Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
AAA Mobile improves on-the-go access to trusted AAA services including trip planning, discounts and roadside assistance. The mobile version of AAA’s TripTik® Travel Planner helps you find AAA Approved and Diamond Rated hotels, restaurants and attractions, and the ability to create and share itineraries between your desktop and mobile devices.
KEY FEATURES INCLUDE:
Maps & Discounts
• Find more than 59,000 AAA Approved and Diamond Rated hotels and restaurants
• Book your next hotel or rental car
• Receive member discount offers at over 164,000 locations
• Share saved trips across desktop and mobile devices*
• Find AAA Approved Auto Repair facilities, AAA office locations, and cheapest gas prices near you
• Request Roadside Assistance from the app
• Get instant battery replacement quotes (not available in all areas)
Passbook* (iPhone only, iOS 6 or higher)
• Add a scannable AAA membership card to your Passbook
*You must be a current AAA member to use these features.
Not a member? You can still use our unparalleled trip planner functions. To take full advantage of all the features of this app, Join AAA.
NOTE: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 3.6.0
- Hotel listings now display consumer reviews in addition to the professional reviews provided by AAA property inspectors
- Active road service events now display on the Home screen
We welcome your input, and will give careful consideration to your thoughts as we improve the AAA Mobile app for your use.
Needs a Cellular Connection?? It Has One
Every time I tried to use this app a screen would pop up indicating it didn’t have internet access and it needed a cellular connection. I’d touch OK and the screen would immediately reappear over and over and over and over and over again — anywhere from 4 to 15 times before it would recognize it had a cellular connection and I could use the app. I checked the apps settings several times and cellular data was always enabled for it. Several times I would give up before actually getting to use the app because it was just so danged frustrating.
My AAA membership card showed right away but my AAA proof of insurance failed to show up, so I guess I still need to make sure I keep a copy of that in my car. That would a nice feature to add.
It would list cheap gas 20 miles away when I looking two gas stations that were cheaper right in front of me. Very few restaurants showed up. I did better finding a restaurant from memory that what it returned. I’ m glad I didn’t actually travel with this.
The AAADrive pause button is too difficult to get to. I’d get into the car as a passenger and I’d immediately begin the process of pausing the app. We’d down the road several miles before I could get to it.
It’s drain on my battery could not be justified by it;s lack of usefulness and convenience so I’ve deleted it.
It like it because I can have my AAA card in passbook
Other than that… it’s not that useful to me. I don’t need the shopping or “hot deals” areas. The ability to call roadside assistance is nice to have if I need it.
Two things that really bug me:
1) It still doesn’t support the native resolution of the iPhone 6+. Here we are, nearly a year out, and this hasn’t been done. This is pretty lazy (is the app based on some cross-platform framework)?
2) It insists on ALWAYS having access to my GPS, even when inactive. I won’t give it this, so it barks at me every time I launch it. iOS 8 supports GPS mode “when running;” they should support this, so I can provide my GPS info when I want to, and not when the app is in the background. I don’t want it tracking me when I’m not using it.
Frequently Crashes Since Update
I'm trying to request roadside assistance and the app keeps crashing just seconds after I open it.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: Jul 28, 2015
- Version: 3.6.0
- Size: 46.7 MB
- Languages: English, French
- Seller: American Automobile Association
- © 2015 AAA
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.