AccuWeather: Weather for Life
By AccuWeather International, Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
This free, award-winning weather app features AccuWeather MinuteCast®, the leading minute-by-minute precipitation forecast, hyper-localized to your exact street address. AccuWeather offers the same Superior Accuracy™ and great experience across all iOS devices, including Apple Watch™.
• AccuWeather MinuteCast® – minute-by-minute precipitation forecasts for the next two hours hyper-localized to your exact street address or GPS location. Available for the contiguous United States, Canada, Sweden, Denmark, United Kingdom, Ireland, Japan, France, Spain, Germany, Belgium, Switzerland, Netherlands, Luxembourg, and a growing list of global locations.
• Apple Watch Support – featuring AccuWeather MinuteCast, current conditions details, and severe weather alerts. When there is a severe weather alert for your favorite location, you will be notified by a tap sensation from the Watch and a low audible sound. Current conditions details include location, temperature and high and low for the day, wind speed, times for sunrise or sunset, and RealFeel Temperature® – AccuWeather’s exclusive forecast that shows the user how the temperature actually feels outside.
• AccUcast™ – Become part of the forecast by sharing your weather observations to help people in your community stay safe from hazardous weather and road conditions. View the real-time crowdsourced map with weather conditions submitted by users all over the world in a global animation display.
• Option to automatically download the app to all of your iOS devices.
• Widget available so you can see a summary of what you can expect from the day’s weather on your Today screen in the Notification Center, includes AccuWeather MinuteCast.
• Pushed severe weather alerts to keep you out of the storm.
• Immediately descriptive weather animations illustrating the current weather conditions.
• Animated weather radar and maps for tracking the storm’s path. Weather radar available in the United States, Canada, European locations including United Kingdom, Ireland, Germany, France, Spain, Germany, as well as Japan and Korea.
• Top-Trending weather videos from AccuWeather's News Team
• Forecasting for all your favorite locations – every location on Earth.
Other popular features include:
• Your Daily Snapshot including MinuteCast® shown front-and-center when you open the app – a summary of what you can expect from the day’s weather.
• The Local Forecast Summary, a brief summary of what you can expect from the weather over the next 3-5 days for your location.
• Customizable current weather conditions detail – hide the details that you don’t care about.
• Option to select persistent GPS tracking to get your current weather data as quickly as possible. (Please Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.)
Download AccuWeather – Weather for Life today for free and experience the Superior Accuracy™ that comes from high-quality weather forecasting across your iOS devices.
What's New in Version 11.2
Bug fixes and performance improvements.
If you enjoy using this app, please consider writing a review. The feedback we get from you helps us continue improving the product.
The once-great Accuweather has steadily deteriorated …
… by shoveling tons of fake alerts – alerts for low-probability trivial amounts of rain/snow/fog/wind (the absence of which would mean “no weather”, and negate any reason for weather reporting other than truly severe conditions). There are only a couple of reasons to pack a weather app, one being to be able to check the forecast, the other to warn of actual severe weather in your locality. Having a weather app that instead bombs one with “fake alerts” for what I can only assume are ad-revenue generation purposes makes the whole concept a debit on my life instead of a credit. Now I am pushed into the position of having to decide if paying $5 for the ad-free version is worth it. Having seen that decision devolve in other apps from a one-time payment to an annual blackmail with escalating fees, I am not moved to do so. Good-bye, Accuweather! You were a fine app until your thirst for revenue overcame your value to me.
Good app but could improve
There’s several features that have either changed or I wish existed.
First, I miss being able to adjust the number of days shown in the daily forecast section. I love the page that results from clicking on days in the list but since the list is so long and bulky now I stick it at the bottom.
A feature I would LOVE is if I could view the previous day’s weather. Then I could compare to estimate how I’ll feel and what I should wear.
It would be nice if the app remembered which allergies I want to see info on first. It defaults to showing tree pollen so I have to scroll over every time to see dust & dander.
Lastly, I miss the precipitation circle being on the main page. It was more aesthetically pleasing.
I first gave this app a 5 star rating. I like the customization, and this afternoon it was warm and sunny and the forecast was spot on. “BUT” then this evening it showed rain in the current conditions and it was “NOT” raining. Plus the radar is “ALL” screwed up, first the radar in the app is generally 5 minutes behind their radar on the accuweather website? Plus both of them are running as much as 10 minutes behind the actual time, “PLUS” the radar in the app and the radar in the website show 2 very different images. Then when it did actually start raining outside... both radars showed the rain a good distance away!! What a mess... very disappointed and a waste of $4.23. Going back to the Weather Channel, don’t like them at all, but at least they are very accurate all the time.
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Jan 09, 2018
- Version: 11.2
- Size: 202 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Arabic, Azerbaijani, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kazakh, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: AccuWeather International, Inc.
- © 2017 AccuWeather, Inc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Apple TV: Yes
Top In-App Purchases
- Platinum Upgrade$3.99
- Platinum RestoreFree