A+ Remote is a full-featured iOS remote for the Audirvana Plus music player on your Mac or PC.
Enjoy easy but sophisticated browsing of your entire music library, playlists and "now playing" queue from throughout your home (within range of your WiFi network).
Powerful features within the elegant design include:
• Albums view: for a quick visual scan through the cover arts
• Playlists view: to capitalize on your previous sortings in Audirvana’s library
• Artists view: to play the tunes of your favorite artist of the moment
• Multi criteria filter browser: for any advanced idea. Let’s say you want to compare the recordings of the 2nd Beethoven concerto? Just ask and you’ll get them.
• Streaming services: to quickly find the music to play in the catalog offered by the streaming service you have subscribed to (currently available: Qobuz, TIDAL, HighResAudio VirtualVault, HRA-Streaming)
All views on your music library are search-enabled to instantaneously find the track you want inside the displayed list.
Of course, remote volume and playback/transport controls are included.
Audirvana Plus with A+ Remote provides unsurpassed sound quality ...
Please note that Audirvana Plus must be running on a Mac or PC connected to your local WiFi network:
• Audirvana Plus for Mac at least version 2.2, preferably 3.1 or later
• or Audirvana Plus for Windows 10 version 1.1 or later
Minor bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Needs a lot of polish
As some others have stated, a visual overhaul is definitely in order (redundancy, navigation not intuitive, etc.), but for goodness sakes, PLEASE guys, please either allow the option to keep the screen awake while music is playing, or make it so that the connection to the computer the remote is controlling persists in the background when the screen sleeps/phone locks. It is very frustrating to have to constantly wake the phone, wait for (or force the app to) reconnect any time you want to look at which track is playing, or change what’s playing, or simply change the volume. Alternatively, if it would be possible to enable a lock screen widget making these things available to the user without even needing to wake the device, even better.
This app is awesome. Works for both iPhone and iPad. Gives simple and complete control over browsing, searching, and now playing. Play, pause, next, previous, track timer, audio parameters, etc. Couldn’t ask for more. Seamlessly integrates with Audirvana desktop. Forget having to screen share your Mac mini to control your library and playback!
I think the other reviews posted here that complain about design and function are either outdated or these folks are having challenges unrelated to the app. This app is simply great and now an essential component of my system.
Terrific: Macbook Pro Chord Hugo 2
UPDATE: After some learning curve struggle on the Audirvana Plus music player for MacBook Pro, I am updating my review moving it to 5 Stars as a most convenient and easy to use remote from my iphone. I have Macbook Pro connected to Chord Hugo 2, with both iTunes library and TIDAL set up. The music quality is stunning. (If you are not familiar with Chord Electronics, and you try their "Mojo" (mobile joy portable DAC/Amp), you are in for a treat). Getting high quality music with an easy to use remote is convenient for home and work. Everything populates just as it should.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.