on the better side of s’alright
Sometimes for reasons unknown to me, this app can be hit or miss with it’s translations. And by that, I mean sometimes it will recognize the Chinese or Japanese characters I primarily need this for, a lot of times not so much. I’m giving it the benefit of understanding since often times it is not the easiest to decipher older antique writing since it can be quite bunches together. All in all, I’m happy with the app but would like to suggest a fix of being able to trace the characters from imported pictures for more precise identification.
If y’all do this I would like my cut of the loot. ;)
Not the most user friendly but very cut and dry app that works. I've used this to translate from many different languages and it seems correct. Keep in mind, many other languages have different transliteration but if you know the topic and don't get stuck on some words, you'll get the just of what's being said, although this is a language barrier not related to the app. The app does what it says and quickly.
Comes close to what I am looking for.
I have been looking for an OCR scanner of handwritten labels and printed ones in order to take inventory in a more easy and accurate way of a collection of items with my cell phone. I had been using an excel spread sheet and checking off each item by hand with a pen to the paper print out. Very laborious.
This program is perfect at recognizing text in photos that is printed. Some of my items have factory tags on them and this is a snap. Some are hand written. Well guess what - it can recognize some hand writing of mine both numbers and letters. Sometimes it cannot.
Sometimes it draws a blank and tells me to re -edit the picture. Or sometimes it captures only part of my written text.
For the most part the app is doing a very good job and for the price it is a bargain.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Feb 09, 2017
- Version: 3.0
- Size: 92.0 MB
- Languages: English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Volgan Shpitz
- © Smartloft Apps
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.